Cool omni response - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Banned

I've been following the thread on "stupid things omni's say", so I had to relate an incident that happened this morning.

Several of the people in my office suite (which I just moved into) decided to order pizza this morning. Remember that this is a very small, very rural, very...cattle-ranching kinda place.

"Sausage & pepperoni okay for you?" they asked me.

"Actually, I'm a vegetarian."

"Really? I mean, a *real* vegetarian? No fish or anything?"

"Yep."

"Wow - I've never met one before! That's really cool!"

I was very impressed that they knew vegetarians didn't eat fish. Not bad for cattle-country, huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-06-2004, 04:24 PM
kat
Veggie Regular

thats cool- so did they get you veggie pizza?
#3 Old 10-06-2004, 04:31 PM

Hehe cool!

I remember once, a teacher decided to ask, I forgot why, who was vegetarian in the room. I think it came up as he was rambling about Mad Cow Disease (in a math class, no less!) Some people raised their hands, and he asked if we all ate fish.. Then he classified the ones that didn't as "real vegetarians."

I was the only vegan. heh. There was only one other vegetarian, and one fish-eater.

That's a lot for one classroom!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-06-2004, 04:34 PM

that's cool! i had a really good convo with the t.a. in my class today. it was nice.

edit- the convo was about vegetarianism. incase that was unclear
#5 Old 10-06-2004, 04:40 PM
kat
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FafaFrappy View Post

Hehe cool!

I remember once, a teacher decided to ask, I forgot why, who was vegetarian in the room. I think it came up as he was rambling about Mad Cow Disease (in a math class, no less!) Some people raised their hands, and he asked if we all ate fish.. Then he classified the ones that didn't as "real vegetarians."

I was the only vegan. heh. There was only one other vegetarian, and one fish-eater.

That's a lot for one classroom!

Once an English teacher did a unit on it. We wathched videos, read articles and had a class debate. Even one of the girls who was strongly against it turned veggie! The teacher was a veggie of course!
#6 Old 10-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Awesome! A lot of our teachers ask us if we're vegetarian. My business teacher asked because it would affect the kind of things we would buy, and one guy who wasn't even veggie raised his hand and said "A lot of people won't buy fur or products tested on animals because they are cruel." Theres four veggie girls (including me) in my math calss and one guy who doesn't eat beef cause its bad for the environment (and he likes to tell other people this stuff as well).
#7 Old 10-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat View Post

thats cool- so did they get you veggie pizza?

Yup. Mushrooms, onions, peppers, and olives. Mmmmm....
#8 Old 10-07-2004, 06:51 PM

Thank god someone knows what they're talking about!

My Uncle asked me the other day if I ate chicken, because he doesn't consider it meat! And my Grandma considers oysters as minerals not animals. ARRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
#9 Old 10-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a friend whose house I go over to occasionally (yes, just one) and I used to stay for dinner pretty much every time I went there. After I went veg, though, I pretty much avoided eating at people's houses. So one day he calls me up and asks if I can come over and then asks, "uh, can you stay for dinner this time? my dad's dying to have an excuse to make a vegan meal."

so I did, and lo and behold, his dad served up a lovely vegan meal. He even did research before he went shopping to look for "hidden ingredients" just to make sure it was all kosher. er... all vegan.
#10 Old 10-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Thats so cool! I wish my friends parents would do that! Was he Jewish?
#11 Old 10-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Veggie Regular

nope, Catholic. he just likes to experiment and felt he needed an excuse to experiment with something the whole family would have to meet.

He's a good guy. He says I'm like his second daughter. There are actually a bunch of photos of me hanging up with all the pictures of his real kids.

Funny story: We all went out to eat once a long time ago and some older dude started picking on/hitting on me. I'm not good at dealing with that so I was all blushing and sputtering and Joey's dad comes up and yells at him and tells him how stupid he is for hitting on a girl in front of her dad. Now Joey's whole family is Sicilian. They're very dark and very tall. I'm small, blonde, and very fair. This guy looked at me, looked at the family, said, "dude, I wouldn't be so sure she's yours." and walked away.
#12 Old 10-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Haha, thats funny. I wouldn't be too sure either. But thats nice that he stood up for you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page