How do veggies vote? - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: What would the Veggie Ballot be?
Bush (US Citizen, 18 and Older) 0 0%
Kerry (US Citizen, 18 and Older) 0 0%
Bush (US Citizen, Under 18) 0 0%
Kerry (US Citizen, Under 18) 0 0%
Bush (Non-US, 18 and Older) 0 0%
Kerry (Non-US, 18 and Older) 0 0%
Bush (Non-US, Under 18) 0 0%
Kerry (Non-US, Under 18) 0 0%
Nader (US Citizen) 0 0%
Nader (Non-US) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Which the US Presidential Election closing in, I wonder a 'veggie ballot' would be.

I want everyone that wants to participate to be able to, so I've made choices for those who are US citizens and those that are of legal voting age.

Single vegetarian for 19 years seeks tasty vegetables to devour. Reply only if interested in being consumed whole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-06-2004, 01:40 PM

I'd like to see a veggie vote. I know a potatoe has eyes, but it's got to be pretty hard to punch the card with no arms. hahahaha
#3 Old 10-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Almost forgot about Nader... though I really appreciate his efforts, I also do feel he helps to lessen the Democratic parties vote weight.

(I'm not necesarily associated with any political party, but openly will never endorse Bush.)

Single vegetarian for 19 years seeks tasty vegetables to devour. Reply only if interested in being consumed whole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Nader will not be on the AZ ballot. I wouldn't vote for him anyway though...
#5 Old 10-06-2004, 01:52 PM
Veggie Regular

i live in the US but not a citizen , so i did the non-us kerry thingie
#6 Old 10-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

M I C see ya next week K E Y why? because we love you M O U S E.

I wish there was a go back and give us some real options box.
#7 Old 10-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Administrator

I bet I know who voted for Bush.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#8 Old 10-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

If any of the other hundred or so polls we've done on this board are any indication, I'd say veggies tend to vote for the Democratic party (Kerry). We do have some Bush supporters, and a lot of people like Nader but few will probably actually vote for him.
#9 Old 10-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Non US and over 18, i'd vote for kerry, since it's the only choice.

I may be forced to vote labour in the next election. Quite unpleasant really, as I think tony blair is a tw*t. However, unless charles kennedy can whip out a can of competence, then Tony it is. I'd rather vote Tony than Tory any day of the week.
#10 Old 10-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitof99 View Post

Almost forgot about Nader... though I really appreciate his efforts, I also do feel he helps to lessen the Democratic parties vote weight.

(I'm not necesarily associated with any political party, but openly will never endorse Bush.)

Nader doesn't do jack to hurt the Democratic Partys ticket, the Democratic Party did the damage.

Proud Nader supporter here! Not afraid to go and call Kerry a wolf in sheeps clothing like he is...
#11 Old 10-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post

Nader doesn't do jack to hurt the Democratic Partys ticket, the Democratic Party did the damage.

Proud Nader supporter here! Not afraid to go and call Kerry a wolf in sheeps clothing like he is...

Relish your pride, but don't take what I'm saying as an attack. I wish there were a lot more than 'two' options, but our current system seems to crush anything outside of Democrat or Republican parties. Hell, I wish we had 5 or 6, maybe more to choose from without worrying that voting for non-Democratic and non-Republican parties would be a 'waste of time'.

Note the quotes, they are used to ephesize what I believe holds people to the bipartisan mindframe.

My suggestion above was that IF Nader wasn't running, the Democrats would have more votes behind them going on the assumption that they would lean more toward voting Democratic. It's not saying that Nader is actually Darth Nader out to destroy the world by stealing votes...

#12 Old 10-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Veggie Regular

well, i'm over 18, US citizen and i won't be voting for either bush, kerry or nader. but i will be voting.

so, other?
#13 Old 10-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Kerry, Non-US under 18... AKA my vote means nothing...
#14 Old 10-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I take this information into account when I decide how to vote.

www.humaneusa.org

and

http://action.fund.org/action/scorecard.asp

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#15 Old 10-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in the US, am 18 or older, and will be voting for Kerry without a doubt.

EDIT: I'm rather surprised to see Bush supporters here. Bush is THE anti-environmentalist.
#16 Old 10-06-2004, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm confused. You don't have to be an environmentalist to be a vegetarian.
#17 Old 10-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Veggie Regular

You didn't include the Libertarian guy (name begins with a B but I forget it at the moment). He's on the ballot in my state.
#18 Old 10-06-2004, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

kerry all the way.

the way my bf put it:

"when your house is on fire, you have to put the fire out first before you start to rebuild it."

"I remember the days when we talked for hours/And we were young, we thought we had superpowers/We weren't our problems, our age or our paychecks/And we weren't taking anybody's $h*t."
#19 Old 10-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Veggie Regular

David Cobb/Pat La March, Green Party, on the non-swing state of CA ballot

18+, US citizen, no vote-swap with a swing state undecided. Kerry if I were stuck in a swing state.

Keep on freepin' on

#20 Old 10-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Heart Beet

i voted for Kerry. sadly. Kerry is evil. Bush is evil-er. Nader is the man but he needs to sit this one out. Kerry is the lesser evil and i WILL NOT live another 4 years under the Madness of King George. Sadly, it doesn't matter much anyway as Kerry and Bush are both Skull and Bonesmen and either way they are running the show. but then, i'm paranoid...
#21 Old 10-06-2004, 07:07 PM

Wait! There's no "None of the Above!" I always vote for him.

The Rev
#22 Old 10-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah I'd probably vote "other"...
#23 Old 10-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

I'm confused. You don't have to be an environmentalist to be a vegetarian.

But, in general, veggie people are more educated on the envoronment and our destructive behaviors toward it. Veggie people generally have more compassion toward animals. Wildlife are greatly effected (poisoned, forced out of their natural habitats, etc.) by our pollution and our lack of respect for their homes in which their kind has lived for thousands of years.

I suppose all of these factors are played out if a person is veggie strictly for 'health' reasons. And people that are horribly uneducated.
#24 Old 10-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm one of those people who is very disenchanted with the US political process. Special interest groups with deep pockets purchase the elections in this country and then choose the agenda for a condidate's term of office.

That being said, I'm voting for Kerry. I don't even like Kerry; I think the democrats could have chosen someone who was a lot smarter and a lot more charasmatic. But there is no way I would ever vote for Bush, and I believe that it is important enough to get him out of office that I won't be voting for Nader or the Libertarian candidate this time around (I have voted Libertarian more than once in the past).

It doesn't even really matter if I vote or not, since I live in Idaho, and Bush is sure to win this state handily. But I'm going to vote anyway, if for no other reason than to express my horror at what George W. has done to this country in less than four years.
#25 Old 10-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar26 View Post

I live in the US, am 18 or older, and will be voting for Kerry without a doubt.

EDIT: I'm rather surprised to see Bush supporters here. Bush is THE anti-environmentalist.

.....people who vote for a President based on one sole issue, shouldn't vote IMO. I'm not necessarily directing my post at you.
#26 Old 10-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSSHF View Post

But I'm going to vote anyway, if for no other reason than to express my horror at what George W. has done to this country in less than four years.

Good for you. It is important to vote, even if that vote "won't count". It not only gets your opinion out there, but I always wonder what the results would look like if everyone who thought their vote "wouldn't count" voted.
#27 Old 10-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post

.....people who vote for a President based on one sole issue, shouldn't vote IMO. I'm not necessarily directing my post at you.

I think people should vote on whatever they want to. For someone, that may be a single issue that is VITAL from their point of view. For me, it is a balance of many issues.

What bothers me is when someone tells me that I SHOULD vote based on a single issue. "If you vote for X, your are saying Y is Good/Bad". Now that drives me nuts.

Oh yeah, I'm voting Kerry
#28 Old 10-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Bush is not my ideal candidate, but Kerry offers nothing but tough guy posturing and empty promises (France and Germany said No, why are you making the claim you can enlarge the coalition? tell me what country you can realistically bring in that will make a difference?). I live in Ohio so my vote will actually count, unlike many in the above poll.

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#29 Old 10-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by otomik View Post

Bush is not my ideal candidate, but Kerry offers nothing but tough guy posturing and empty promises (France and Germany said No, why are you making the claim you can enlarge the coalition? tell me what country you can realistically bring in that will make a difference?). I live in Ohio so my vote will actually count, unlike many in the above poll.

I get what you are saying about the empty promises, but don't see how Bush is anymore realistic. I think the important thing is Kerry would try to build a coalition. So he says he definitely can. That is what he has to say in the politicing game. Who would vote for a candidate who said, "well, I'd like to do all this good stuff...but it wouldn't help. Nothing can make the situation better." You know what I mean?

Unfortunately, the game doesn't allow candidates to be candid. Look at Howard Dean. Every time he expressed some real emotions, people said he was unpresidential and unelectable. I wish there was another viable candidate too. But to say Kerry is evil....that needs some explaination I think.

The truth is saying Bush is evil is kind of a stretch...if he was ****ing up our country intentionally, like sitting on his little ranch, rubbing his hands together and laughing maniacally. But the scarier thing is, Bush actually believes he is doing the right things. That just makes him stupid and wrong.

I live in the land of nowhere, South Dakota and I think we only get a half of an electoral vote (J/K I know we have three. One for each glorious Democratic senator/rep). I will be voting for Kerry.
#30 Old 10-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Beginner

As for everyone who thinks the two party system sucks, but its better than voting for Dubya...

It's too late to change the way we vote for this election (obviously), but let's help with the campaign for run-off elections that McCain wants. That way we could vote for Nader, or whoever, and not be giving a vote to people like the big W. Run-off elections is the only viable plan I have seen for destroying the two-party monopoly. But you hardly ever hear about it. Kind of strange that the first place I heard of from was a member of the two-party (McCain). Who wishes McCain was running instead of Bush?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page