• 1 Post By VeggieSince88
  • 2 Post By LedBoots
  • 2 Post By VeggieSince88
  • 1 Post By Purp
  • 1 Post By LedBoots

#1 Old 02-29-2016, 12:59 PM
Longtime vegetarian

Arby's offering vegetarian choices!

I'm watching the local (Los Angeles) news right now, and they just said that Arby's is now offering vegetarian choices! ARBY'S? Seriously? Oh my goodness... Will miracles never cease?!
Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-29-2016, 03:35 PM
Semi-lurker

Vegan french dip pleaseeeeee!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Videos, recipes, tips, and techniques.

#3 Old 02-29-2016, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

You mean there letter to vegetarians wasn't enough?
Blech, blurgh, yuck

http://arbys.com/vegetariansupport
veggie man and skinnieminnie like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-29-2016, 04:52 PM

I don't know if what you heard is this but if so it is just a joke kind of. On Leap Day they were offering their regular sandwiches simply without the meat, for full price.
I think though that I would never support Arby's even if they did have real vegetarian options, unless they really changed their ways. They have done one too many things to totally make fun of vegetarians.
VeggieSince88, silva, Purp and 2 others like this.

Last edited by depressedgirl; 02-29-2016 at 04:56 PM.
#5 Old 02-29-2016, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Seriously, after being totally revolting, and outright nasty, what does Arbys think they could offer vegetarians ?
VeggieSince88, Purp and Vegan Dave like this.
#6 Old 02-29-2016, 05:48 PM
Longtime vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by depressedgirl View Post
I don't know if what you heard is this but if so it is just a joke kind of. On Leap Day they were offering their regular sandwiches simply without the meat, for full price.
This could very well be what it was. I've had an ear infection and it's hard to hear, so it's very possible I missed that part. I was wondering why Arby's...of ALL places...with their nastiness to vegetarians, would suddenly see the light!

Quote:
I think though that I would never support Arby's even if they did have real vegetarian options, unless they really changed their ways. They have done one too many things to totally make fun of vegetarians.
Same here.
Purp likes this.
#7 Old 02-29-2016, 07:33 PM
No flesh since 99'

I think Arby's burned their bridges with a lot of veggies with their whole "vegetarian support hotline" (which wasn't even that long ago). Even if they are genuinely trying to offer vegetarian options now, I think they will find it doesn't drum up as much excitement and new business as their fast food competition has because their competition never came out with a massive ad campaign to mock and degrade vegetarians/vegans. Everywhere else that's getting a lot of new business and support from the veg community simply never offered veg options before, they never made fun of us.

"The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself"
#8 Old 02-29-2016, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Guys, this is just another jab at vegetarians. Too bad, but no love lost there.
#9 Old 03-01-2016, 06:22 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

#10 Old 03-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Seriously, after being totally revolting, and outright nasty, what does Arbys think they could offer vegetarians ?
"Food" that will never taste as good as veg*an food?

http://time.com/money/4237730/arbys-...menu-leap-day/
VeggieSince88 and Vegan Dave like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#11 Old 03-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Longtime vegetarian

You know, when I first heard the story on the news--and, as I've noted, I had an ear infection and was having trouble hearing, so I obviously missed the part about it being some kind of [stupid] joke--I was thrilled that Arby's, a downright NASTY entity as far as vegans/vegetarians are concerned, had decided to cater to us, too. Now that I know it really was just a [stupid] joke, it's making me angry. It was infuriating enough, some time back, when I read their "open letter to vegetarians" (or whatever the hell it was called), but this? It's making me want to DO SOMETHING, like publicly shame them...somehow... (I'm not a violent person, so nothing of that sort would work.) I just feel like something should be said or done to call them out on their nastiness and stupidity. While other restaurants are adding veggie options left and right, they pull a stupid prank like this? Ugh.
Purp likes this.
#12 Old 03-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieSince88 View Post
You know, when I first heard the story on the news--and, as I've noted, I had an ear infection and was having trouble hearing, so I obviously missed the part about it being some kind of [stupid] joke--I was thrilled that Arby's, a downright NASTY entity as far as vegans/vegetarians are concerned, had decided to cater to us, too. Now that I know it really was just a [stupid] joke, it's making me angry. It was infuriating enough, some time back, when I read their "open letter to vegetarians" (or whatever the hell it was called), but this? It's making me want to DO SOMETHING, like publicly shame them...somehow... (I'm not a violent person, so nothing of that sort would work.) I just feel like something should be said or done to call them out on their nastiness and stupidity. While other restaurants are adding veggie options left and right, they pull a stupid prank like this? Ugh.
Stand outside with a tablet or laptop and show slaughterhouse videos. That'll learn them.
VeggieSince88 likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#13 Old 03-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Longtime vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Stand outside with a tablet or laptop and show slaughterhouse videos. That'll learn them.
You're on the right track. I've been thinking, THEY obviously think their callous disregard for animal suffering is funny, but *I* don't. There's nothing funny about the cruelty sentient beings are subjected to in the meat industry, and for a giant corporation to make light of it really upsets me. I'd like to do the "show slaughterhouse videos" thing but on a GRAND SCALE...somehow. Ideas, anyone?
Purp likes this.
#14 Old 03-06-2016, 03:03 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

This was a good response to Arby's. I'm just posting excerpts, but recommend reading the whole thing.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/thank...b_7772676.html

"...I dare you, Arby's, to eat your beloved meat while watching an undercover video that reveals where it comes from. Better yet, blast these videos on big screens inside your restaurants and see how your customers react. There is simply nothing more unappetizing.

You may have chosen to target vegetarians in your latest advertising stunt because you're scared of us and our growing power as consumers. I don't blame you. The number of vegetarians and vegans in America is skyrocketing while meat consumption has dropped significantly over the past several years. Nasdaq.com recently warned investors of the impending "death of meat." The Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee--a panel of our country's foremost nutrition experts--recommends Americans cut back on animal products or cut them out completely, as does the United Nations.

The fast-food restaurants embracing this trend are flourishing. Those rejecting it are getting butchered in a market increasingly driven by eco-, ethics-, and health-conscious consumers.

So, Arby's, it's time to seek help. Meat is dead and dying, and your business will someday follow suit if you don't change your ways. Order a free Vegetarian Starter Guide and then give us a call. Be strong. We're here for you."
VeggieSince88 and Purp like this.
#15 Old 03-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Longtime vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
This was a good response to Arby's. I'm just posting excerpts, but recommend reading the whole thing.

"...I dare you, Arby's, to eat your beloved meat while watching an undercover video that reveals where it comes from. Better yet, blast these videos on big screens inside your restaurants and see how your customers react. There is simply nothing more unappetizing.

You may have chosen to target vegetarians in your latest advertising stunt because you're scared of us and our growing power as consumers. I don't blame you. The number of vegetarians and vegans in America is skyrocketing while meat consumption has dropped significantly over the past several years. Nasdaq.com recently warned investors of the impending "death of meat." The Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee--a panel of our country's foremost nutrition experts--recommends Americans cut back on animal products or cut them out completely, as does the United Nations.

The fast-food restaurants embracing this trend are flourishing. Those rejecting it are getting butchered in a market increasingly driven by eco-, ethics-, and health-conscious consumers.

So, Arby's, it's time to seek help. Meat is dead and dying, and your business will someday follow suit if you don't change your ways. Order a free Vegetarian Starter Guide and then give us a call. Be strong. We're here for you."
Thanks. I'm reading the article now. Looks good!
Purp and LedBoots like this.
#16 Old 03-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Wink

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieSince88 View Post
Thanks. I'm reading the article now. Looks good!
Read the article. I've never seen any scary veg*ans. Does anyone know where they are?
LedBoots likes this.

#17 Old 03-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Read the article. I've never seen any scary veg*ans. Does anyone know where they are?
BOO!
Purp likes this.
#18 Old 03-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
BOO!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page