5Likes
  • 1 Post By veg1973
  • 1 Post By cherries
  • 2 Post By theCaityCat
  • 1 Post By Sarah Hopper

#1 Old 02-21-2016, 12:46 PM
new vegetarian

veggie friends?

I live in a very small town, here vegetarianism or veganism is not so common, even if markets are now beggining to sell vegetal products, like vegan cheese, something you could never imagine of like five or six months ago.
It's not even my point, all I wanted to say today, is that I haven't any vegetarian/vegan friend, and I feel a bit lost (if I can say so), cool when I get to see all the organised meet up with a bunch of people, or veganism "support time" in college, knowing that maybe that is something I can just dream of, don't know if I made it 100% clear, but that's how I'm feeling in these lately days, anyone in the same situation?
Have a good day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-21-2016, 01:45 PM

You are not alone. Isn't it great that we live in an age where we can have daily contact with online veg*n friends? It isn't the same as face to face friends, of course, but it is still support and cameraderie that I could only imagine when I was a teen in the late '70s and early '80s.
#3 Old 02-21-2016, 03:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannie View Post
I live in a very small town, here vegetarianism or veganism is not so common, even if markets are now beggining to sell vegetal products, like vegan cheese, something you could never imagine of like five or six months ago.
It's not even my point, all I wanted to say today, is that I haven't any vegetarian/vegan friend, and I feel a bit lost (if I can say so), cool when I get to see all the organised meet up with a bunch of people, or veganism "support time" in college, knowing that maybe that is something I can just dream of, don't know if I made it 100% clear, but that's how I'm feeling in these lately days, anyone in the same situation?
Have a good day
I know exactly how you feel. In my small town meat is everywhere, but it is starting to slowly change.I'm starting to see more meat, and cheese alternatives. I met one vegan in real life.
frannie likes this.

It takes two to speak the truth: one to speak, and another to hear.
—Henry David Thoreau
My site
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by cherries; 02-21-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-21-2016, 04:53 PM

All my contact with veg*n people is online, except for one friend down in Portland. Luckily, there are some big grocery stores in town, and there is a farmers' market that is opening again in April!

Also lucky for me, I am an introvert. The internet is a wonderful place for us.
frannie and plnteater like this.
#5 Old 02-22-2016, 12:13 AM

If you are wanting to meet people try meetup.com!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
David3 likes this.
#6 Old 02-23-2016, 07:16 AM
new vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCaityCat View Post
All my contact with veg*n people is online, except for one friend down in Portland. Luckily, there are some big grocery stores in town, and there is a farmers' market that is opening again in April!

Also lucky for me, I am an introvert. The internet is a wonderful place for us.
Oh i wish i had some online veg friends but i actually don't haha
#7 Old 02-23-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannie View Post
Oh i wish i had some online veg friends but i actually don't haha
Well, you do now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page