Made my first home made bean patty/burgers! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By highlyoriginal
  • 1 Post By silva

#1 Old 01-21-2016, 11:04 PM

Made my first home made bean patty/burgers!

I looked at some recipes and went and did my own thing - turns out the pan (plastic) ( was using to place the patty's on has a 'dipping' center piece (guess its for game night) - threw some flour in there, and they make perfectly shaped burgers.
I loved being bable to add my own ingredients the sky is the limit - I even went with vegan cheese!
While shopping I got some tofu which I never had before and isn't bad at all - along with some (forget the name) but its beans mashed together, almost feels like beef jerky on the outside but that plus the tofu was my breakfast the other day - and the eggs I got I spent a lot of money on (unfortunately) but they were vegetarian fed so I was happy with that.

Anyway all around good time making my own patty's - no more $3.99 for 4 veggy burgers! $8 get you a few weeks supply easily.
LedBoots and David3 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Longtime vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlyoriginal View Post
I looked at some recipes and went and did my own thing
Anyway all around good time making my own patty's - no more $3.99 for 4 veggy burgers! $8 get you a few weeks supply easily.
Sounds good! So what did you use to make the patties?
#3 Old 01-26-2016, 11:44 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieSince88 View Post
Try one of these! An infinite variety of vegan burgers!
http://www.nomeatathlete.com/veggie-burger-recipe/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-27-2016, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Try one of these! An infinite variety of vegan burgers!
http://www.nomeatathlete.com/veggie-burger-recipe/
That's about what I do with the okara from soy milk. If you have a soy milk maker you get about a cup of okara with each batch.
1 cup okara or cooked grain
1 cup beans
1 cup oats or combo of dry till all comes together
minced veggies
lots of spices

I let set in fridge for hour or overnight for everything to hold together as patties better
LedBoots likes this.
#5 Old 01-27-2016, 04:05 AM

Thanks for sharing the veggie burger recipe. My children really like it.
#6 Old 01-27-2016, 05:59 AM

Delicious recipe By Mikkel Magnuson
Risotto with mushrooms - 4 servings
http://vegansidan.se/blogg-och-recept/

Vegan Sida
Mikkel Magnuson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#7 Old 07-10-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieSince88 View Post
Sorry I never replied I ended up going AWOL from the site - but here's an update:
/
I still make the patties - usually using chick peas, and a variety of beans - I switch it up (kidney/black bean etc). I've tried corn/broccoli florets as well. I've even tried some new things in the veggy aisle at the store which wasn't too good - but I always mix in veggys like peppers/jalapeno/onion.

I've found using mixer/blender for beans (3/4 of them) is about right - then throw the rest in and mush them just a little, otherwise it's just a paste and never becomes a 'burger' like texture.

Admitingly I have made a 4-5 day worth supply before and eaten it for dinner, stayed up and ate almost the whole 4-5 days worth, but it's a kind of great difference from any past times (I never had really binged on food in my life - and this just makes me happy sometimes when I'm impressed with the changes I've made, and the ability to create a good product that is healthy for me).

I throw in egg whites as well, forgot about that - chia seeds as well here and there - and of course lots of different spice (usually cayenne pepper is my favorite to add).
#8 Old 07-15-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlyoriginal View Post
I looked at some recipes and went and did my own thing - turns out the pan (plastic) ( was using to place the patty's on has a 'dipping' center piece (guess its for game night) - threw some flour in there, and they make perfectly shaped burgers.
I loved being bable to add my own ingredients the sky is the limit - I even went with vegan cheese!
While shopping I got some tofu which I never had before and isn't bad at all - along with some (forget the name) but its beans mashed together, almost feels like beef jerky on the outside but that plus the tofu was my breakfast the other day - and the eggs I got I spent a lot of money on (unfortunately) but they were vegetarian fed so I was happy with that.

I applaud you. I dislike cooking and I usually just get Smashburger or Vertigo bean burger when I'm on the run or cook a Boca bean burger if I have to. Maybe ONE DAY I will catch the from scratch bug but it hasn't happened yet. I love reading about your savings, however.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page