16Likes

#31 Old 12-25-2015, 02:20 PM
Banned

^^ ^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 12-26-2015, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

Those quotes you posted are ridiculous. That stuff about dairy doesn't make any sense at all.
#33 Old 12-26-2015, 07:45 AM
Banned

I'm crying and in tears over the fact I ate meat yesterday. I NEVER want to eat animals again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 12-26-2015, 08:35 AM
Banned

My dad has every right to eat meat like I have the right not to.
#35 Old 12-26-2015, 04:51 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

What if you wanted to announce to your Dad that your political, religious, sexual orientation might conflict with his opinions?

I don't know how old you are, but at some point the following must happen:

-- You make your own decisions, and he either accepts or rejects them.

If he truly loves you, he will support you, no matter the decision. However, some people can't accept different views, so you might have to explain it to him.

Keep an open mind, and explain WHY you feel the way you do.

The bottom line is that you have to live your own life. Living your life through the filter of others, no matter who they are, will always end in disappointment.

Good Luck & Godspeed!!!!

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#36 Old 12-26-2015, 06:46 PM
Happy vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquinn View Post
How do I get out of people offering me meat? :/
Easy. You tell them. And you have to tell your dad if you don't want him offering you meat. You are an adult, do it yourself instead of hiding behind your mom. It's just food, he shouldn't get upset about it especially since you are old enough to make your own choices. If he reacts badly, show him creditable articles that explain you're fine. There are plenty of other foods that offer protein and any other nutrients found in meat. This is what you do as an adult, you communicate with others about your personal lifestyle so that you don't have to keep sacrificing your values. If you don't want to eat animals again, say something to people. That's it.
#37 Old 12-26-2015, 07:25 PM
No flesh since 99'

My father (along with most of the rest of my family) for the past 17 YEARS (next month) have all made merciless fun of me for being a vegetarian/vegan. Just yesterday he told my husband (on speaker phone) he didn't know why he put up with me cooking something that 'probably' tastes like a "boiled eraser" for dinner and that he should make me cook him a "real meal with meat". Him and his side of the family have been rudely and aggressively pressuring me to eat flesh from the moment I decided never to touch it again. I was very polite for many years with them and when that failed to work, now I just tell them where to shove it. But at NO point since I made up my mind to not eat meat have I EVER willingly put it in my mouth again no matter who offered me what meat-containing dish.

Point is, if you don't want to eat meat, you can tell your dad like a big boy/girl that you have made a decision to go vegetarian and would appreciate him not offering you meat dishes anymore. If he doesn't listen then politely refuse when he offers. If he still pressures you, get defensive and tell him in no uncertain terms "no, I am an adult and this is MY decision". If you really want to stop doing something, you will. You don't seem to feel strongly enough to stop though. Still not sure if your a troll or you want to be a veggie to be "cool".
#38 Old 12-27-2015, 03:37 AM
Banned

True. I will give it a month and tell him.
#39 Old 12-29-2015, 09:32 AM
Banned

My dad.

My dad now accepts I'm vegetarian - why did it take him so long to accept this? I'm not sure why but it did take him a while… any ideas. Thanks.
#40 Old 12-29-2015, 10:03 AM
No flesh since 99'

A long time?! You have only been trying to go vegetarian for a few weeks at most! My dad STILL hasn't accepted me being a vegetarian (now vegan, though I don't think he understands the difference) and probably still holds out hope I'll go back to being "a normal person who eats meat" someday. It will be 17 YEARS in January since I stopped eating flesh. You have nothing to be concerned about with your dad. Nice he actually accepts it so soon.
TailFin likes this.
#41 Old 12-29-2015, 10:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird08 View Post
A long time?! You have only been trying to go vegetarian for a few weeks at most! My dad STILL hasn't accepted me being a vegetarian (now vegan, though I don't think he understands the difference) and probably still holds out hope I'll go back to being "a normal person who eats meat" someday. It will be 17 YEARS in January since I stopped eating flesh. You have nothing to be concerned about with your dad. Nice he actually accepts it so soon.
The thought of eating an animal makes me cry. It does... How does Neil Robertson manage with being vegan? I look up to him in this sense.

Last edited by Liquinn; 12-29-2015 at 10:07 AM.
#42 Old 12-29-2015, 11:00 AM
Happy vegan

I think it also took "a while" because you didn't tell him for awhile. Either way it doesn't matter how long it took, what matters now is that you stick with it.
#43 Old 12-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Tofu View Post
I think it also took "a while" because you didn't tell him for awhile. Either way it doesn't matter how long it took, what matters now is that you stick with it.
True... do most vegetarians ever "go back" to eating meat? I think it would be harder to give up coca cola and milk than meat. But it depends on the person.
#44 Old 12-29-2015, 11:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
My dad now accepts I'm vegetarian - why did it take him so long to accept this? I'm not sure why but it did take him a while… any ideas. Thanks.
It took him a very short time to accept this, your dad sounds great!
#45 Old 12-29-2015, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
It took him a very short time to accept this, your dad sounds great!
I guess so. It didn't take him that long. I have to accept his meat eating, too, right?
#46 Old 12-29-2015, 11:20 AM
Banned

"He doesn't refer to himself as a vegan, but only eats vegan food."

What does this mean?
#47 Old 12-29-2015, 11:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I guess so. It didn't take him that long. I have to accept his meat eating, too, right?
I think you should accept Neil Robertson, you look up to him.
#48 Old 12-29-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
When i first turned vegan, my parents took more than a year to accept (or remember) than i am vegan.

At first they cooked meals forgetting than i am not going to consume some of the stuff made.

But always awhile, it became second nature.

Family are family, no matter what happens, they will always accept you.

Proudly Asian Vegan for 10 Years

Visit Our Family Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for 100% Vegan Bags.

We handcraft bags ranging from backpacks to briefcases for all men and women.
We ship worldwide too.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#49 Old 12-29-2015, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyobags View Post
When i first turned vegan, my parents took more than a year to accept (or remember) than i am vegan.

At first they cooked meals forgetting than i am not going to consume some of the stuff made.

But always awhile, it became second nature.

Family are family, no matter what happens, they will always accept you.
I'm not missing the meat that much - what could I have instead of the meat for a roast dinner? And true. I know what you mean. Would a girl accept me being vegetarian like my dad has?
#50 Old 12-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
I think you should accept Neil Robertson, you look up to him.
He's amazing. I do look up to him. *accepts neil robertson*

Last edited by Liquinn; 12-29-2015 at 11:58 AM.
#51 Old 01-27-2016, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Merged threads.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page