R.I.P. Tech Butter - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Beginner

Hi everyone. Last night my baby kitten died on my birthday.

I found her in my front yard with ants surrounding her, crying. Apparently her mother had abandoned her, but I wasn't sure if she was just moving her babies and hadn't come back for her, so I put her on an old t-shirt and just checked on her sporadically to make sure she was okay. Well, the mother never came back for her and the mosquitos were horrible outside (I live in southern Georgia) so I adopted her. Her eyes were still closed and her umbilical (sp?) cord was still attached.

We used to raise baby rabbits, so we had bottles small enough to feed her and everything. She did good the first night waking up every two hours or so to be fed, but Tuesday night she only woke up a few times and then yesterday she was so weak she couldn't even cry. She drank a little bit, but she was just too small. My mom and I cried so hard, but at least now she's with my dad and in a much happier place. "Butter" was her name.

Just wanted to get all this off my chest, thanks for listening (or reading, rather) guys!

My b/f just sent me some "feel better" red and white flowers with the *the* most sweet note I have ever read!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Veggie Regular

oh that's sad. At least she died surrounded by people that loved her and not alone
#3 Old 08-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

big time for you! I'm so sorry about your loss. The same thing happended to me a few years back, his name was Simba. Sometimes when they're that young, there is just nothing you can do for them. Butter's in a better place now.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry, that's a very sad story.
#5 Old 08-12-2004, 12:56 PM

I cried reading that! I recently lost a cat too so I know how that goes. Losing mine was like losing a child because I had him for 10 years. It was really hard on me because I had just had a baby a few weeks earlier and was already a mess. I think my cat was so heartbroken because I couldn't give him all of my attention anymore...that he just died.
#6 Old 08-12-2004, 01:00 PM

#7 Old 08-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Beginner

You guys are always so nice and understanding! I'm so, so glad I found these boards! Thank you lots.
#8 Old 08-12-2004, 02:14 PM

yeah, that happened last year with a little baby blue jay i found in the road and named 'eep.' i had to shove a tube down his throat to feed him, and was so sad when he died after a week
#9 Old 08-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Veggie Regular

That's horrible! I lost 2 pets last year, and I know just how awful it can be!

Here's more

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#10 Old 08-13-2004, 01:56 PM

good news, though. my sisters just adopted a cat, his name was nemo because he was found in a storm gutter, and he is soooo cute! just thought i would add something happy to the thread...
#11 Old 08-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiedog View Post

oh that's sad. At least she died surrounded by people that loved her and not alone

I agree. Good for you for giving her love and care when she would have otherwise been left alone and crying. I'm so sorry to hear she didn't make it.
#12 Old 08-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Beginner

: (

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page