• 3 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By PilotInCommand
  • 1 Post By frannie
  • 3 Post By veggiestez
  • 1 Post By Loki Laufeyson

#1 Old 10-05-2015, 05:15 AM
new vegetarian

vegetarians bad dreams

Tonight i had this strange dream where i basically ate ham. I've never been so disturbed by something like this until now, and I've so warmly hoped I could go back in time.
Yesterday marked two months since I switched vegetarian (which is ridiculous i know) and in spite of everything I'm happy having dreams like those, it means becoming vegetarian was one of the best decision of my life.
So i wanna ask you, have you ever had dreams such those or anyway linked on being a veggie?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-05-2015, 08:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes bacon and mayo toasted sandwich...and the next day I fixed myself a veggie pizza with vegan mozarella and was happy! I probably was craving salty and oily. Or maybe it's the memories of sharing this sandwich with my dad on Sunday mornings that reached to me. 2 months is not long enough to really integrate fully your new lifestyle, you are still in the adaptation, it's stressful! Dreams about an easier time are normal, you'll find your new comfort food an good memories don't worry.

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

#3 Old 10-05-2015, 08:46 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Yes, it is not uncommon to have meat dreams. People who quit smoking have dreams about that, too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
frannie likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-05-2015, 10:51 AM

I also haven't been a vegetarian for too long, just 4 months and sometimes I have dreams where I eat meat not because I want to eat meat particularly, but accidentally. I guess I'm kind of scared that I might eat meat by accident, just by not paying attention or forgetting that I'm actually vegetarian (like it happens in those dreams). In real life, though, it's impossible and rather silly to forget that i'm vegetarian. I always check the stuff I eat and never order anything without thinking what it contains.
My guess is that it's only been 4 months and in time hopefully they will go away.
LedBoots, Marjoram and frannie like this.
#5 Old 10-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Longtime vegetarian

Right at this moment, I cannot recall having any dreams involving eating meat. But my memory's not what it once was! So who knows.

You're only two months into this, which is not very long at all. So just understand that you have to give things time. A year or two from now, I seriously doubt you'll be having dreams about meat; by then, NOT eating meat will be so normal to you that the thought/worry of eating it won't be creeping into your subconscious any more. Be patient!
frannie likes this.
#6 Old 10-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Captain

I could sympathise. I had these strange dreams as well, eating chicken, pork or beef at MY own will. On the other hand, I would wake up completely relieved.
LedBoots, Chou and frannie like this.
#7 Old 10-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, I worked at a fast food restaurant last year and I dreamed that I ate all the egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches.
frannie likes this.
#8 Old 10-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

I still have dreams when I'm really stressed out that I smoke! I haven't had a cigerette in over 15 years! I wake up sooooo scared! It was very hard for me to quit, far more than meat or even cheese!
I have had dreams of eating meat, but it was always like I'd be told after the fact. Very panicky. I hate those kinds of dreams
Gita, LedBoots and frannie like this.
#9 Old 10-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotInCommand View Post
I could sympathise. I had these strange dreams as well, eating chicken, pork or beef at MY own will. On the other hand, I would wake up completely relieved.
This is what I had, too. Like in my dream, I would eat meat, forgetting I was vegetarian, and wake up like AAAH! Oh whew only a dream. I had maybe a dozen of these types of dreams spread over a few months when I first went vegetarian.
#10 Old 10-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Captain

I still get them to this day, even when I have been a vegetarian for 6 years. Best decision I've made in my life. I don't have intentions on going back nor do I desire to. All kinds of meat is disgusting in my opinion. The thought of putting a piece of meat in my mouth literally makes me sick. It's unnecessary for an animal to suffer just for one meal. If you stick human and animal meat in the barbeque, it would lead in the same amount of disgust.

It's better than waking up to a reality which is the other way around I really want to go vegan again but my health isn't that great and I need more direct B12 protein.

I deserve a badge for not cheating at all any time I pledged to become veg and neither did I crave meat. My disgust towards meat and love towards animals is too great. XD
frannie likes this.

Last edited by PilotInCommand; 10-05-2015 at 09:42 PM.
#11 Old 10-06-2015, 12:04 PM
new vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
This is what I had, too. Like in my dream, I would eat meat, forgetting I was vegetarian, and wake up like AAAH! Oh whew only a dream. I had maybe a dozen of these types of dreams spread over a few months when I first went vegetarian.
YES! thats exactly what i was talking about, forgetting being a veggie and then realise all of a sudden, horrible haha.
LedBoots likes this.
#12 Old 10-06-2015, 12:19 PM

Once I had a dream where a shark was attacking me and said "This is revenge for all your fish and chips"!
#13 Old 10-10-2015, 07:19 PM
Witch of the South

Send a message via Skype™ to Loki Laufeyson
Quote:
Originally Posted by frannie View Post
Tonight i had this strange dream where i basically ate ham. I've never been so disturbed by something like this until now, and I've so warmly hoped I could go back in time.
Yesterday marked two months since I switched vegetarian (which is ridiculous i know) and in spite of everything I'm happy having dreams like those, it means becoming vegetarian was one of the best decision of my life.
So i wanna ask you, have you ever had dreams such those or anyway linked on being a veggie?
The first marked two months for me!!

Yeah, I had a bunch of meat-eating dreams at first. Chicken mainly. It kind of freaked me out at first, then it gradually changed to my dreams offering me meat, but reminding myself I am vegetarian.

Now I do not get them at all.
frannie likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page