Ready to attach my survey - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-01-2004, 02:17 PM

I don't know if many of you remember but three weeks ago I posted a thread about a vegetarian study that I was conducting for my Sociology class, which I was thinking about posting it online. Here is the link to it just to refresh your memory: My original thread

Well I still needed permission from the prof..and had to take care of a few things before I could post it but now I am ready to attach it but the problem is that I don't know how. Can someone please tell me how to attach my survey?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Veggie Regular

what sort of file is your survey written up in? If its just text then you could just copy and paste... if you have graphs or like some excel files too then I would suggest converting it to html and nabbing some webspace for it, then you could post a weblink for us to check it out... but without more info on what type of file you want to post its hard to advise you. It doesnt look like this forum supports posting files for download unless that feature is available elsewhere... but I haven't seen it.
#3 Old 08-01-2004, 05:28 PM

Thanks for your suggestions. It's a Microsoft Word document. So yeah, I could copy and paste but it's about 3 pages in length (although it wouldn't take more than 10-15 mins to complete). So I'm not sure how to do this - I think I'll ask Micheal what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-01-2004, 08:12 PM

If you can make it into a .zip file, then you can attach it to a message right here in this thread (choose "post reply", then "manage attachments")

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#5 Old 08-02-2004, 12:47 AM

Okay, here is the survey everyone. First you will have to open the attachment and then save it to your computer and then send me your answers to [email protected].

What I prefer, however, is that you simply delete all responses but your answer. For example, the first question on the survey asks your gender. Please delete the male option if you are female and vice versa so that it is easier for you in that you will not have to rewrite all your answers and easier for me in that I can ensure that I receive all the surveys, otherwise it will take up excess space on my account. Also, because of the time constraint, I will need to extract a larger sample from VB so if you know other vegetarians that would be willing to fill out the survey then I would be greatful if you forwarded the survey to them as well.

If you have any questions please just send me a private message or post a reply, rather than send an e-mail that way I can easily differentiate between the two. Thank you all for you time, participation, and effort in completing this questionnaire. I appreciate it.

Please view the attachment,

Non-Violence

survey.doc 96k . file
#6 Old 08-02-2004, 12:49 AM

and thank you guys for helping me figure out how to attach the questionnaire.
#7 Old 08-02-2004, 08:26 AM

I am filling out the survey now, but you might want to change your descriptions of the various types of vegetarians. For example, a vegan does not only eat fruits and vegetables, but grains too...
#8 Old 08-02-2004, 08:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Can you explain q 12?
#9 Old 08-02-2004, 12:52 PM

Kokopelli,

the thing is that the definitions for the 4 main types of vegetarians were taken from past studies. Those aren't my definitions and if I include the term grains under Vegan foods then I will have to include it in all the other types as well. It's just assumed that those 4 types all eat grains. I've excluded fruitarians and raw/living foodists or fish eaters or raw meat avoiders, etc. from my list of vegetarians types because it will be too hard to tabulate the results in the end. So they will have to choose one or decide not to take the survey.

Thalia,

Quote:
Can you explain q 12?

I just modified the survey and clarified question 12.
#10 Old 08-04-2004, 10:32 AM

I've extended the survey deadline to Aug. 4 at 3pm Eastern Standard Time. Still have a couple hours.
#11 Old 08-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Baby Love

Are people e-mailing these survey answers to you? I see no one has posted here.
#12 Old 08-04-2004, 11:55 AM

Yes they are.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page