Arbys flat out mocks Vegetarians and launches Vegetarian Support Helpline - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 153Likes

#1 Old 07-08-2015, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Arbys flat out mocks Vegetarians and launches Vegetarian Support Helpline

LINK: http://arbys.com/vegetariansupport

This is a new low.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

AGAIN with the bacon!!

I mean, really, bacon tasted good when I ate it- I admit it... but most of the flavor was due to the seasonings. I have absolutely no clue what plain bacon tastes like. And the texture isn't hard to duplicate either: sorta crunchy/crispy (except for the fatty part, which was gross anyway).

Kidding aside, the Arby's ad mentions hostile letters from vegetarians and purports to be some sort of payback for such. I don't know if there's any substance to that.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#3 Old 07-08-2015, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

It's clear they're threatened by us

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-08-2015, 03:27 PM
Impeach the gangster

Bloody fools.
Tom, Pirate Huntress, Purp and 4 others like this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#5 Old 07-08-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
the Arby's ad mentions hostile letters from vegetarians and purports to be some sort of payback for such. I don't know if there's any substance to that.
HHhhmmmm....I would have guessed that's exactly what they are doing; that is "payback" by mockery and sarcasm.
Purp likes this.
#6 Old 07-08-2015, 05:41 PM
Part-Time Russian

This makes me angry, but however I will calm and meditate on the issue. I wish both Arby's and McDonalds would shut down, however I suppose I shouldn't say such horrible things.
Capstan and Purp like this.

Born in Mississippi, lives in Mississippi, Loves Vegemite
Has no Accent
Vegan
Honors Student

For some reason everyone thinks I'm weird...

Languages: English both Brit and American.
русский
Deutsch
Español
#7 Old 07-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVeggieCat View Post
however I suppose I shouldn't say such horrible things.
What horrible things?
#8 Old 07-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

When I ate meat bacon was something that was either really good, or really gross.
My friend at work got bacon and said it was bad. She was raised on a farm and explained that if the pigs weren't neutered the bacon would be tainted (I forget the words she used for tainted, but it very visual). That just sickened me so much I never touched it again.

There is nothing good about bacon. It is no different than someones limp body mangled in machinery (then hung to age and smoked)
Purp and Jasminedesi16 like this.
#9 Old 07-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope more ads mentioning vegetarianism come out. It promotes the lifestyle, unintentionally.

Yes arby's you "have the meats", which is why you dont get my money.
@rno, Werewolf Girl, Purp and 3 others like this.
#10 Old 07-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

This is a new low.

Insert Oh my god, who the hell cares.gif
Purp likes this.
#11 Old 07-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

"But bacon" was so 2014.
#12 Old 07-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Vegan since 1991

When regular restaurant menus start to use the word "vegan", the Arbys of the world know that the times they are a-changin'.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#13 Old 07-08-2015, 11:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
This makes me angry, but however I will calm and meditate on the issue. I wish both Arby's and McDonalds would shut down, however I suppose I shouldn't say such horrible things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun View Post
What horrible things?
Thinks like "I wish there was a vegetarian chain restaurant that would serve good food and not bacon. Ooops, there is. Never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
When I ate meat bacon was something that was either really good, or really gross.
My friend at work got bacon and said it was bad. She was raised on a farm and explained that if the pigs weren't neutered the bacon would be tainted (I forget the words she used for tainted, but it very visual). That just sickened me so much I never touched it again.

There is nothing good about bacon. It is no different than someones limp body mangled in machinery (then hung to age and smoked)
Thank you. It's not *just me* that wonders about bacon. May I borrow this the next time I see a "Yummy bacon" post on Facebook?
Tom, varun and no whey jose like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#14 Old 07-08-2015, 11:21 PM
Part-Time Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun View Post
What horrible things?
EEEEH well ok not horrible things but mean things rather. I don't want anyone to lose their job but I'm just tired of places like this openly mocking vegetarianism and in turn slaughtering more innocent lives in the process just for their good laugh. I don't want anyone to lose their job, but I'm just.... upset... I don't know.... Y'all don't mind me, I'm going through a lot of emotions down here. My family is still, after one year, extremely unsupportive of my veganism and, well, when I get angry over things like this they call me a horrible person with anger issues.... oh Gods.
Tom and varun like this.

Born in Mississippi, lives in Mississippi, Loves Vegemite
Has no Accent
Vegan
Honors Student

For some reason everyone thinks I'm weird...

Languages: English both Brit and American.
русский
Deutsch
Español
#15 Old 07-08-2015, 11:52 PM
Vegan since 1991

Arby's is not doing well. They adopted a mega-meat advertising focus in 2014, in order to attract younger consumers and boost declining sales: http://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/ar...ing-freshness/ . Arby's vegetarian-mocking is similar to Carl's Jr. marketing, geared towards young men who feel the need impress each other, and to prove that you can't tell them what to do (so there!).

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Last edited by David3; 07-08-2015 at 11:55 PM.
#16 Old 07-09-2015, 02:28 AM
Veggie Regular

This advertisement is about as shallow and ignorant as one can paint themselves.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#17 Old 07-09-2015, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Arby's is just mad because vegetarianism and healthy eating are taking off and nobody wants their gross food anymore. I find it kind of amusing!

#18 Old 07-09-2015, 03:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I don't want anyone to lose their job but I'm just tired of places like this openly mocking vegetarianism and in turn slaughtering more innocent lives in the process just for their good laugh. I don't want anyone to lose their job, but I'm just.... upset... I don't know.... Y'all don't mind me, I'm going through a lot of emotions down here.
I'd already understood what you meant to say, but let me assure you that you don't quite have to worry about people & their jobs, man has been a survivor and he will continue to be a survivor. You can plop man on the moon and he'd be skipping rope there defying gravity like Superman, ok that was a joke. Realistically jobs are lost everyday, even every hour.. life goes on. An evil industry has to go, we simply have to stop the desecration of earth by such industries otherwise there is not going to be a planet to live in tomorrow & that's worse. How wonderful would it be if the millionaire suits sitting high up at Arby's who laugh at what they do, are reduced to threads?

Its good to be sensitive and aware of the atrocities around you, it helps you choose a wise way to live. Sure it is hard on the emotions sometimes, very hard.. I feel that many times but then it becomes a part of you and it becomes easier after you learn to deal with it by doing your bit to help each day. Harness your emotions not to forcefully teach others about veganism, but to convince yourself that what you're doing is correct. You had a meltdown at the diner the other day with your dad & that's because you're sensitive & care for all life without differentiating & that's fantastic, that's not "anger issues", even I've gone berserk here a couple of times. Now what you gotta do is learn to accept facts, family may not understand now but that's ok. Change comes slowly so don't wait for it, be part of creating change until then. Every one of us here are doing the same.
Tom, Pirate Huntress, Purp and 6 others like this.

The earth has enough resources for everyones need but not their greed.

Last edited by varun; 07-09-2015 at 03:15 AM.
#19 Old 07-09-2015, 03:51 AM

Quote:
EEEEH well ok not horrible things but mean things rather. I don't want anyone to lose their job but I'm just tired of places like this openly mocking vegetarianism and in turn slaughtering more innocent lives in the process just for their good laugh. I don't want anyone to lose their job, but I'm just.... upset... I don't know.... Y'all don't mind me, I'm going through a lot of emotions down here. My family is still, after one year, extremely unsupportive of my veganism and, well, when I get angry over things like this they call me a horrible person with anger issues.... oh Gods.
It's better jobs are lost than lives.

Don't stress too much about it, being a kind soul means you'll care for anyone's well-being even if their actions are questionable.
#20 Old 07-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
Arby's is just mad because vegetarianism and healthy eating are taking off and nobody wants their gross food anymore. I find it kind of amusing!

I was going to mention Jon Stewart too. I love how much he rips on Arby's

Purp, LedBoots and no whey jose like this.
#21 Old 07-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

I remember when Arbys had good fries, and good turnovers. They changed the fries for curly fries they always seemed to overcook, and the turnovers weren't good anymore. That was years ago and they're still going downhill
#22 Old 07-09-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
If everyone behaved the way I do, they would shut down. Regretfully, I was raised on fast food but for the last 20 years, I have simply avoided purchasing anything from either establishment. They only keep their doors open because, for reasons I cannot relate to, there is still a demand for their products...most likely due to the "convenience" they offer.
Purp and Naturebound like this.
#23 Old 07-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

This is a new low.
<threatens Arby's by eating food that is, in fact, real food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Bloody fools.
Interesting choice of words.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#24 Old 07-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Keep Calm and Drink Tea

To paraphrase Lady Gertrude "The fast food chain protests too much, methinks."
Purp, LedBoots, veggie man and 1 others like this.
#25 Old 07-15-2015, 08:49 AM

Arby's would be the LAST place that i gave into a temptation to eat meat. at least they tried though?
Purp likes this.
#26 Old 07-15-2015, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

I sent them an e-mail asking them which minority group they're going to target next, but I haven't heard back.

#27 Old 07-15-2015, 01:44 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
I sent them an e-mail asking them which minority group they're going to target next, but I haven't heard back.
Excellent idea!
Purp and veggie man like this.
#28 Old 07-15-2015, 05:10 PM
Keep Calm and Drink Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
That's a really good point. Can you imagine the public reaction if they aimed this at those that abstain from pork or beef for faith based reasons?
#29 Old 07-15-2015, 05:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I might feel a little more conflicted if they had anything on the menu to *actually* tempt me to go there. But, they do not, and everywhere that I can think of that has an Arby's also has a more veggie friendly option, like Panera, Subway, Taco Bell or even Wendy's. I'm perfectly happy to continue ignoring Arby's.
Purp likes this.
#30 Old 07-15-2015, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerveggie View Post
I might feel a little more conflicted if they had anything on the menu to *actually* tempt me to go there. But, they do not, and everywhere that I can think of that has an Arby's also has a more veggie friendly option, like Panera, Subway, Taco Bell or even Wendy's. I'm perfectly happy to continue ignoring Arby's.
I think Wendys still has good fries!
Purp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page