VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbys flat out mocks Vegetarians and launches Vegetarian Support Helpline

6K views 43 replies 26 participants last post by  Purp 
#1 ·
#2 ·
AGAIN with the bacon!!

I mean, really, bacon tasted good when I ate it- I admit it... but most of the flavor was due to the seasonings. I have absolutely no clue what plain bacon tastes like. And the texture isn't hard to duplicate either: sorta crunchy/crispy (except for the fatty part, which was gross anyway).

Kidding aside, the Arby's ad mentions hostile letters from vegetarians and purports to be some sort of payback for such. I don't know if there's any substance to that.

Reactions: Purp
#4 ·
Bloody fools.

#6 ·
This makes me angry, but however I will calm and meditate on the issue. I wish both Arby's and McDonalds would shut down, however I suppose I shouldn't say such horrible things.

Reactions: Purp and Capstan
#8 ·
When I ate meat bacon was something that was either really good, or really gross.
My friend at work got bacon and said it was bad. She was raised on a farm and explained that if the pigs weren't neutered the bacon would be tainted (I forget the words she used for tainted, but it very visual). That just sickened me so much I never touched it again.

There is nothing good about bacon. It is no different than someones limp body mangled in machinery (then hung to age and smoked)

#12 ·
When regular restaurant menus start to use the word "vegan", the Arbys of the world know that the times they are a-changin'.

#15 · (Edited)
Arby's is not doing well. They adopted a mega-meat advertising focus in 2014, in order to attract younger consumers and boost declining sales: http://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/arbys-longer-slicing-freshness/ . Arby's vegetarian-mocking is similar to Carl's Jr. marketing, geared towards young men who feel the need impress each other, and to prove that you can't tell them what to do (so there!).

#21 ·
I remember when Arbys had good fries, and good turnovers. They changed the fries for curly fries they always seemed to overcook, and the turnovers weren't good anymore. That was years ago and they're still going downhill

#29 ·
I might feel a little more conflicted if they had anything on the menu to *actually* tempt me to go there. But, they do not, and everywhere that I can think of that has an Arby's also has a more veggie friendly option, like Panera, Subway, Taco Bell or even Wendy's. I'm perfectly happy to continue ignoring Arby's.

#32 ·
They can ridicule all they want.

We are not eating dead animals.

We are actually exhibiting compassion, rather than selling out to low life marketing techniques.

And we have the satisfaction of outliving most of their customers. :D

#33 ·
The Happy Healthy Vegan YouTubers made a response video:

#37 ·
Doesn't make me mad, it looks to me like progress. If I have that Gandhi quote right: First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. That suggests things are moving in the right direction. Probably time to start getting ready for the fight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.