Amazing "Sublime" - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-02-2004, 05:05 AM

Not sure if I should be posting this here or with "Foods/Recipes", but here goes. Just came back from a pretty rough visit to Florida -- my elderly mom is not doing well, in ICU after a major operation -- but there was a major bright spot in the trip -- dinner with my dad at the most fantastic restaurant, "Sublime".

It's a gourmet, totally vegan, with "foods of the world" and everything was wonderful. Beautiful atmosphere -- serene and lovely; the wait-staff was very friendly and accomodating (even to my sometimes demanding 86-year-old father).

One of the great things about it was that, being the only veg*n in my family, I rarely get to go out to vegetarian restaurants of any kind -- and this one was amazing! My Dad really got a kick out of the fact that I spent most of the evening smiling.

But the best part was the food -- and just being in a place where I could choose *anything* on the menu! There was sushi, grilled items, raw foods, pasta, unusual veggies and world cuisine; seitan & tofu prepared a variety of exotic ways; far too many things to mention, but they all sounded wonderful. It was hard to choose.

Anyway, if you're ever in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, be sure to try Sublime -- it really was <grin>.

Shalom,

Earthsong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-02-2004, 06:40 AM
Banned

I was just there about a month ago and absolutely LOVED it! Yay! We need an all-vegan restaurant in Indiana.
#3 Old 07-02-2004, 06:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow. That sounds awesome. I am way up north in Jacksonville, but I will have to go there when I make it a trip south. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, the foods you listed sounds awesome

I too just got back from Florida, it was beautiful down there! (Never got out of the mid 90's where I went!)
#5 Old 07-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I know, don't you just LOVE vegan restaurants? You can order anything on the menu, and the omnis have trouble finding something to eat because it is not their ordinary food! For once they know what it feels like to be us in an average restaruant! I love "Veggie Works" and "The Zen Palate"! "Down to Earth" is also yummy!
#6 Old 07-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Banned

I need to get back to Florida soon.
#7 Old 07-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Sushi??
#8 Old 07-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Banned

I think it's sushi rice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page