My Journey Becoming a Vegetarian #2 - VeggieBoards

My Journey Becoming a Vegetarian #2

earthyourself
07:44 PM 01-07-2015
My Journey Becoming a Vegetarian #2

Earthling: n. one who inhabits the earth.

Im going to start by rambling on for a little about a subject that is very important to me… so bare with me for a little. I began my topic with a definition. This word, though not commonly used, is a very powerful word, and has a very broad meaning. An earthling is one who inhabits the earth. If you take a moment and think about this, how many creatures are there, that do actually inhabit the earth? A lot, right? Well that means that we all share this earth equally. Not one living being on this earth should be considered better than another. Plants, fruits, and vegetables were put on this earth to grow naturally, and provide us with food. And thats a fact. That was their only purpose. To feed living things. Animals, humans, insects, you name it. Thats why they were put here, to feed all of us. They are good for our bodies, make us healthy and strong, and keep us energized. But now, lets rewind back to the topic of sharing our earth equally. If we were meant to share this earth equally with every other living creature on it, then what gives us (humans) the right to hunt, murder and slaughter animals for food, when we already were given the perfect food source? Did this all begin just because humans weren’t satisfied with what we had? If you ask me, animals were NOT put on this earth for the purpose that we use them for. No, animals have hearts, and brains, and they have lungs, and breathe just like us humans. They don’t have the same purpose as the plants do… It just doesn’t add up. It took me a while to incorporate my own opinion about being a vegetarian, and what it means. At first i didn’t really understand why i was doing it. Once you realize the right reasons for doing so, you’ll live a much happier, peaceful lifestyle. In my first post, i promised to tell you how my journey is going every time i post, so im just gonna give you a little bit about the last few days. Ive been sick recently, and haven’t really had anything to eat besides soup broth and crackers.. But today i feel energized and better than ever. So i went to my local vegan/vegetarian/raw food store today and purchased a whole bunch of foods that will help me get back on my feet. First thing, i bought lots of honey tea because its my favorite, and it also helps with colds, coughs and sore throats. I bought some fresh vegetables and fruits, like kiwi, avocado, green apples, oranges, grapefruit, cucumber and lemons (for making lemon water.) I also purchased some soy yogurt because i read in my new vegetarian cook book that it is a great immune system food to eat while you’re sick. Having a digestive system that is rich in probiotics, can help you feel healthy year round. Its easy to digest and is filled with lots of good stuff like protein and vitamins (which will help my body heal faster). I got some Snapea crisps too, which are basically just dried snap peas covered in sea salt, good for an upset stomach and also super yummy. And last but not least i got some black bean salad… which is one of my favorites for a small lunch, or a mid-day snack. It’s basically just black beans, different types of peppers, corn, onions, and good stuff like that. Im so excited to dig into all this tasty food. (Sorry for rambling on, i just figured maybe there’s chance you’re interested). Im going to be posting my first youtube video within the next week or so too! If you want to tune in for that, ill keep you updated. (: Ill be talking about my daily routines, diets, workouts, and how transitioning to a vegetarian has changed me in general. Cant wait!
To support me please follow my instagram: @megankriss
or tumblr: @earthyourselff
or twitter: @earthyourself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Vegan's Avatar Go Vegan
01:35 AM 01-09-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthyourself View Post
If we were meant to share this earth equally with every other living creature on it, then what gives us (humans) the right to hunt, murder and slaughter animals for food, when we already were given the perfect food source?
Absolutely...Animals were not "put" on this earth for humans to eat, no matter what some supposedly religious people would have you believe...
Tags: animals , equality , food , Vegan , vegetarian
Reply Up