Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Diesel
  • 1 Post By Tiger Lilly
  • 1 Post By Diesel
  • 1 Post By melimomTARDIS

#1 Old 11-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Veg version of Shin Ramyun? (Those really yummy instant noodles)

Shin Ramyun is a Korean instant noodle, it's flavor is salty and spicy.. it actually tastes good unlike most instant noodles.

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/img/p...n-ramen-lg.jpg

I was reading the package the other day and it had beef in it, along with crazy amounts of sodium and MSG.

Does anybody know of a veg alternative to Shin Ramyun? Maybe with no MSG or high sodium?

Now I'm not looking for a health food lol, just something I can enjoy every once a while without feeling guilty that I'm killing animals or myself.
Tiger Lilly likes this.

Last edited by Diesel; 11-28-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Shin Ramyun is a Korean instant noodle, it's flavor is salty and spicy.. it actually tastes good unlike most instant noodles.

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/img/p...n-ramen-lg.jpg

I was reading the package the other day and it had beef in it, along with crazy amounts of sodium and MSG.

Does anybody know of a veg alternative to Shin Ramyun? Maybe with no MSG and high sodium too?

Now I'm not looking for a health food lol, just something I can enjoy every once a while without feeling guilty that I'm killing animals or myself.
I like Mi Goreng. Yes, it has a picture of an egg on the noodles on the packet....

BUT.... After looking through the ingredients, I do believe it might be vegan. I know they have some that are 'vegetarian' (so they flavour it with a mushroom powdered thing, it's okay). But their normal noodles are also vegan.

-NOTE- If anyone has found the ingredients of Mi Goreng AREN'T vego, please let me know! I love the noodles, but like Diesel, I could do without the unneeded suffering!

Other than that, Dr McDougalls noodle cups are pretty awesome. Bit more expensive, but I like them and they're definitely vegan.
#3 Old 11-28-2014, 12:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
I like Mi Goreng. Yes, it has a picture of an egg on the noodles on the packet....

BUT.... After looking through the ingredients, I do believe it might be vegan. I know they have some that are 'vegetarian' (so they flavour it with a mushroom powdered thing, it's okay). But their normal noodles are also vegan.

-NOTE- If anyone has found the ingredients of Mi Goreng AREN'T vego, please let me know! I love the noodles, but like Diesel, I could do without the unneeded suffering!

Other than that, Dr McDougalls noodle cups are pretty awesome. Bit more expensive, but I like them and they're definitely vegan.
Maybe give this one a try once: http://www.nongshimusa.com/our-produ...al-noodle/soon

They say its vegan.

I have no idea how they taste. But its the same company that makes Shin Ramyun, so I'm guessing it will be decent.

Just wish they made a spicy version of it.
Tiger Lilly likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-28-2014, 07:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Try dressing up regular ramen.Its a total blank canvas, like rice.

I add hot sauce, soy sauce, chili pepper, sesame seeds, peanut butter, tofu.... Whatever strikes my fancy really.

Tonight I am having a bowl of ramen noodle soup for dinner, with baked kale and tofu. I am using half the seasoning packet to season the tofu/kale mix and the other half for the broth of the soup.
Tiger Lilly likes this.
#5 Old 11-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by melimomTARDIS View Post
Try dressing up regular ramen.Its a total blank canvas, like rice.

I add hot sauce, soy sauce, chili pepper, sesame seeds, peanut butter, tofu.... Whatever strikes my fancy really.

Tonight I am having a bowl of ramen noodle soup for dinner, with baked kale and tofu. I am using half the seasoning packet to season the tofu/kale mix and the other half for the broth of the soup.
Yeah, this was going to be my next suggestion :P

Though all I do, if I'm dressing up noodles, is throw some tamari on them. If I want it spicy, I add in chilli.
#6 Old 11-23-2015, 08:26 PM
Veggie Recycler

Peta 2 has several fancier ideas to dress up cheap ol ramen (as in the 40-50 cent packets you boil water and cover in a bowl for 3 minutes)...I've tried the peanut butter one...if for some reason you can't find "Oriental" flavor and are just craving the salty soup...just buy another flavor and throw the soup flavor in the trash...before adding boiling water to your now-plain noodles, just add granulated onion or garlic powder, a couple of spoonfuls of olive oil, a couple of spoonfuls of soy sauce and voila you know it's vegan ...for extra spice also add powdered cayenne, paprika, or hot sauce. When your soup is ready, you can add chopped chives or scallions, and/or a squeeze of lime or lemon juice.

Last edited by Thalassa4; 11-23-2015 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page