Non-leather Earth Shoes - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-02-2004, 11:11 AM

Not sure if this post is in the right spot, but anyway...finally took a trip into NYC this past weekend, to a great cruelty-free store, Mooshoes, that has all kinds of faux leather products. I was especially interested in trying the Vegan Earth Shoes (negative heel -- originally popular back in the '70s, which was when I last owned a pair ). I only just found out that they're still being sold (saw an ad in Vegetarian Times), and was delighted to find that they fit and look terrific.

The quality of the material is wonderful -- quite a step up from my usual Payless shoes -- and they are super comfortable. It's really nice for a change to get a pair of really fine quality non-leathers, after all the cheapies I've been wearing. Definitely a splurge, but worth it. My feet are very happy!

Now I'm psyched to start saving for one of the other styles (I got a lace-up to wear with jeans but there's a very nice one with straps that I'd love for dresses), and maybe the Birkenstock clogs I saw while browsing around online, eventually. I think I'd rather have less shoes but of a better quality. Even though it will take a while to save up enough for another pair or two, I'm beginning to think it's worth it.

Shalom,

Earthsong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Veggie Regular

#3 Old 06-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Veggie Regular

My two pairs of treads purchased at MooShoes this past Christmas holiday get more use than nearly every other pair in my closet except one old pair of shoes I can't seem to let go of. Love the place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-03-2004, 08:54 AM

I definitely recommend Earth Shoes as well. I've used Payless dress shoes for years b/c when I ask for nonleather dress shoes at a normal shoe store I generally get laughed at. But Payless shoes *really* hurt my feet, and Earth shoes are soo nice...

any recommendations for nonleather boots? I still have some leather and waterproof canvas New Balance that I've had for about 12 years, and I want to replace them but am leery of buying something online without trying it on (hiking in Payless boots, which I also own rubs the back of my feet raw after only a few miles).
#5 Old 06-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Nagev are supposed to be the best. You can get 'em online at veganessentials.com and, I think, Pangea.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page