VeggieBoards banner

Non-leather Earth Shoes

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  epski 
#1 ·
Not sure if this post is in the right spot, but anyway...finally took a trip into NYC this past weekend, to a great cruelty-free store, Mooshoes, that has all kinds of faux leather products. I was especially interested in trying the Vegan Earth Shoes (negative heel -- originally popular back in the '70s, which was when I last owned a pair
). I only just found out that they're still being sold (saw an ad in Vegetarian Times), and was delighted to find that they fit and look terrific.

The quality of the material is wonderful -- quite a step up from my usual Payless shoes -- and they are super comfortable. It's really nice for a change to get a pair of really fine quality non-leathers, after all the cheapies I've been wearing. Definitely a splurge, but worth it. My feet are very happy!

Now I'm psyched to start saving for one of the other styles (I got a lace-up to wear with jeans but there's a very nice one with straps that I'd love for dresses), and maybe the Birkenstock clogs I saw while browsing around online, eventually. I think I'd rather have less shoes but of a better quality. Even though it will take a while to save up enough for another pair or two, I'm beginning to think it's worth it.

Shalom,

Earthsong

See less See more
#4 ·
I definitely recommend Earth Shoes as well. I've used Payless dress shoes for years b/c when I ask for nonleather dress shoes at a normal shoe store I generally get laughed at. But Payless shoes *really* hurt my feet, and Earth shoes are soo nice...

any recommendations for nonleather boots? I still have some leather and waterproof canvas New Balance that I've had for about 12 years, and I want to replace them but am leery of buying something online without trying it on (hiking in Payless boots, which I also own rubs the back of my feet raw after only a few miles).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.