Beans & Rice.. Rice Cooker recipe - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-14-2014, 06:23 AM

Beans & Rice.. Rice Cooker recipe

Some of you may have been reading writing on my "Simple, cheap, healthy and fast daily vegetarian meals", thank you all for the help on that one.

I would like to formulate a well rounded meal with a good protein content based on black or wild rice and beans, that other than prep (i.e. soaking dried beans etc.) can be made exclusively in a rice cooker.

With this in mind I would be able to buy the ingredients in bulk. The cooking time for black rice is 35 minutes and this is similar for many beans so these two go together perfectly.

So without further ado, my ideas so far are:

-A massive bag of black rice.
-A massive bag of black beans?

If anyone has any great ideas for simple and tasty recipes would be appreciated!

P.S. I am quite happy if this rice cooker meal deal comes out as some kind of conge, it doesn't have to be a nice dry rice and bean recipe..

Last edited by Verbatim; 08-14-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-15-2014, 09:49 AM

Guys you can delete this one I won't be doing it.. Thanks
#3 Old 08-17-2014, 11:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Even though you aren't going to do this... Still interested to hear some replies? Is it worth it to do it like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-29-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Even though you aren't going to do this... Still interested to hear some replies? Is it worth it to do it like this?
Hi Diesel, yea sort of check this out..

https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/11-vegetarian-support-forum/153482-simple-cheap-healthy-fast-daily-vegetarian-meals-2.html#post3438218

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page