Vegetarian Cartoon Character - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 05-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrafae View Post

She has created the characters herself, but as of yet they have not been publicised. (hope you don't mind me jumping in on that for you SDG)

Haha, it's Ok, as I mentioned above, I am from Taiwan, and my English not that good, so sometimes I may not make myself clear to you. Thanks for the chance to clarify about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 05-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Beginner

[QUOTE=ChelsRm007]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoka View Post

Sorry, I am from Taiwan and I am not familiar with her, I am setting up a website dedicating to promote the vegetarian in Chinese, which is located at:

http://www.vegtomato.org/QUOTE]

A vegetarian from Taiwan who know's about this site! Thats deeply comforting for me... an exchange student in Taiwan who happens to be vegetarian. Thanks for putting up a site.

Wow, welcome to Taiwan,

hope you enjoy the staying in Taiwan, should you need any help just let me know.
#33 Old 05-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraftykraft View Post

I thought that Rob in "Get Fuzzy" was a vegetarian.

He is. Thave been a couple of strips dedicated to that. In one of them, he's telling Bucky why he doesn't eat the animals (especially cows). In other strips, he just hints at it.

As for the strip Foxtrot, the mother is always seen making things like beetroot loaf and sprouts casserole. In all the years I've read the strip, I've never seen her eating meat, but she does eat the stuff that no one else in house would touch and everyone seems "afraid" of her cooking.

<--- comic strip readin' geek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 05-17-2004, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeYahMK View Post

As for the strip Foxtrot, the mother is always seen making things like beetroot loaf and sprouts casserole. In all the years I've read the strip, I've never seen her eating meat, but she does eat the stuff that no one else in house would touch and everyone seems "afraid" of her cooking.

See, that's not good, though.
#35 Old 05-17-2004, 12:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystmDwnGrl2 View Post

I am kinda confused as to what you are asking me...

I think she's asking if you are going to put little "profiles" or background information about your characters on the website, including information about why they are veg*an.
#36 Old 05-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalea View Post

Norwegian cartoon character (goth-girl) Nemi is a vegetarian, and her reasons for being so are often brought up She is hugely popular here.

Pic: http://pub.tv2.no/gif/spray/nemi-logo.gif

(unofficial site in English: http://www.kalwynah.com/nemi/# )

Ah Nemi's great!
#37 Old 05-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie View Post

Ah Nemi's great!

Indeed she is
#38 Old 05-17-2004, 04:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoka View Post

Wow, that's cool, i couldn't image there is a norwegian cartoon character, Nemi, that is vegetarian. This really widens my viewpoint on vegetarian.

Thanks!!

Well you're very welcome
#39 Old 05-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Don't forget the sharks on Finding Nemo.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#40 Old 05-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Veggie Regular

here are some cartoons that deal with animal rights issues (including vegetarianism), don't know if it will help you but . . .http://www.vegetus.org/vegtoon/vegtoon.html
#41 Old 05-17-2004, 06:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

I think she's asking if you are going to put little "profiles" or background information about your characters on the website, including information about why they are veg*an.

most of this comes out in the storyline.
#42 Old 05-17-2004, 08:11 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiedog View Post

here are some cartoons that deal with animal rights issues (including vegetarianism), don't know if it will help you but . . .http://www.vegetus.org/vegtoon/vegtoon.html

Thanks, I got it!!!!
#43 Old 05-17-2004, 11:50 PM

There's a show in the US called "Teen Titans." The character Beast Boy is vegan. It comes up in the show every now and again, as he is often the chef of the day for the group. I'm pretty sure this is on cartoon network if you live in the States.
#44 Old 05-18-2004, 02:35 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinguVegan View Post

There's a show in the US called "Teen Titans." The character Beast Boy is vegan. It comes up in the show every now and again, as he is often the chef of the day for the group. I'm pretty sure this is on cartoon network if you live in the States.

Great!! Got a new vegetarian cartoon character now.

Thanks!!
#45 Old 05-18-2004, 06:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Are any of the main characters in 'Daria' veg*n ?
#46 Old 05-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalea View Post

Norwegian cartoon character (goth-girl) Nemi is a vegetarian, and her reasons for being so are often brought up She is hugely popular here.

Pic: http://pub.tv2.no/gif/spray/nemi-logo.gif

(unofficial site in English: http://www.kalwynah.com/nemi/# )

I found no evident in that website saying Nemi is a vegetarian. Do you have any idea where to get such information in English?

Thank you!!
#47 Old 05-19-2004, 05:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FafaFrappy View Post

I know it's from the same cartoon.. but Apu is vegan!

He's vegan?

Anyways, Lisa is sorda vegetarian. Or is it vegan? anyways, she eats meat in some shows... unless it's veggie burgers? Then in other shows she dosn't eat meat.

I love the simpsons, but they can really confuse me sometimes.

#48 Old 05-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular

my husband is a big fan of an old comic book called the badger. the badger is an animal rights activist but im not sure about his diet. in the first issue he is in a mental institution because he beat the crap out of some kids who were tossing wads of bread into a pond with fish hooks it them and catching swans, dragging them to shore and torturing them.

its an old book, no longer in print.

“There is a distinct difference between having an open mind and having a hole in your head from which your brain leaks out."-James Randi

#49 Old 05-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Lisa is a vegetarian. She said in one episode ("Lisa the Treehugger") that she is considering going vegan.

To my knowledge, Lisa has never eaten meat since the "Lisa the Vegetarian" episode in the 90's, thanks to a deal with Paul McCartney, who was a guest voice on that show. If you have seen Lisa eating meat, you probably are seeing older episodes before she went veggie.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#50 Old 05-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinguVegan View Post

I LOVE this show and Beast Boy. He has the ability to change into different animals so that's why he's vegan. In one episode he cooked/served tofu scramble with faux sausage and a glass of soymilk for breakfast.
#51 Old 05-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggzie View Post

I LOVE this show and Beast Boy. He has the ability to change into different animals so that's why he's vegan. In one episode he cooked/served tofu scramble with faux sausage and a glass of soymilk for breakfast.

A good answer why Beat Boy is a vegan:

One moment of hilarity comes from a simple scenario of ordering pizza. The group can't decide on toppings, and Beast Boy insists on vegetarian whereas Cyborg demands meat toppings. Beast Boy replies, "Dude, I've BEEN most of those animals!"

You see!! If everyone can stay in animal's position, then people will go vegetairan.
#52 Old 05-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarro View Post

my husband is a big fan of an old comic book called the badger. the badger is an animal rights activist but im not sure about his diet. in the first issue he is in a mental institution because he beat the crap out of some kids who were tossing wads of bread into a pond with fish hooks it them and catching swans, dragging them to shore and torturing them.

Wow, it's a pity, we can not see it any more!!
#53 Old 05-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Beginner

If we wanna rank these vegetarian cartoon character saying which one is best welcome by the audience. What order will you rank them?
#54 Old 05-20-2004, 03:18 PM

"Invader Zim" doesn't eat anything from animals.. But I think that's mainly because his race is highly alleric to it and it make's his skin buuuuuuuurn.

(They only eat candy... Yes, the show is f**ked up).
#55 Old 06-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarro View Post

here you go guys! at least you can get an idea of what it was like. this site lists the characters and plot summaries:

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/farmbadg.htm

“There is a distinct difference between having an open mind and having a hole in your head from which your brain leaks out."-James Randi

#56 Old 06-02-2004, 07:17 PM

I really enjoyed that Nemi cartoon!

You'd think that out of Daria, Jane, or Trent (on the cartoon Daria) ONE of them would have been vegetarian.

I thought Bubbles from the powerpuff girls was vegetarian.. but I think she ate shrimp in a later episode or something.
#57 Old 06-03-2004, 12:11 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post

I really enjoyed that Nemi cartoon!

You'd think that out of Daria, Jane, or Trent (on the cartoon Daria) ONE of them would have been vegetarian.

I thought Bubbles from the powerpuff girls was vegetarian.. but I think she ate shrimp in a later episode or something.

Here is what I got that Darias sister, Quinn, is a vegetarian.

"That's why I'm going the vegetarian route," Quinn explained. "Easier to explain to people. And I'm no longer killing animals for my food. I feel better that way."

http://www.outpost-daria.com/fanfic/mazel_tov.html
#58 Old 06-03-2004, 08:54 AM

Asoka,

You have a BEAUTIFUL website!

Nice work!

Can you tell us something about vegetarianism in Taiwan?

Is it common? Is it accepted or looked down upon?

Do you have many vegetarian restaurants? stores?

Thanks for sharing!

-todd

http://bartlebymusic.com
#59 Old 06-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Hmm the Nemi cartoon is in the free daily paper that is available on my bus. Reading it today, its clear she isnt a vegetarian.

Nemi and a friend are eating.

Her friend says - Arent you a vegetarian?!

Nemi - Uh

Friend - But you're eating fish, How can you be vegetarian?

Nemi - Uh?

Friend - What do you call someone who doesnt eat meat but still eats fish?

Nemi - Havent a Clue.

then a third person says - A Sell-Out !

Indeed
#60 Old 06-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddamo View Post

Asoka,

You have a BEAUTIFUL website!

Nice work!

Can you tell us something about vegetarianism in Taiwan?

Is it common? Is it accepted or looked down upon?

Do you have many vegetarian restaurants? stores?

Thanks for sharing!

-todd

http://bartlebymusic.com

In the past, people in Taiwan go vegetarian mainly due to religion, Buddhism; nowadays, many young generations go vegetarian because of health, beauty and ethical reason. And, the population of vegetarian is growing. So, it is widely accepted but comparing to omni it is still a small portion of all : ) Also, you can easily find a vegetarian restaurant in large city, like Taipei, and buy vegetarian food at super market or some dedicated store. As for the vegetarian food flavor, well, you can find Thai, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, France and Western vegetarian restaurant. There is even a kind of all-you-can-eat vegetarian restaurant (not a cafeteria) in Taipei. It is a kind of mix of all flavors. I believe there are five such kinds of restaurant in Taipei, pricing from 12 to 15 US$. And, some non-vegetarian restaurants are now offering vegetarian meal set for vegetarian. In addition, there are lots of small vegetarian restaurants around many corners. So, if you were here in Taipei, the place I live, you will love it as a vegetarian.

Yap, thats it. I hope this gives you a picture of what you wanna know.

And, thank you for visiting my website and finding it lovely.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page