What's for dinner? (Version 2.0) - Page 9 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 151Likes

#241 Old 11-12-2016, 09:24 AM
Peace

Mashed potatoes with red pesto, grilled aubergine, courgette and peppers, veggie sausages with sauted onions.

And chocolate mousse for dessert

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 Old 11-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Rice and stir fried veggies with spicy tahini sauce.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#243 Old 11-15-2016, 12:35 AM
Peace

Tomato-mozzarella ravioli with soy cream red pesto sauce ,pine nuts, tomatoes and mushrooms.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#244 Old 11-15-2016, 03:39 AM
Veggie Regular

soba noodles with roasted broccoli, peanuts, and onion

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#245 Old 11-16-2016, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Black chickpea, lentil and ginger curry over jasmine rice.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#246 Old 11-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Lentil burger today. Nice choice of brown bread with lentils, avocado, tomato and onions. Better than it sounds because it's one of those things where the whole is better than the taste of any of the individual things. A bowl of lentils is dull, but this rocks, this is the way to eat lentils. Tried the same thing at home in a restaurant, I thought both worked well.

They do have a tendency to fall apart,, so a knife and fork required to mop up at the end. You could probably find a better way to do it if you were a good cook.
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#247 Old 11-20-2016, 07:13 AM
Peace

Potato gratin and beetroot and apple salad.

#248 Old 11-20-2016, 08:06 AM
Live and let other live

Rice with vegetable dish made of black eyed peas, tomato, Onion, green chilly and potato, and Salad of Tomato, Onion and Cucumber.
#249 Old 11-21-2016, 07:03 AM
Peace

Veggie chilli with a jacked potato
Spudulika likes this.

#250 Old 11-21-2016, 04:20 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Sauteed tofurkey italian sausages added to home made marinara sauce and served over mung bean noodles with a side salad of mustard/arugula/kale/spinach greens, tomatoes, red onion, celery, and cucumber topped with a little date syrup/mustard dressing. The hubby's born day eve dinner.
#251 Old 11-21-2016, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie in Chile View Post
Lentil burger today. Nice choice of brown bread with lentils, avocado, tomato and onions. Better than it sounds because it's one of those things where the whole is better than the taste of any of the individual things. A bowl of lentils is dull, but this rocks, this is the way to eat lentils. Tried the same thing at home in a restaurant, I thought both worked well.

They do have a tendency to fall apart,, so a knife and fork required to mop up at the end. You could probably find a better way to do it if you were a good cook.
Would you like my tips? I always use something like ground flaxseeds or oatmeal for there binding quality. Red lentils work really well too, because they mush when cooked. I don't totally mash the beans to keep their texture, and be sure the mixture is like moist and somewhat sticky
the real tip is let the mix sit covered in the fridge a while to let the oats/flax/or breadcrumbs to absorb the wet ingredients, makes the patties hold their shape
I haven't made bean burgers in a long time! Used to be a staple!
I think that's what I'll be having for dinner!
Purp and Knowtions In Motion like this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#252 Old 12-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

A salad with falafel and spicy tahini sauce.

#253 Old 02-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
A salad with falafel and spicy tahini sauce.
Wow I'm obsessed with that sauce! Tonight I'm having rice noodles and stir fried veggies with spicy tahini sauce.

#254 Old 02-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Wow I'm obsessed with that sauce! Tonight I'm having rice noodles and stir fried veggies with spicy tahini sauce.
If you haven't, try brown rice with tahini sauce. I'm very picky with how rice tastes, but I think it's delicious with tahini sauce.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#255 Old 02-12-2017, 08:12 PM

Sweet Potato and black bean veggie burgers
#256 Old 02-13-2017, 12:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Leek and butter bean patties
Succotash
Herby baked potato wedges
#257 Old 02-15-2017, 09:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Tell me more about this spicy tahini sauce!! It sounds awesome, I LOVE tahini!

Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. -Mindy Kaling
#258 Old 02-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Green cabbage, carrot, veganaise, and golden raisin slaw with some leftover g/f elbow macaroni mixed in with some toasted sesame oil and sauteed broccoli, peas, baby portobellas, and red/yellow/orange bell peppers.
#259 Old 02-18-2017, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskins View Post
Tell me more about this spicy tahini sauce!! It sounds awesome, I LOVE tahini!
It's really good! I don't have a solid recipe I tend to switch it up every time but it's roughly 1 tablespoon of tahini, a teaspoon of maple syrup, a teaspoon of sriracha and some garlic salt and/or minced garlic. Sometimes I add nutritional yeast.
jaskins likes this.

#260 Old 02-19-2017, 12:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Fajitas

I stir fry several sliced red and green peppers, a couple of onions and then chuck in a drained tin of red beans. Then season liberally with a homemade fajita spice mix. That's the main filling, it goes on the table in a large pyrex bowl.

Also on the table are wholewheat wraps (heated in oven), a shredded crisp lettuce salad dressed in lime juice, and a bowl of easy tomato salsa (partially drained tin of chopped tomatoes, squirt of tomato ketchup, finely chopped red onion, garlic powder, chilli powder, salt).
Today I'm going to include a pile of grated vegan cheese to top it all off with - but I don't usually have that stuff in.

Last edited by Spudulika; 02-20-2017 at 12:22 AM.
#261 Old 02-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Lentil and sweet potato stew.

#262 Old 02-20-2017, 12:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Butter bean and leek patties served with herby baked potato wedges and a mixed green salad.
#263 Old 02-20-2017, 02:46 AM
Banned

I have mushrooms with carrots and potatoes for dinner today. I took it to work in containers 'coz I have a lot of work today and it seems I'll have my dinner in the office. I like to cook it in a skillet and add some cheese also. Tastes delicious.

Last edited by silva; 03-30-2017 at 03:21 PM.
#264 Old 02-21-2017, 09:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Tonight I'm making homemade cannelloni! Fresh pasta sheets, ricotta/meyer lemon filling, and a nice green salad on the side

Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. -Mindy Kaling
#265 Old 02-22-2017, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Super lazy dinner: Vegetable fingers*, mashed potatoes and peas!

*if you've never had a vegetable finger, this is them: http://veggies.co.uk/tag/vegan-vegetable-fingers/
#266 Old 02-22-2017, 01:28 PM
Plant Powered

You guys are making me hungry with all your yummy sounding meals!

I made a giant batch of chickpeas the other day so this week's meals are all about the chickpeas LOL. Last night I made chickpea salad sandwiches (celery, green onions, red pepper, pickles, vegenaise, etc) on some yummy soft buns. Tonight I'm making chickpea rice soup ^_^
#267 Old 02-22-2017, 04:47 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

It's meal prep for mom night, so we'll be grazing from fruit salad made with sliced bananas, strawberries, navel oranges, and pears, sprinkled with lemon and lime juice, in addition to some sweet potato/black bean burgers served on toasted g/f bread with veganaise, spicy mustard, red onion, orange bell pepper, spinach, and tomato, served with pasta salad made with g/f penne, veganaise, red onion, orange bell pepper, cucumber, and green onion, and/or, a garden salad made with curly kale, spinach, carrots, yellow bell pepper, red onion, celery, roma tomatoes, and chick peas with papaya poppyseed dressing. It takes a day or two to recover from all the shopping and prepping, and plating it up for individual servings and delivery, but the taste testing alone makes it all worth it. lol No wonder I've gained some weight back over the winter. Hahahaha!
Spudulika likes this.
#268 Old 02-22-2017, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
This thread is super inspiring! I LOVE it!

Tonight here is pretty boring/awesome. As in... I keep coming back to my favourite and very simple meals that others might scoff at but I never fail to savour to the last bite.

Basmati rice, kimchi, stirfried greens and smoked tofu, with avocado. Followed rapidly by homemade crumble (GF so almond flour and whatnot) and coconut yoghurt/cream. Yum.
jaskins, Spudulika and Symondezyn like this.
#269 Old 02-27-2017, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Tonight I'm making a stir fry! Tofu in a black pepper-tamari sauce, with baby bok choy, red bell pepper, and a shallot. Serving it with basmati rice with coconut, pineapple, and sesame seeds!

Needless to say I am counting down the seconds until I am off work and in my kitchen

#270 Old 03-08-2017, 06:05 AM

Pasta with veggie Bolognese sauce (Quorn mince)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page