What's for dinner? (Version 2.0) - Page 8 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 151Likes

#211 Old 07-27-2016, 03:24 PM
Plant Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Leftover teriyaki tofu with fried rice. It tastes better the next day!
If I didn't think I'd die of malnutrition, i'd eat teriyaki tofu every day, even for breakfast!: cold, hot, or anything in-between, it's soooooo good :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 Old 07-27-2016, 05:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Lettuce and tomato salad with olive oil and vinegar.

Soup - cream made of potato and carrot. Then add bits of spaghetti and green beans.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#213 Old 07-27-2016, 05:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
All these Amy's products sound so good! We only get the Mac'n'cheese and some soups here (Aust) I think.

I'm having kim chi gyoza! Mmmmmmm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#214 Old 07-27-2016, 06:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Shell pasta with green beans, mushrooms, onion, and cauliflower almond alfredo sauce

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#215 Old 07-27-2016, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Shell pasta with green beans, mushrooms, onion, and cauliflower almond alfredo sauce
I had shell pasta with a cashew/nooch sauce yesterday with peas and carrots and brown basmati rice!
I love how shells envelope the other foods. It's one of my favorite pastas, esp combined with grains
#216 Old 07-28-2016, 10:43 PM

From Albania: the Byrek. Originally a vegetarian dish, it is made up of a Feta cheese/spinach/chili stuffing enveloped by puff pastry (is that the right expression for it?). Add a little spiced yogurt (with salt and pepper) et voila

Blog and vegetarian recipe books:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#217 Old 07-29-2016, 01:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Last night's dinner was kidney beans, lima beans, carrots, corn, bell pepper, zucchini, over rice, with lots of seasonings (fresh basil from my garden, garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, black pepper.

#218 Old 08-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Bandit

Madras curry with tofu over jasmine rice. Big hearts of romaine salad with Trader Joe's light champagne vinegrette.
tpkyteroo luebeck likes this.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#219 Old 08-12-2016, 02:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Last night: black beans, onion, shredded coconut, loads of broccoli simmered in cashew milk and curry, ginger, and garlic spices and scooped over bowl of millet. cashew milk to drink. And had a few dates (the food lol) while cooking dinner.
tpkyteroo luebeck likes this.

#220 Old 08-29-2016, 12:07 AM

A few days ago, we had a shot at homemade California Rolls, with fresh cheese, avocado, mango and banana. Turned out to be quite nice, only the sesame grains caused some mess in the kitchen

#221 Old 08-30-2016, 04:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Finally remembered to photograph a meal before chowing it down lol. I made this last night for my partner and I. It is red potatoes (skin on), savoy cabbage, chopped apple, sauerkraut, and Field Roast Apple Sage "sausage" chopped into slices. I added caraway seeds, mustard powder, apple sauce, and a splash of cider vinegar also. This is a very filling meal and one of my all time favorites! If a person didn't want to use the Field Roast (or it is not available where you live), this also works with navy beans or cubed tempeh. You could also have this over brown rice. I found that the red potatoes were enough to make the meal filling. This is a fairly cheap and economical meal aside from the Field Roast (my splurge for the day), but as I said navy beans work too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Potato Cabbage Sauerkraut Field Roast.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	15153  

#222 Old 08-30-2016, 07:40 AM

I took a sweet potato and baked it, then cut it in half and added garlic hummus, cilantro, and cherry tomatoes. Add a little bit of earth balance, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and optionally some chickpeas and you are golden. SO Good!
#223 Old 09-05-2016, 10:50 PM

@ Naturebound : My girlfriend cooked something similar a few days ago, with sauerkraut and apple too. Was quite nice as well

What we prepared too was this one:

The Fergese Tirane, named after the Albanian capital. With red bell peppers, tomatoes, Feta cheese and a little too much butter
Werewolf Girl and Naturebound like this.

#224 Old 09-06-2016, 12:50 AM

I'm having kim chi gyoza
#225 Old 09-06-2016, 10:25 AM

Gardein chick'n with tempura cauliflower and mixed rice
#226 Old 09-11-2016, 11:46 PM

We tried something Spanish this time: the Fritada, a very old dish based on eggplant, zucchini, potatoes as well as bell peppers and if you're ok with it, an egg on top.
Werewolf Girl likes this.

#227 Old 09-13-2016, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Roasted russet potatoes and sweet potatoes with salad and miso gravy.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#228 Old 09-27-2016, 10:26 PM

Here's the Gratin dauphinois we had a few days ago. It usually comes with meat, but since we wanted a clear conscience, we put in a salad instead Put in some potatoes, garlic, cream, grated cheese, butter, thyme, salt and nutmeg and there you go

#229 Old 09-28-2016, 02:54 AM

I'm not sure yet probably a veggy burger unless I get to the supermarket. However I look forward to making something with spinach and egg whites today at some point
#230 Old 10-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Rice noodles with stir fried kale and miso gravy.
Thalassa likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#231 Old 10-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I ate dinner while traveling in a car so it was nothing fancy. I had a homemade whole wheat burrito with fat free refried beans, salsa, and brown rice tucked into it. Also a single serve rice milk.

#232 Old 10-12-2016, 10:59 PM
Bandit

I made surprisingly good pasta with things hanging around in my fridge.

I sautéed a quarter of an onion and a third of a yellow bell pepper in Earth Balance until softer and translucent, then added a left over half can of diced stewed tomatoes with half a jar of Ragu hidden veggie pizza sauce, a bunch of sliced left over black olives, a few stalks of broccolini (cut up into smaller bites), and a huge handful of Italian parsley that was about to wilt. I later stirred in three slices of Chao vegan cheese, and shook some red pepper flakes, salt and dried "Italian seasoning" in, and let it all simmer together.

I ate it over quinoa pasta and am excited I still have plenty left over to enjoy tomorrow.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#233 Old 10-15-2016, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Roasted potatoes with crunchy romaine and sweet Sriracha tahini dressing.

#234 Old 10-16-2016, 10:27 PM

We tried the Arabian Harira soup lately, which as you can see, is great for chickpea lovers Add some pasta, tomatoes, onions as well as branch celery plus some spices and Harissa sauce and there you go

#235 Old 10-17-2016, 04:13 PM
Spudwiser

Zucchini Pasta

Tonight I am doing a vegetable marinara and instead of pasta I am using zucchini that I spiral cut and broiled until they were cooked and a little bit of them are crispy. Diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, oven roasted garlic, onions, and olives in the sauce.
#236 Old 10-17-2016, 05:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Vegan mac and cheese (sauce was blended tofu, Daiya chedder shreds, steamed carrots, almond milk, marjoram, salt and pepper, minced garlic, pinch of cayenne)

Roasted broccoli with splash of soy sauce and lemon juice

Cashew milk

#237 Old 11-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Peace

Tonight it will be a red onion and feta tart with a seasonal salad.

And for dessert vegan cinnamon ice cream

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels
#238 Old 11-08-2016, 10:27 PM

Another try to prepare something from the Southern U.S. Cajun cuisine: the Jambalaya, with typical ingredients such as onions, green bell peppers and branch celery. And some rice of course

#239 Old 11-09-2016, 02:05 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Roasted cauliflower "steak" marinated with toasted sesame oil, garlic, and fresh rosemary served with steamed fordhook lima beans from the summer's garden (frozen) and a salad made with fresh picked spinach and mustard greens, the last of the yarden cherry tomatoes, and some cucumbers, red peppers, and red onion from the last of the Mennonite greenhouse goodies with home made stone ground mustard and date syrup dressing.
#240 Old 11-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Fluffy jasmine rice with crunchy stirfried veggies seasoned with Braggs, Sriracha and tahini. Lately I've been putting tahini on everything!
Sidhuriel likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page