Forum Jump: 
 151Likes

#151 Old 04-24-2016, 02:53 AM

Green asparagus with pasta :-)
LedBoots likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 Old 05-02-2016, 12:46 AM

They do not only have excellent chocolate and precise watches in Switzerland, they also have ... Roesti

Not all that different from hash-browns actually, but these things are quite common throughout the western countries it seems. Well we added a little salad et voilà, nice veggie dinner

Blog and vegetarian recipe books:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#153 Old 05-07-2016, 02:07 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

Tonight I'm doing a gluten free yellow bell pepper and mushroom "udon" stir fry with soy curls flavored like beef. I'll post pics in the veggie recipe "what you cooked tonight" section later if you guys would like.
LedBoots likes this.

It's better to burn out than fade away! - Def Leppard

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#154 Old 05-08-2016, 11:02 PM

A few days ago we had something typical from the Luxembourgian cuisine (yes, there is something like that, although quite small ) : the "Bouneschlupp" which roughly translates to "Bean Soup" and is (obviously) mostly made mostly of green beans and potatoes.
Naturebound likes this.

#155 Old 05-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Veggie Regular

We're having enchiladas tonight.
#156 Old 05-11-2016, 11:44 PM

An essential part for a Spanish tapas dinner: the patatas bravas, or "potatoes for the brave". Lots of chilies and garlic in their sauce gives them the strong taste which is appreciated so much in the Spanish cuisine. Enjoy with a glass of Spanish dry red wine
LedBoots and Naturebound like this.

#157 Old 05-13-2016, 06:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Eggplant "Parmesan" on a bed of spaghetti.
#158 Old 05-21-2016, 04:41 PM
Beanitarian

I don't feel well. Hoping to rope my husband into getting something involving potato wedges and ice cream.
Symondezyn likes this.

Beanitarian.
#159 Old 05-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Plant Powered

spinach and white bean pizza on a home made sprouted crust
LedBoots and Bitter Orange like this.
#160 Old 05-24-2016, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Roasted potatoes with guacamole. Simple and perfect.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#161 Old 05-24-2016, 04:22 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Roasted potatoes with guacamole. Simple and perfect.
Hi WWG
#162 Old 05-26-2016, 11:02 PM

Yup, fresh guacamole can be amazing with a lot of things

We had an excursion into African cuisine: the Thieboudienne:

#163 Old 05-26-2016, 11:53 PM
Veggie Recycler

I only go to Veggie Grill every couple months, but I indulged in their 100% vegan food. ..a veggie burger with cheez, asparagus soup with mint, and tempura green beans dipped in garlic ranch. Perfect comfort food. Even took a chocolate chip walnut cookie with me.
LedBoots and Symondezyn like this.
#164 Old 05-27-2016, 08:48 AM
Plant Powered

I'm really excited - hubby and I are going out for Thai tonight; I've long been a fan of excellent Thai food, whereas my other half is a bit feral and prefers less veggies in his meal LOL

However, since I've gone over to the dark side of veg*ism, he has been graciously willing to try new things for my sake - so I've convinced him he can find something delicious while I can enjoy a blissfully vegan meal in peace without wondering what else crept in there LOL
LedBoots likes this.
#165 Old 05-27-2016, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symondezyn View Post
I'm really excited - hubby and I are going out for Thai tonight; I've long been a fan of excellent Thai food, whereas my other half is a bit feral and prefers less veggies in his meal LOL

However, since I've gone over to the dark side of veg*ism, he has been graciously willing to try new things for my sake - so I've convinced him he can find something delicious while I can enjoy a blissfully vegan meal in peace without wondering what else crept in there LOL
I'm excited for you, and jealous!
A just-in-case reminder, because it's so not on my radar--Thai places in particular are notorious for calling fish stuff vegetarian.
To me fish juice has always been the nastiest stuff, like worcheshire
Symondezyn likes this.
#166 Old 05-27-2016, 09:32 AM
Plant Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I'm excited for you, and jealous!
A just-in-case reminder, because it's so not on my radar--Thai places in particular are notorious for calling fish stuff vegetarian.
To me fish juice has always been the nastiest stuff, like worcheshire
Oh I'm so with you there... I love making Asian cuisine at home because I can just omit the grody fish sauce LOLOL!! Thanks for the reminder - I will be sure to specify NO FISHY-FISH!! ^_^
#167 Old 05-29-2016, 11:17 PM

And now for something from down-under: the veggie pie. Careful with the "traditional" Worcester sauce that usually accompanies the meat pie, it contains fish.
LedBoots likes this.

#168 Old 05-30-2016, 01:02 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1 View Post

And now for something from down-under: the veggie pie. Careful with the "traditional" Worcester sauce that usually accompanies the meat pie, it contains fish.
ooh I will have s big slice o that!!
#169 Old 05-30-2016, 08:55 AM
Veggie Regular

We're going to my mom's house to grill tonight. Veggie burgers for sure (and German chocolate cake for dessert), I don't know what else is on the menu.
LedBoots likes this.
#170 Old 05-30-2016, 09:30 AM

Oh my god, I'm reading what everyone else is eating and literally dying here,don't have any 'good' food at home, so I'm just eating banana xD...probably 3rd one today
#171 Old 05-30-2016, 04:53 PM
Plant Powered

going to yoga in a bit so it's gonna be a late dinner, but the prep is all done - making five spice fried rice with sweet potato (from Thug Kitchen) and some smoky maple marinated tofu to go with
#172 Old 05-31-2016, 02:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Enchiladas tonight. They are a favorite of mine so we have them quite often.
LedBoots likes this.
#173 Old 05-31-2016, 11:25 PM

Project Fried Noodles with Vegetables: success.
It took us several attempts, but this time they were like they should be .
With carrots, bell peppers and some fried onions.

#174 Old 06-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Black bean quesadillas tonight. Hubby is cooking
LedBoots likes this.
#175 Old 06-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Scrambled extra firm sprouted tofu (in vegetable broth) with finely chopped collard greens, bok choy, onion, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and garlic powder. Mango sorbet, almond milk.
Symondezyn likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#176 Old 06-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Plant Powered

Last night: a simple sandwich of fried mushrooms on toasted sprouted bread with some lettuce. (delicious!)

Tonight: Moroccan chickpea soup

Tomorrow we're going out for Indian food at one of Vikram Vij's restaurants!! So excited! ^_^
Naturebound likes this.
#177 Old 06-02-2016, 10:25 PM

To be used as part of a Spanish tapas dinner or simply as appetizers: the sweet bell peppers stuffed with spiced goat cheese. The secret is finding the right amount of Arabian Harissa sauce to put in.

#178 Old 06-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

We're going to a potluck tonight. We'll be bringing a vegan Caesar salad (hubby's favorite)... not sure if anything else will be vegan but I do love this salad so it will be alright if their isn't much else.
LedBoots and Symondezyn like this.
#179 Old 06-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellie View Post
We're going to a potluck tonight. We'll be bringing a vegan Caesar salad (hubby's favorite)... not sure if anything else will be vegan but I do love this salad so it will be alright if their isn't much else.
That is a good thing to bring. I sometimes bring dessert too, or some kind of quick bread or something. Because my husband likes a sweet (me too to an extent ), and at a potluck there will be other dessserts that look good.
Symondezyn likes this.
#180 Old 06-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Plant Powered

it's hot today!! I will probably have a Gardein beefless burger and maybe some salad ^_^ (I made a KILLER vegan ranch dressing today, and I kind of want to put it on EVERYTHING! lol)
LedBoots likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page