What's for dinner? (Version 2.0) - Page 10 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 151Likes

#271 Old 03-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

It's clean out the fridge night....gonna throw together a salad with some romaine, kale, carrots, celery, sweet mini-peppers, purple cabbage, and cucumber, make a cream of celery soup (made creamy by blending with stick blender), and some steamed locally grown curly and red Russian kale, and there's a couple slices of leftover g/f pizza with no cheese, extra sauce, garlic, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, sliced tomato, and extra oregano. Buffet night, apparently. ) Tomorrow has a good chance of being leftover night. I love it when that happens. lol

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 Old 03-26-2017, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Rice and veggies with spicy tahini sauce and lots of lemon

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#273 Old 03-26-2017, 07:19 PM
Bandit

Went to the vegan street fair today and got a hot dog from a vendor with sweet chili sauce, pepper relish and sautéed onion. Also had a sample of vegan chow mein in a tiny cup with a square of tofu, and a Kuli Kuli Moringa green energy shot, and a vegan fortune cookie.

I probably should have waited in the long lines for a more exotic meal, but I'll do that next month at VegFest, haha. Just went today to walk around a bit and people watch.
blue_green_gold likes this.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#274 Old 03-26-2017, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular

baked beans in sweet potato jacket; side of frozen steamed mixed vegetables; cashew milk

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#275 Old 04-11-2017, 03:11 PM
Banned

What U recomment to eat for a new vegetarian! Thanks
#276 Old 04-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaiurtubia View Post
What U recomment to eat for a new vegetarian! Thanks
Anything in this thread! What kind of food do you like?

Also I'm having brown rice and stir fried veggies for dinner.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#277 Old 05-03-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Also I'm having brown rice and stir fried veggies for dinner.
Still can't figure out the best way to cook brown rice. It's either under-cooked and hard, or over-cooked and sticky!
#278 Old 06-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Tonight I'm having roasted potatoes with salad with Daiya caesar dressing.

#279 Old 06-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry View Post
Still can't figure out the best way to cook brown rice. It's either under-cooked and hard, or over-cooked and sticky!
Have you tried using a rice cooker?

#280 Old 06-10-2017, 01:40 PM

Gonna have left over Aloo Gobi (Indian potatoes and cauliflower) over rice.
#281 Old 06-10-2017, 11:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferncat View Post
Gonna have left over Aloo Gobi (Indian potatoes and cauliflower) over rice.
Mmm, I love that. We're having chana masala (chickpea and tomato curry) with another vegetable curry later (he'll be making it as I'm working - I may suggest aloo gobi). We'll also be having chappatis (Indian wholewheat flatbread) and Indian pickles.
#282 Old 06-12-2017, 07:36 AM

I'm going to make veggie noodle bowls tonight. I marinade the tofu, bake it and serve it over soba noodles with fresh veggies and throw some of the marinade on for sauce. I have extra sweet potatoes to use up so I am going to slice them thin, bake those with the tofu and see how that is.
#283 Old 06-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry View Post
Easiest to use a rice cooker or electric pressure cooker (which do live up to their hype once you get times right!)
If you don't have either, look up Alton Browns oven baked brown rice. I used to use that method and it is really foolproof, and very good and fluffy

Proportions of brown rice to water do vary, and I recommend going a little over, even if you drain the water out.

My Instant Pot is 1 cup brown rice (rinsed) to 1 1/4 cup water. Set manually for 10 minutes, natural pressure release. I use a pyrex dish on the rack for the rice/water, set over 1-2 cups water in pot itself

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#284 Old 06-12-2017, 05:51 PM

Aloo matar in the electric pressure cooker.

A pile of quartered baby red potatoes sauteed for a few minutes in a tablespoon or sesame oil with fresh turmeric, fresh ginger, sliced jalapenos, whole coriander and cumin seeds, garam masala, black pepper and salt. All ingredients organic, except the turmeric.

Then set the pressure cooker for 7 minutes, at which point I'll add a bag of frozen peas for 3 minutes.

Wish me luck, this is an experiment, but so far every experiment with the electric pressure cooker (Fagor Lux) has been a huge success. I love the thing.
Purp likes this.
#285 Old 10-15-2017, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mashed potatoes, roasted yams and greens with Tofurky gravy.

#286 Old 10-21-2018, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Veggie stir fry with smoked tofu and Sriracha.

#287 Old 10-24-2018, 07:59 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Night before last, was wild rice stuffed acorn squash and succotash.

Last night, was carrot/ginger/kale soup and grilled chao brand tomato cayenne cheese on artisan rye bread.

Tonight, will be a big salad made with romaine/kale/sweet red peppers/carrots/red onion/celery/kalamata olives/spinach-artichoke hummus and topped off with maple mustard dressing. Dessert will be home baked g/f vegan pumpkin/non-dairy chocolate chip mini-loaf quick bread, likely topped with some non-dairy nice cream.

Yum....and then some.
Werewolf Girl and Ger Jonker like this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#288 Old 12-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Rice and roasted cauliflower with miso gravy

#289 Old 12-09-2018, 03:22 AM

Last night I ate at a an Indian restaurant and had a vegan Thali. Poppadoms, pickles, flat bread, potato and green pea curry, lentil soup with white rice! Perfect!!
#290 Old 12-30-2018, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Thai red curry loaded with broccoli and tofu served over rice noodles.

#291 Old 03-09-2019, 08:26 AM

Romaine, zucchini, green bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, pepper Jack cheese and Italian dressing lol
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#292 Old 04-27-2019, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mashed potatoes and various roasted veg, cleaning out the fridge before I go shopping.

#293 Old 09-08-2019, 11:50 PM

Familycookbookproject is the website, where you can find a lots of food recipes, which you can use to cook by yourself. To access this website, first you have to register for this website, then you will be able to do a successful Familycookbookproject Login.
#294 Old 09-19-2019, 12:08 PM

Had an amazing homemade Gluten-free vegetable Paella for dinner!
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#295 Old 09-20-2019, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Vegan pizza from Panago made with Daiya cheese and spicy Beyond meat crumbles, and Gardein chicken strips on the side with vegan sweet mustard sauce. I'm living in plantbased heaven!

#296 Old 09-25-2019, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Salad with celery and walnut with a mustard, honey and rice wine vinegar dressing

Veggie sausages with braised onions, whole new potatoes and sweetcorn

Figs and blueberries with honey and yoghurt

There is joy and beauty in everything around us, just take time to see it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page