Paneer - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Banned

Hey guys I don't know how many of you have gone to Indian restaurants and all, but is paneer really bad for you? The lady likes to make it and I love to eat it, but what are the drawbacks?

I have been getting a lil fatter (can post pics if you want) and lately I've been eating more paneer. I have been working out a lot the past few years so maybe it is too much paneer? Should I cut down? But then will I need to add different foods to keep the nutrients I get the same?

Normally I take 2 scoops when she makes matar paneer and by the end I have normally taken 5 scoops. Probably 10 squares of paneer total
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

I don't recall what paneer tastes like. I sometimes get things that have paneer with tofu. I love tofu in Indian dishes.

Paneer is whole milk that is coagulated with lemon juice, so you'd have to analyze how you feel about whole cows (or buffalo) milk. It's high in animal fat, and cholesterol.

Tofu is lower in fat, lower in calories, cholesterol free and still high in protein.

Found this link:

http://www.pinkjooz.com/index.php/tofu-vs-paneer-a-real-battle-on-nutritional-ground/

I sometimes get these frozen dinners from the Asian grocery by Udupi foods. If you find them they are wonderful! They do have an Muttar Tofu.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#3 Old 12-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Banned

Yes, paneer is pretty bad for you and Indian dishes are often prepared with a lot of fat (often cream) so they are very calorie rich.....very easy to over-eat them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page