Reasons why we are vegetarian rather than vegan - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#91 Old 12-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Beginner's Mind

If "being" vegetarian is a lie, it's a good lie.  Self-motivation, useful convention.  Regular meat has physical effects.  But I agree skills at honest questions are lacking in this messed up world we have been raised in.

Jenner: I learned this much: take what you can, when you can.

Justin: Then you have learned nothing!

The Secret of NIMH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 12-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4891 View Post

If "being" vegetarian is a lie, it's a good lie.  Self-motivation, useful convention.  Regular meat has physical effects.  But I agree skills at honest questions are lacking in this messed up world we have been raised in.

Why is it a good lie if it conflicts with Life is Most Important in Life?

Why is it good to call yourself or someone else superior to another?

Why do you think you are above the Truth itself?

Why do you think pushing labels, that are in fact, condescending lies, helps others to appreciate their own self, the importance of their choices, is good?

Why do you wish to put forth a lie when the the Truth itself is available and get's more done to stop unnecessary suffering better and faster.

Why would you want to belittle others?

Why would you want more animals to die needlessly?

Is your desire to lie and and call others labels really more important than people in general getting the Truth?

Is it good to do less to help Life than what is currently available? By your logic, yelling at those drowning in the water who don't know how to swim, 'How to swim', is good, even when you have many to help you and life preservers everywhere that can easily be tossed to them and even plenty of room on boats to bring them to.

There may have been a day when calling oneself or another a vegetarian or vegan was the best we could do with what we had. This is no longer the case. We have The Most Important Truth in Life: Life is Most Important in Life, NOW!

The Most Important Truth in Life is the Most Good we can do. Anything less is an excuse to cause harm. The Most Important Truth in Life is Most Important and does not agree with falsely defining others as less than The Most Important Truth in Life say we are: Most Important in Life.

No more opinions please. State the Truth for what it is. It's a yes or no. Accept the Most Valuable Gift paid for in the sweat, tears, blood and lives of so many, or discard the Truth and dishonor all those who have suffered and given for us to have The Most important Truth in Life just when we need it most.

You must either agree that Life is Most Important in Life and accept this fact, and the fact that people are what the Truth says they are, and the fact that you are never above the Truth, or you can choose the lie.

Which is it? Choosing not to answer is making a choice. You took it upon yourself to judge others as their actions and attempted to place your own self above the Truth. By judging others you immediately forced judgment upon yourself. Now you have your Judgment Day. There is no wiggle room here for any of us.

It's time to step forward into the safety of the Truth, if you so choose of your own free will.

You cannot put what is factually Most Important aside and actually have something more good or more important.

Most important is just that: MOST Important. That is the Authority of the Truth.

Just as soon as you change your own past, reply without ever using Life, or prove to us all that Life is not real, then and only then will you have a legitimate basis to argue against The Most Important Truth in Life.

The Most Important Truth in Life provides the reason to not kill needlessly in the first place. Animals don't need to get slaughtered for Truthful videos to be made to impress on others their suffering. If we just accept the Truth, then those innocent of wrong doing do not have to shed their blood and cry out.

We, as a people, must have the correct reason to make the best choices in the first place. The Most Important Truth in Life is it. Any thought, word, or action that disagrees is a lie. Is your cup facing up as the Truth is poured out?

So here we are..... on one hand someone says Life is Most Important in Life: The factual Most Important Truth in Life. On the other someone says that what they say is good is good, regardless of what the factually Most Important Truth in Life says.

There is no wiggle room or exceptions for any of us. Put away that judgmental ability you have. You have judged yourself in your attempt to judge others as something other than what the truth itself says we are.

#93 Old 12-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Hey David, it just sounds like you're spinning a lot of rhetoric. Just a dispute on semantics that goes round and round.

Why so caught up in whether someone calls themselves veg'n instead of saying they have a veg'n diet or lifestyle?

What is your definition of "Truth"? Like a higher power?

Thing is, it seems that you want animal rights, that you have a veg diet, so why argue against those who already agree?

I can't imagine anyone wishing to change their ways based on what you present.

Werewolf Girl, River and happyme like this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 12-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Hey David, it just sounds like you're spinning a lot of rhetoric. Just a dispute on semantics that goes round and round.

Why so caught up in whether someone calls themselves veg'n instead of saying they have a veg'n diet or lifestyle?

What is your definition of "Truth"? Like a higher power?

Thing is, it seems that you want animal rights, that you have a veg diet, so why argue against those who already agree?

I can't imagine anyone wishing to change their ways based on what you present.

Silvia,

First state whether you agree Life is Most Important in Life.

Yes or no? That's the actual center of our mutually defined reality.

You must publicly accept or deny at this point.

Can you speak Truthfully or not?

We will not have a convo based on your personal attacks. You will either state or deny the Truth before we proceed and receive witness of that choice on this day.

When you can respond without ever using Life, then and only then, will you have a power higher than the Truth.

PS. I don't have this problem with people on the street. Only people who falsely believe they are more important than others take issue with The Most Important Truth in Life because it proves they have lied.

You want people to not kill for fun? Great. Yet, you don't don't seem to have a single valid Truthful thing to say that across the board not only handles the needless killing of the animals, but also every single other preventable threat Life faces. Yet, The Most Important Truth in Life solves them all and you protest it so you can call yourself a vegan or vegetarian? Time for some humble pie. Eat it if you really love Life. Get on your knees and cry tears of happiness willfully and joyfully in acceptance and acknowledgment of the Truth being poured out on us all. Stand on the solid ground and receive the blessings of the Truth. It's yes or no. Now decide where to go. It's hot or its cold. It's either or neither. It really is Life or death for many based on your choice.

The fastest and surest way to turn someone away from real veganism (a lifestyle rooted in the Truthful equality of Life), is to call anyone a vegan and impart the lie of inequality.  <--- These are my words from over 30 years of doing this, listening to others, making mistakes, and getting helped by so many others in every walk of Life. We  fix this world together under the Authority of the Truth or Life in general continues to needlessly suffer and continues to face mutually assured destruction. I'm not feeling okay with the latter.

#95 Old 12-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Beginner's Mind

Aw, a little competition is not the end of the world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidW View Post

Is your desire to lie and and call others labels really more important than people in general getting the Truth?

No.  Labels are not important if you lose the truth.  Truth comes first.  Labels are not important if you find the truth.  They are only labels.

The Secret of NIMH

#96 Old 12-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Banned

It's not enough to find the the Truth. We must accept the Truth as True. Only after we find and choose to accept the Truth do we come to Love the Truth. The Truth is worthy of our love and nothing less is worthy of the Truth.

People run around saying seek the Truth. Well, we found it and the world is still filled with needless suffering.

There is understanding.... very important. And then there is acceptance. The acceptance must be by personal choice or it is not True.

A person who does not immediately reaffirm The Most Important Truth in Life as True before their peers has not yet accepted the Truth.

It's yes or it's no. This is where a reality based conversation starts.

It's amazing how many here want people to stop needlessly hurting the animals and yet do not process basic fact and reason and accept those conclusions while checking their ego at the door. This is a terrible example of how to take personal responsibility for our own choices as presented to others. If you won't take personal responsibility based on what is not only True, but also The Most Important Truth in Life, then why should another take responsibility when presented a Truth by you?

PEACE is Perfect Equality Among Celestial Entities. Lying and calling people vegans and vegetarians is an action stating we are not equal and as such is not a part of PEACE. You can't have it both ways. It's either Peace or it's not. This is what the Truth says and we all are subject to the rules of the Truth.

#97 Old 12-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Popping in to say Emma and I are watching everyone. Always watching....

:notvegan:

:afro:

Werewolf Girl, River and happyme like this.
#98 Old 12-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Veggie Regular

When somebody is perseverating online, the first thing is to recognize it, the second is to stop trying to argue them out of it. They can't help it; it's just the way they see things and the way they express themselves. And there's no real cure or even treatment for a condition the person who has it doesn't consider to be a condition. Unfortunately, it can be a real thread-killer.

imagineaa likes this.
#99 Old 12-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Veggie Regular

What the heck happened to this thread? It seems we are so off topic it's crazy. Maybe we should leave the thread to it's supportive intent?

May you be held in compassion.
May your pain and sorrow be eased.
May you be at peace.

My Blog: www.allie4animals.wix.com/veganliving
#100 Old 12-26-2013, 02:20 PM
Beginner's Mind

Some people can have a little cheese one day and abstain other days.  Not everybody is able to operate that way.  Some need to establish habits.  To give it up, they have to give it up.  Does this make them better bigger egos than people who can just do vegan things when they can?  No, that just works for those people.  So what's wrong with this?  What is wrong with trying to be vegetarian?  We're not all the same.  Everybody has to make sense of themselves in their own way.  It can be difficult.  If feeling proud of what you do helps you to do it, then I say very good; we are proud of you, too.  It is great being a vegetarian!

The Secret of NIMH

#101 Old 12-27-2013, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

MOD POST

I want to remind everyone that VeggieBoards was created because there weren't many vegetarian support sites on the web. This place was to bring vegetarians and vegans together, not separate them. If you cannot control yourself from breaking the rules (and getting infractions), leave the thread. You're not going to change anyone's mind. This is the VEGETARIAN support thread, not the VEGAN support thread. Just like a vegetarian preaching the eating of eggs or dairy in the vegan section would result in an infraction, same goes for here.

#102 Old 12-27-2013, 11:56 PM

I'm a vegetarian because I'm young and I feel it's the best I can do right now.When I'm older and no longer living with my parents, I plan to become vegan.smiley.gif
#103 Old 12-28-2013, 12:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I want to say something as a vegetarian comment on all this. I don't mind reading your vegan's reasoning here, as long as it stays just reasoning and it's not based just on your emotions. Be polite and don't attack us. If we are here, that means that for some reason we think vegetarianism is better than veganism. Is that means that we should be closed on arguments of the other side? No, lack of doubt leads to fanaticism, and that won't help in creating anything positive, cause no one have patent for truth. Just be aware that in this particular forum burden of proof (real proof, not emotional arguments) lays in your hands, not ours, and behave accordingly. We must all remember, that we're not veg*ans for ourselves, and after looking at everything from both sides we will hopefully see better how to achieve our common goal, and that's what really matters.

#104 Old 12-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Veggie Regular

I am vegetarian and not vegan for a couple of reasons

I live in a rural farming town.

It's a lot easier for me. Just being able to get daily items.

I enjoy it more.

Went vegetarian on the 27th December 2013!
#105 Old 12-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been vegetarian for almost 8 years. I tried being vegan twice during that time, each time it lasted several months. I never got comfortable with it. I didn't like asking about every ingredient when I went out, it made me feel like much more of an outsider. I think I could probably deal with those things if I actually thought that avoiding the veggie burger at a restraint I found myself at because it had egg whites made some kind of difference...instead I felt like it just made me seem "difficult" to my dinner companions. I believe in "harm reduction", and I generally avoid dairy and eggs, only consuming things with them when I'm out. I also don't purchase new leather items, however, I do purchase second hand leather. I don't see myself giving vegansim another try. I'm happy with my choice.
Joan Kennedy likes this.
#106 Old 12-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post

I want to say something as a vegetarian comment on all this. I don't mind reading your vegan's reasoning here, as long as it stays just reasoning and it's not based just on your emotions. Be polite and don't attack us. If we are here, that means that for some reason we think vegetarianism is better than veganism. Is that means that we should be closed on arguments of the other side? No, lack of doubt leads to fanaticism, and that won't help in creating anything positive, cause no one have patent for truth. Just be aware that in this particular forum burden of proof (real proof, not emotional arguments) lays in your hands, not ours, and behave accordingly. We must all remember, that we're not veg*ans for ourselves, and after looking at everything from both sides we will hopefully see better how to achieve our common goal, and that's what really matters.

If you would like information as to how the dairy/egg industry works, ask people in the vegan forum. You don't mind reading the reasonings here, but it is against VB rules to have a vegetarian vs vegan debate in the Vegetarian Support forum. If you would like to continue this further, do not discuss it here.

#107 Old 12-31-2013, 12:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

If you would like information as to how the dairy/egg industry works, ask people in the vegan forum. You don't mind reading the reasonings here, but it is against VB rules to have a vegetarian vs vegan debate in the Vegetarian Support forum. If you would like to continue this further, do not discuss it here.

I don't need information on how this industry works, I know. I'm not saying that change is not needed, I'm very far from that, but this change depends on us, and we won't be able to change anything just by turning away and counting that everything will solve itself automagically.

It's a Vegetarian not Vegetarianism support forum, so I thought we should support not ideas but real people, sometimes with real problems. Quote:

"This area of VB is for people who have vegetarian minded questions or who need support with vegetarian issues"

Well, in my world "support" doesn't mean blind agreement to everything. If one wants to commit suicide, buying him a rope won't necessarily be a support. I can easily think about situation, when one have health issues due to milk consumption, or have problems with his conscience, that veganism could solve for him. How inability to post vegan arguments in this forum will help this person? I thought that to post one just needs to follow the rules (from community guidelines rules):

"Ask yourself if your post is supportive and/or constructive before posting.

Never post merely to add negativity to the discussion.

Do not discourage other members from posting".

And my post meant exactly that.

#108 Old 12-31-2013, 08:07 AM

I just got back from the Caribbean and South America.. It would have been excruciating to be on a strict vegan diet. I never consume cheese at home and use vegan alternatives from scratch (sometimes commercial processed products as well). I sometimes will eat a Caesar salad at a restaurant (dressing has egg) but I never cook eggs, and if some delicious bread likely has egg or milk in it, I'm not going to sweat it.

When I travel the world I want to have fun and not stress out how I'm going to eat or concoct odd meals or just eat beans 3x a day (some places I was at had a very limited food options available).

#109 Old 12-31-2013, 12:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Doesn't Caesar dressing usually have anchovies (I.e. fish)? I love it, but I don't eat it anymore because of that.
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#110 Old 12-31-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlend View Post

Doesn't Caesar dressing usually have anchovies (I.e. fish)? I love it, but I don't eat it anymore because of that.
Traditionally, yes.
#111 Old 01-01-2014, 04:43 AM

South America is not difficult on a vegan diet. They often mainly consume rice and beans. What you meant to say is 'I didn't want to just eat rice and beans.'
#112 Old 01-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes Ash, it does.

May you be held in compassion.
May your pain and sorrow be eased.
May you be at peace.

My Blog: www.allie4animals.wix.com/veganliving
#113 Old 01-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Beanitarian

ponyboy, surely you cannot speak for the entire continent?

Beanitarian.
#114 Old 01-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaa View Post

ponyboy, surely you cannot speak for the entire continent?

Ponyboy, I'm sure, speaks for the entire incontinent also. :D

Lv
#115 Old 01-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlend View Post

You could always try a vegetarian or vegan Caesar recipe, it was always one of my favourites too so I was happy to see there were some tasty alternatives. This recipe wouldn't taste exactly the same but looks pretty delicious:

http://www.theppk.com/2013/06/classic-vegan-caesar-with-avocado-chickpeas/

hungry.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#116 Old 01-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Veggie Regular

That salad does look delicious.
#117 Old 01-01-2014, 11:59 PM

I travelled around South America as a meat eater and pretty much survived on rice and beans. Yes Brazil & Argentina eat a lot of beef but there are lots of easy options out there. It's people's not wanting to eat the same staple meals that probably 75% of the South American population eat.

It may well be fairly difficult if you are visiting indigenous tribes in the amazon but even those eat a lot of yams, manioc etc with very small amounts of meat and fish.

I went to Munich and pretty much survived on chips for 4 days because there wasn't much else to eat. It wasn't great but I didn't die or anything and it really didn't affect my enjoyment of visiting the place.
#118 Old 01-02-2014, 01:52 AM

By the way may I add that there is nothing wrong with doing this but I just wanted to point out the difference between 'can't' and 'won't' which the human species tends to get confused an awful lot.
#119 Old 01-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy85 View Post

South America is not difficult on a vegan diet. They often mainly consume rice and beans. What you meant to say is 'I didn't want to just eat rice and beans.'

They don't add lard and chicken stock in South America?

#120 Old 01-06-2014, 12:05 AM

Not into the rice and beans I made or saw them make when eating out. I'm sure if requested they would be able to do it no problem which is the same in most non-western countries.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page