My parents are sick individuals... [Not for the squeamish] - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-18-2004, 05:02 PM

I was taking an afternoon nap when I was awakened by my parents yelling for me to come downstairs. Ugh... so I crawled out of my bed and went downstairs. My mother said "Hey Sara, we've got you something." and pulled out a bag from behind her back. When I saw it I thought immediately... "Eww... please don't let that be what I think it is."

It was indeed what I thought it was... the bones of a rabbit. This was one of those nightmare moments, the kind where you really want to run away and cry, but somehow you just can't bring yourself to move. As I stood there, still unable to move, my mother began explaining how she obtained the rabbit.

Apparently my parents went to visit my aunt while I was sleeping. My aunt's dog had killed a rabbit it was chasing after, decided it didn't feel like eating, and left it. My aunt, instead of burying the poor creature or doing something to dispose of it's body, decided to just leave it there. Weeks went by and the rabbit decomposed.

So as my parents are visiting, my aunt tells them this story. For some reason they decide to investigate and see the bones from themselves. Once they see the skeleton laying there, their first reaction is to decide to put the bones in a ziplock bag and present it to their vegetarian daughter when they get back home.

And that's what they did. This leaves me to wonder just what could possibly be wrong with these people. Apparently they thought this was the most hilarious thing they had ever done... may god have mercy on their souls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-18-2004, 05:08 PM

Oh my goodness. I would be SO mad. that seems like a pretty strange thing for someone to do to anyone, let alone their own daughter. I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around it. I'm sorry you have to put up with that kind of stuff.
#3 Old 04-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Veggie Regular

That's hideous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-18-2004, 05:36 PM
kat
Veggie Regular

Why?

Do you not have a good relationship with them- or are they just a bit backwards?
#5 Old 04-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Thats one of the most horrible things i've ever heard. Your parents are very ill, and you're lucky you came out so much better than them. I'm sorry you have to live with them.
#6 Old 04-18-2004, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

They sound very mature and considerate.
#7 Old 04-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

For some reason stuff like that seems funny to omnis. Someone told me about how their friend got a joke played on them. That person's friends came to their house and filled everything with raw meat...their cupboards/fridge/etc. Bloody meat. Hilarious.

Check out my webcomic! www.GrammarComic.com
#8 Old 04-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow - I am speechless. How insensitive can someone possibly be?

Sorry you have to be in that type of environment Sara.
#9 Old 04-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Weird. Sounds like psychological abuse to me.
#10 Old 04-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd say there's definitely something wrong with them. Ugh. Bury the poor animal, don't go around making a "joke" out of it. It's not even funny. What if it were a human child had been killed by the dog? A life is a life whether it's human or rabbit and it should be treated with respect.
#11 Old 04-18-2004, 08:27 PM

Bizarre...I don't even have a clue what to say, can't even guess their intentions...they obviously wanted to get a rise out of you...and they did...but at what cost? Parents expect kids to respect THEM after crap like this...? Yikes!

Chin up!
#12 Old 04-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Veggie Regular

What the hell is wrong with them? That is horrible!
#13 Old 04-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope this isn't another sweetshorty-like thread. Seems kinda over the top. I'll be the first to say it. Sorry if it's true, though. That's a rough situation.
#14 Old 04-18-2004, 09:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Afternon naps rock my sox.

ohhh...and that's gross if it's really true. It prolly smelt really bad. -_-

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#15 Old 04-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, how very weird and insensitive of them. I mean..hey, dogs do kill other animals, and I can even see your aunt simply allowing the corpse of an animal to decompose in her yard and not wanting to handle a dead animal. But for your parents to get the bones for you to see is just nuts.

Sorry you went through that.

B
#16 Old 04-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Veggie Regular

unfortunatly some people just refuse to try and see things from another's point of view. They probably wanted a reaction, my advise would be to not give them one. Don't run around screaming ewww. Just say something like, next time I come across some rotting fruit I'll be sure to put it in a bag for you. Then walk away. Don't feed their need to see you react.
#17 Old 04-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

That is a pretty sick joke.
#18 Old 04-18-2004, 10:24 PM
Banned

My whole family are omnis and they wouldn't do that to one of their enemies. I have an extra bedroom. You need a place to hide?
#19 Old 04-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Veggie Regular

How incredibly rude and inconsiderate. Actually I can think of a lot worse things to say, but I'm biting my tongue. I think I would have completely lost my lunch AND my cool. I'm sorry you have to deal with that kind of torture.
#20 Old 04-18-2004, 11:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Why the hell would they do that!?! I know a few "I eat animals and proud of it" people who like to bug me but they would never do something like that!! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I don't know how old you are, but just think: when you're 18, you can move out.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#21 Old 04-18-2004, 11:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, they are sick... I'm so sorry, that must've been horrible. I can't believe your parents did that...of all people... That worries me.
#22 Old 04-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Ew. That is pretty sick. But just a comment: remember guys, these people are her parents...just because they did something wrong don't all out bash them
#23 Old 04-18-2004, 11:40 PM

true, but something as gross and disgusting and messed up as this....we dont know them or what not, but that is messed up either way.
#24 Old 04-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Okay, maybe I am the only one here but I do not think that that is really so bad. Kinda gross and immature (especially being that they are your parents), yeah, but it could be worse. I mean, so the dog killed a rabbit. Dogs do that. Maybe they should have properly taken care of the dead rabbit, but they didn't, and it decomposed. It's not like your parents went out and killed a rabbit for the sole purpose of torturing you. Just my two cents.
#25 Old 04-19-2004, 01:41 AM
Veggie Regular

totally unrelated, but this thread reminds me of something from my childhood that I had forgotten about. random story, I know.

I was probably about 7 years old and my parents wanted to get rid of one our cats because he was mean. (Back then we were irresponsible pet owners and didn't take good care of them.) So anyways my mom tells me she found the perfect home for our cat and he was going to go live on a farm and he would be happy for the rest of his life. I didn't want to get rid of the cat and threw a fit and somehow persuaded my mom into letting me go with her when they dropped off that cat at his new home. When we got there they told us to just let him out and he could go explore and that's what we did. And then we went and looked around the property and we were mortified because there were cat skeletons everywhere and the cats that were there (there were a lot of cats) were skin and bones. I remember asking my mom why there were dead cats laying around and she just said they died of old age and I didn't think much of it then though I was very sad to be giving up one of my cats. I remember her telling me dad that we couldn't leave the cat there, but it was too late he was already off somewhere and my dad said he'd be fine. But I still remember seeing all those cat skeletons laying around in the barn.
#26 Old 04-19-2004, 02:24 AM
Veggie Regular

That's like a bizarre horror movie, only it's real.
#27 Old 04-19-2004, 06:52 AM

very sick parents
#28 Old 04-19-2004, 10:26 AM

I cannot even comprehend what kind of parent does that to their child! That is beyond sick!!
#29 Old 04-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry View Post

Okay, maybe I am the only one here but I do not think that that is really so bad. Kinda gross and immature (especially being that they are your parents), yeah, but it could be worse. I mean, so the dog killed a rabbit. Dogs do that. Maybe they should have properly taken care of the dead rabbit, but they didn't, and it decomposed. It's not like your parents went out and killed a rabbit for the sole purpose of torturing you. Just my two cents.

I feel the same way. I am not sure why they showed you if they knew it would bother you. But... I would find it interesting to look at. I might learn something. I had an aunt who loved birds and when she found a pretty one that was dead, she'd put it in the freezer so other people could see it. Strange- yes, twisted or sick- no, I don't think so.
#30 Old 04-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Veggie Regular

I agree with Thalia. I think I would find it interesting. I found a (bleached) deer's skull while out hiking once and took it home and cleaned it so I could look at it. If they knew you would feel that way, then I think it's rude and insensitive of them, but I don't think it's automatically disgusting. Except if the skeleton was partly decomposed and smelled bad.... then it would be disgusting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page