What healthy drink are you having right now? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

#31 Old 08-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Iced Ginger and Hibiscus Tea (freshly brewed using fresh ginger). Spicy and sweet. 

Aristedebook2.gif

imagineaa likes this.

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Okay, I did a bit of a twist on the last drink I posted.

I'm drinking Iced Ginger and Hibiscus Tea with a splash of pure orange juice, sweetened with stevia. Ah! 

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#33 Old 08-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Chai! I love chai.

The way I prepare my chai is to place almond milk or soy milk in a pot with sliced ginger, whole cloves, black peppercorns (or a small sprinkle of ground), some cinnamon stick (or ground cinnamon), whole cardamom pod, vanilla (extract is fine too), and a little demerara sugar. I then bring it to a simmer over low heat and let the spices flavor the milk. When it almost comes to a boil, I turn the heat off and add a tea bag of black tea and let it steep for five minutes. Then I strain the solids and pour into my favorite beaker.

Yummy! 

Aristede:chef:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 08-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Ice water

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#35 Old 08-30-2013, 11:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Sparkling Poland Spring Lime Essence.

I really love these things; I have had a real soda addiction (pepsi max specifically) for years and I am not a big fan of water. However, I am trying hard to get a lot of chemicals out of my diet. These only have Spring Water, Natural Flavors and CO2. Despite not being sweet they really meet my soda desire (apparently the carbonation is something I miss) and the flavors are really good, not too bitter.

#36 Old 08-31-2013, 02:21 AM

I drink alot of water but i love camomile tea and adding honey to sweeten
#37 Old 09-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Beanitarian

Frozen watermelon blended with Truvia, soymilk and ice

Beanitarian.
#38 Old 09-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Chai tea ~ heavenly ~
#39 Old 09-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I drank a La Croix berry-flavored sparking water not too long ago.

Aristede:book:

#40 Old 09-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Beanitarian

Moscato

Beanitarian.
#41 Old 09-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Veggie Regular

unsweetened iced black tea

#42 Old 09-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Banned

Hi,

I always love water. In a addition to my everyday routine, I drink Lemon Water with a teaspoon of pure honey in the morning before taking anything and green tea before going to bed.

-Rosetta

#43 Old 09-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I had some pure Florida orange juice with pulp (of course) not too long ago.

Aristede :book:

#44 Old 09-06-2013, 06:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Some iced elderflower and raspberry tea with stevia

#45 Old 09-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Protein powder, maca, banana, almond milk and ice cubes blended up yummy in the tummy! smiley.gif
#46 Old 09-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Orange juice with a shot of Tennessee whiskey. On the rocks. 

.....Oh, this was the healthy drink thread? 

Aristede :shifty:

#47 Old 09-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

Orange juice with a shot of Tennessee whiskey. On the rocks. 

.....Oh, this was the healthy drink thread? 

Aristede sneaky.gif
hey at least you know your getting your vitamin C smiley.gif
#48 Old 09-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I just had some unsweetened black tea. I think I need to get back to making my ginger-hibiscus tea blend. I miss that. 

#49 Old 09-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Morning sunrise .... lemon water with grated fresh ginger smiley.gif
#50 Old 09-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Beanitarian

Watermelon blackberry frozen smoothie with carrot and soymilk.

I forgot about the cold brewing technique.  Thanks to earlier posts, I've developed a new habit of bringing a water bottle with ice and a teabag in it to work.  By the time I get thirsty, it's brewed.:vebo:  It gives me a little something to look forward to.

Beanitarian.
#51 Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Ice water.

#52 Old 09-15-2013, 07:05 AM
Ankle Biter

Tart cherry juice. I recently read that 4 ounces a day helps relieve inflammation from arthritis. I've been drinking 4 ounces a day for the past week, and son of a gun, I think it might work. We moved a few weeks back, and all the pulling apart boxes and lifting aggravated the arthritis in my hands (I do not have a bad case, I'm lucky). While I'm sure getting settled helped, this juice may have helped as well.
Aristede likes this.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#53 Old 09-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Beanitarian

Tart cherry juice...that sounds SO good.  I am a huge fan of sour cherries.

I've been having more iced herbal teas.  How have I gone this far in life w/o knowing how delicious this is?  I've had peach and blueberry recently.

Beanitarian.
#54 Old 09-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Tart cherry juice. I recently read that 4 ounces a day helps relieve inflammation from arthritis. I've been drinking 4 ounces a day for the past week, and son of a gun, I think it might work. We moved a few weeks back, and all the pulling apart boxes and lifting aggravated the arthritis in my hands (I do not have a bad case, I'm lucky). While I'm sure getting settled helped, this juice may have helped as well.

I love tart cherry juice, but it's a bit expensive. I like to drink it as is, put it in smoothies, or mix it with soy ice cream or lemonade (with some additional sweetener like stevia). It's good to hear that you're getting relief for your arthritis. Cherry juice has great antioxidants.

#55 Old 09-15-2013, 08:20 PM

Vickie and I both have colds, so I juiced up an awesome immune booster. Spinach, pineapple, orange, ginger and lemon. Yum!
#56 Old 09-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

#57 Old 09-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Chamomile tea smiley.gif
#58 Old 09-28-2013, 12:43 PM

A nice green juice: kale, spinach, carrot, pineapple, pear, apple, orange, lemon, ginger.  Yum!

#59 Old 09-28-2013, 12:47 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Picture time!! Don't drive yet....I should be but....yeah not been working out, so I walked all the way to a Rite Aid off campus, got some prescriptions and also did some shopping. I was happy they had this because I remember trying the original flavor at a vegfest. This stuff is awesome. It has aloe vera chunks in it. Coolest drink ever. Not super healthy because it has added sugar, but it's like 30% juice. Good enough right?

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#60 Old 09-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never tasted aloe vera before, but I've seen aloe vera drinks in the stores before.

As for driving, I personally dislike it, but fortunately I live in a big city with great public transportation options.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page