Fraudulent Physicians - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 08-03-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abombthecoder View Post

I have tardive parkisons (permanent non-degenerative ) at age 28 because a doctor prescribed an extremely dangerous drug as a first line treatment again an upset stomach, which eating more kale later cured. The doctor didn't know the drug was dangerous, but a 2 minute google search would have told him reglan should never be prescribed as  a first line treatment against upset stomachs and only when every other possibility has failed. Of course I wasn't able to get a law suit going because my condition wasn't severe enough but I suffer everyday because of it. The doctor still practices and wants to nothing to do with me. I see doctors as like car mechanics. There's good ones and bad ones, but the bad ones can cripple you. Beware. 

Ezzactly. Good and bad in regard to knowledge and craftsmanship, and good and bad in regard to commitment to telling only the truth.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Beanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamizushi View Post

Actually, if you take a look on pubmed, there is plenty of research being done on nutrition(mostly financed by governments). It's not the research that's lacking, it's the training for physicians.

Thank you for posting that.

The problem is not with science.  Facts are available.

Furthermore, we don't know when the story in the OP occurred.  That type of advice was quite common in recent decades.  The physician most likely was just repeating what he had been taught in medical school. 

There are wackos in all professions.  Thankfully more recent generations are taught to get second opinions.  In the past, parents were told to accept what doctors told them as biblical fact.  Failure to get second opinions is a major problem.

The limits of medical school is a problem much of society is unaware of.  This is why we see doctors being interviewed in the media as experts on healthcare reform when they have no healthcare business education whatsoever, why there is currently a major public health effort to teach physicians how to recognize substance abuse (because it's at the root of a LOT of avoidable medical problems/expenses but they are not taught to assess for it), and the nutrition issue--to name a few.

Beanitarian.
#33 Old 08-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Being a doctor is like being a friend, you have to accept your patient's lifestyle if it is within reasonable limits. Doctors must never use fallacy, leave alone use it to scare people. If this person's knowledge is indeed limited to what he told you I feel sorry for him. Vegetarian diet has all the essential nutrients the body needs, more so it gets absorbed into the body much quicker and also keeps your stomach happy because its easy to digest, in the process giving you more energy. There are superfoods in leaves that perhaps can be found in nothing else.

I've been in this forum long enough to say our way of life must be accepted more easily. I'm happy that in my country it is natural as over 35% are vegetarians. Doctors never hold it against us, and all restaurants have separate menus for us. This convenience must exist world over and its all a function of demand, the more we are in number the more we can prove such theories wrong. This way of life is natural to me and I will never tolerate snide remarks about it.

The earth has enough resources for everyones need but not their greed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page