Two. Questions - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Don't Eat Animals.

Here they are:

1). WHERE DOES IT END?

I just saw on the news where a company in New Mexico is going to open a processing plant to process, pack and ship horse meat overseas. Really?!!! Who in there right (omnivore) mind would eat a horse? Why isn't the local community up in arms about this? How LOW have we sunk, as a society, to start eating horse meat?

I did a GOOGLE search for "Chinese receipes" a few months ago.....and it turned into a "Koreans Eat Dogs" video library. I was literally emotionally scarred for a week afterward. It affected my sleep.

So, where does it end?

2). WHAT COUNTRY IS MOST VEG FRIENDLY?

With respect to the above.....you know, anything to make a buck.....I am totally disgusted with the food policies, eating habits, obesity, etc. connected with the US. We let big business dictate the dietary standards by which they can sell us crap food, that makes us all sick, that leads to a health care crisis. A veg*n is seen as a freak, and vegans are from another solar system. Bill Maher recently commented that he would rather be gay than veg*n. (Not that there's anything wrong with that). He said "We are Americans. We need to eat meat".

So, what country has the best veg*n policies, or are most veg*n friendly? Lemme know, maybe I'll move / retire there.

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Horses, dogs, or cows, no difference, just different cultures each with their reasons. Eating cows is even more mad than eating dogs for some.

Most veg friendly countries would be in sout east asia, thailand for example, mainly due to the easy availability of fruits and veggies at affordable price. Not to say you won't be proposed insects.

India is ok as well, albeit very fish prone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#3 Old 07-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOFUVEGMAN View Post

Here they are:

1). WHERE DOES IT END?

I just saw on the news where a company in New Mexico is going to open a processing plant to process, pack and ship horse meat overseas. Really?!!! Who in there right (omnivore) mind would eat a horse? Why isn't the local community up in arms about this? How LOW have we sunk, as a society, to start eating horse meat?

I did a GOOGLE search for "Chinese receipes" a few months ago.....and it turned into a "Koreans Eat Dogs" video library. I was literally emotionally scarred for a week afterward. It affected my sleep.

So, where does it end?
Do you feel particularly upset about the horses and dogs because of their relationship with humans? Examine that within yourself for a bit. I know you are veg*n, and that is FANTASTIC but think about the speciest trap you just fell into. It should be equally obscene that people eat pigs for how brilliant they are, cows for how emotional they are, lambs for how beautiful they are, and veal for how young they are. Yet we do, and that is a social norm. In the Western World we find the eating of dogs and (in some parts of the WW) horses to be more wrong. Not because they are more extraordinary than pigs and cows, but because we share our homes (or paddocks) with them.

It ends with you. You changed. Every (ethical) vegetarian/vegan is part of the end. Agrigentum was part of this elusive end in ancient times, Mark Twain and Henry Burgh in the 19th century, you, me, and so many members are the contemporary "ends".

When "The Cove" came out omnis were outraged that human beings still ate dolphins, and the deplorable way they were murdered. Yet most omnis then had an animal for dinner, who is capable of an equally rich and fulfilling a life as a dolphin.

Focus on not what hasn't changed, but what has. And be vocal. If you want to know when it will end, garner more people to want it to.
Quote:
2). WHAT COUNTRY IS MOST VEG FRIENDLY?

With respect to the above.....you know, anything to make a buck.....I am totally disgusted with the food policies, eating habits, obesity, etc. connected with the US. We let big business dictate the dietary standards by which they can sell us crap food, that makes us all sick, that leads to a health care crisis. A veg*n is seen as a freak, and vegans are from another solar system. Bill Maher recently commented that he would rather be gay than veg*n.

So, what country has the best veg*n policies, or are most veg*n friendly? Lemme know, maybe I'll move / retire there.

I believe Germany, Austria, or Bolivia. (I mention Bolivia because they are one of the two countries that do not permit animals to be used in circuses, along with I believe Austria)

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Veggie Regular

what's wrong with eating horses that's not also wrong about eating other animals?
#5 Old 07-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirpkatze View Post

what's wrong with eating horses that's not also wrong about eating other animals?
Eating ANY animal is wrong. My point was that our culture isn't satisfied with the "mainstream" meat sources any more.....and is now venturing into eating horses? The status quo is alarming enough....now this. What's next?

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#6 Old 07-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Veggie Regular

i see it as people becoming less hypocritical. i doubt it'll increase the demand for meat
#7 Old 07-01-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOFUVEGMAN View Post

Eating ANY animal is wrong. My point was that our culture isn't satisfied with the "mainstream" meat sources any more.....and is now venturing into eating horses? The status quo is alarming enough....now this. What's next?

Actually, there's nothing to say in your original statement that the New Mexico company is going to sell its meat to other americans. On the contrary, you say it is "going to . . .  ship horse meat overseas." I think America is safe from that just yet - despite the greed of the NM packers and shippers. It will no doubt be shipping to a country which already has a desire for horsemeat.

Agreed, eating ANY animal is 'wrong' - to vegetarians, that is. Most of the world, however, eats meat - sad but true - and to some cultures horsemeat IS acceptable. *sigh*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page