Cat hiding under my tires! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-24-2013, 03:39 PM

Was backing out of my driveway today when I suddenly heard what sounded like a shrieking baby huh.gif I poke my head out the window and see it is a cat, a midsized one, and he's thrashing around like his insides are on fire.

By the time I got back home about an hour later he was already dead. For some reason I assumed that I just ran over one of his limbs and that he would live. I kind of feel like a jerk today sad.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Why didn't you stop and get help for the cat?  A run-over limb can still be excruciating and deadly.  It's even possible he couldn't get away because of his injuries and someone else hit him next.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#3 Old 06-24-2013, 04:22 PM

I realize accidents happen and I don't like to make people feel worse but...  You just drove off and left it there. Why didn't you stop as soon as you realized what had happened?  blank.gif I once saw a cat get run over. It was the most horrifying thing I have ever seen, in person. It's haunted me for years and I wasn't even the one to do it. Poor kitty.

sam alshebany likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

i can never understand how someone can hit an animal and not even bother checking on it.
#5 Old 06-25-2013, 12:43 AM

guys my mother drives what should she watch out for before she drives and other important things about driving so that we won't hit anyone?

#6 Old 06-25-2013, 02:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzrw View Post

Was backing out of my driveway today when I suddenly heard what sounded like a shrieking baby huh.gif I poke my head out the window and see it is a cat, a midsized one, and he's thrashing around like his insides are on fire.

By the time I got back home about an hour later he was already dead. For some reason I assumed that I just ran over one of his limbs and that he would live. I kind of feel like a jerk today sad.gif

Unfortunately, cats often sleep beneath cars, because after use the engines give off heat.

One of my cats was killed by a visitor when she slept under his car, he pulled away really quickly and crushed her head - he felt terrible about it afterwards.

I advice all my visitors to *rev the engine* a couple of times before *slowly* pulling away, to give any possible napping cats a chance to wake up and get out of the way.

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#7 Old 06-25-2013, 03:22 AM
Veggie Regular

you have to be more careful, I dont understand that either, why did you not get out as soon as it happen and check on, it.Poor Kitty Rip

#8 Old 06-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Banned

Horrible
#9 Old 06-25-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
POST DELETED

Whoops. I see that I went again rules and tos - just reread about troll name-calling. Apologies all round :(

#10 Old 06-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzrw View Post

You leave an animal thrashing that you obviously knew you hit with your car?

[Comment Deleted.]

Of course if it were a child you'd have more of a chance of just injuring it--they are bigger.

What I find more reprehensible is that you thought only a limb was alright. A cat would have done well with vet care if it had just been a limb. Driving away meant much time in prolonged agony. I'm glad it was dead by the time you got back, hopefully soon after being hit.

khadijah and sam alshebany like this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#11 Old 06-26-2013, 04:14 AM
Veggie Regular

I dont know why the person would even post this, they know people are not going to be happy about this.

veggie-cat likes this.
#12 Old 06-26-2013, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHADIJAH View Post

I dont know why the person would even post this, they know people are not going to be happy about this.

Hi khadija I live in the middleast too :) 

#13 Old 06-26-2013, 04:50 AM
Veggie Regular

were about. im in cairo.

#14 Old 06-26-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHADIJAH View Post

were about. im in cairo.

Jordan :)

#15 Old 06-26-2013, 05:53 AM

Sweet to hear veganism is important to my middle eastern brothers and sisters.
#16 Old 06-26-2013, 07:15 AM
Impeach the gangster

MOD POST- Name-calling and other personal attacks are not permitted. Those who are offended by this thread should have reported it to the moderators, not resorted to personal attacks. This thread is under review, but it would have been so much sooner, if you had reported it.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page