More thanks than I can express... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-11-2004, 01:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey everybody...

Today is my two month anniversary of going vegetarian. It was kind of hard with all the meat cravings and everything at first, but now it's sooooo much easier. I don't even find meat appetizing anymore.

I just wanted to let you all know how glad I am to have stumbled across VB over a month ago. I honestly don't think I would have made it through that really tough transition phase if it weren't for all you beautiful marvelous people here.

I truly adore all of you and you've had a huge impact on my life. If your goal was to turn somebody on to a new way of eating (and more importantly, thinking) than you are extremely successful. I'd probably have gone back to eating meat without giving it a second thought if it weren't for everybody here...so...

Thanks a million,

Kristy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-11-2004, 01:32 AM
Veggie Regular

#3 Old 04-11-2004, 01:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow! How nice! Congratulations on your achievement!

If it wasn't for the boards that used to be at Vegan Outreach (and VB 1 and 2 after that) I'm positive I wouldn't be vegan today.

People who go veg*n without knowing veg*ns in real life and without the aid of the internet must truly be amazing people! The internet is just such a great resource for minorities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Veggie Regular

yay!
#5 Old 04-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Aww!
#6 Old 04-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Rock on, Sun! I'm glad this has been a good experience for you. Personally, I've enjoyed your contributions and insights. I'm glad we (the collective) could have a supportive effect for you.

I'm always glad when the Veggie Kingdom gains a new member; especially so when the person is compassionate and intelligent.

May the light of a thousand Gandalfs be with you,

Dr. Schmeebis
#7 Old 04-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

How nice!

These boards have been a great help with my journey as well. Before you know it, you will be celebrating your annual.
#8 Old 04-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Veggie Regular

awww!

Newbies like this I like!......soooo sweet and sincere! =)
#9 Old 04-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Veggie Regular

It's truly 100% sincere. Everybody here has been wonderful to me. And there are several people I've pm'd (you all know who you are) with the stupidest questions and not a single person made me feel belittled or dumb.

Mikie...you said it best with the word "minority." I'm so glad that after a dinner out at a restaurant with omni friends I can come home, hop on here, and realize that there's a great support system for what I'm trying to do.

Dr. Schmeebis...thank you for all you said. That's very sweet and greatly appreciated.

And especially...thanks Michael...this place has been a god-send.
#10 Old 04-12-2004, 01:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I remember being pretty "green" at this a couple of years ago (yeah, pun intended), and support is incredibly important, IMO. Glad we could be here for you.
#11 Old 04-12-2004, 02:09 AM
Veggie Regular

yay! I have to agree..

before I went veg, I thought it was about not eating meat and supporting animal rights. I thought it was pretty much a solitary thing...

but it's a whole culture! and a wonderful, positive, welcoming, culture at that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page