What are some foods that you hate? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Banned

I hate durian, it is disgusting. It stinks and it tastes awful. I also hate celery if it is raw, in its cooked state it is fine. My husband hates tempeh. Oh okra, I can't stand it because it is slimy. I hate sweet and sour tofu/stir fry. So 'fess up what are some foods that you hate?

ETA: not a fan of wheat berries either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-03-2013, 09:43 PM

Canalope,okra,tempeh and barbecue sauce.Yuck:-P

I'm Snowqueen,clean,green,and not to be seen.For now.
#3 Old 02-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Millet

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Baby Love

Yeah, barbecue sauce is nasty. Even worse is BBQ flavored chips. They taste like vomit to me. I also really dislike citrus flavored desserts (key lime pie, lemon bars, orange chocolate) and meringue is just odd and not my thing. I like most foods on their own, but don't always like how they are combined with other things in the recipe. Case in point ... orange and chocolate are awesome separately, but once they are mixed, I'll pass.

#5 Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Great thread idea!

Eggplant, cooked celery, tempeh, and brussel sprouts

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#6 Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Veggie Regular

onions
#7 Old 02-03-2013, 11:22 PM

So much hate on tempeh! Love it.

I hate tomatoes by themselves. I love salsa, and pretty much anything that has tomatoes in it, but stand alone or in slices on a sandwich they're terrible.

#8 Old 02-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Beginner

Fennel. Bler.
#9 Old 02-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I like this subject.

Banana peppers. When a dish or sandwich has banana peppers it ruins it for me. I can't ignore the taste. It's like trying to enjoy a nice piece of music with a baby crying right next to me. 

Popcorn. One of the most overrated foods. Very little substance and doesn't taste particularly good unless you go crazy with your own seasonings. 

Fries. I don't hate them, but they are just really boring, stodgy and often greasy. I like English chips, though, which is sort of like a fry except way better. 

#10 Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervehold View Post

I hate tomatoes by themselves. I love salsa, and pretty much anything that has tomatoes in it, but stand alone or in slices on a sandwich they're terrible.

Even stand alone canned tomatoes? 

#11 Old 02-04-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Even stand alone canned tomatoes? 

If I make a chili or stew out of them, they're fine. By themselves... spew.gif

#12 Old 02-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Ocra.   Blech.

#13 Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amira23 View Post

Ocra.   Blech.

Yes. And brussel sprous, no matter how fresh or yummily roasted. shocked.gif
#14 Old 02-04-2013, 05:42 AM

Olives

These things should be banned.

#15 Old 02-04-2013, 05:43 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:

So much hate on tempeh! Love it.

Inlike to pick a nice red tomato off the vine, still warm from the sun, and sprinkle a little salt. Tastes nothing like those pink things in the grocery.
#16 Old 02-04-2013, 06:36 AM
Poo Pie Head

Foods I hate:

Mushrooms

Almonds

Kale

Tofu (that hasn't been flavoured a bit and cooked well. Otherwise I eat lots of it and enjoy it quite a bit)

Brussel Sprouts.

Foods I can't live without:

Brocolli

Jalepenos

Spinach

Well seasoned Tofu

Almonds

BBQ sauce

Yeah, I know. I'm a bad vegan for not liking Kale and mushrooms and whatnot LOL. (Just say NO! {to vegan stereotypes ;) })

#17 Old 02-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

Yes. And brussel sprous, no matter how fresh or yummily roasted. shocked.gif

I can eat exactly 2 brussel sprouts, then I'm done for months.

#18 Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 AM

I'm not real fond of cucumbers. Or daikon. Or beets.

#19 Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:

Inlike to pick a nice red tomato off the vine, still warm from the sun, and sprinkle a little salt. Tastes nothing like those pink things in the grocery.

We had a couple tomato plants over the summer. I 've tried em all and I hate them all haha

It took me forever to like brussel sprouts but after much force feeding i finally like them.

#20 Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:

Quote:

We had a couple tomato plants over the summer. I 've tried em all and I hate them all haha

It took me forever to like brussel sprouts but after much force feeding i finally like them.

I gave up on the brussel sprouts, for good. grin.gif
#21 Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 AM

Any of the imitation meats - tofurky, 'chicken' nuggets, etc... blegh. Gross and expensive. I prefer delicious hearty natural foods like a portabella burger instead of making an imitation burger. Seitan, ick.

And cucumbers, watery, tasteless, waste of space in my fridge!

#22 Old 02-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Olives and Mushrooms gross me out.  It seems all veggie pizzas come with the and I always have to ask for them to leave them out.

#23 Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Banned

Tofu and soymilk. 

I get really sad when I get a veggie dish full of tofu chunks that were not disclosed on the menu, seems like some cooks think that's all we eat!

yogurt too, smells like moldy trash to me :/

#24 Old 02-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Zelda Freak

Cooked mushrooms, brussel sprouts, most nuts, raisins in cookies, green olives, kale (I don't get the whole kale obsession), fruit candy, potato chips, hard alcohol (I do like beer), berries in stuff like pies or jelled or made into syrup (only whole fresh berries), white rice, mock sausage, frosting unless extremely light or any canned vegetables.  

I also hate stuff like sour cream, cottage cheese, yogurt (vegan or regular - not a fan of weird dairy/alt dairy items) - I do like vegan cream cheese in cheese cake but I'd never eat it plain, like on toast (blah). 

I'm REALLY picky. I hate a lot of food. I could never travel a lot because it's hard to feed me at home, let alone on the go in weird places. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#25 Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Veggie Regular

This is the first time I've heard from cucumber haters. I have a mind to go eat a whole cucumber by itself in a minute (coincidentally). 

#26 Old 02-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Banned

I hate beer. I do love almost all alcohols except for Gin which I will not drink at all. I love yogurt, cream cheese, tofu, soy milk, beets (I like the greens better), kale is OK...I love frosting on cake, seitan....Oh rose flavored candy (Turkish Delight I think) that was so nasty. I hate Ragu pasta sauces. I usually make my own pasta sauce because it always tastes better. I love tomatoes. Sour cream mixed with salsa bothers me when you are eating chips. Keep it separate. Ugh. I will only eat roasted Brussels Sprouts roasted. I love all olives. I love chocolate with citrus. I hate meringue too. Disgusting. I do love angel food cake. I love all nuts. Oh spaghetti squash... evil nasty stuff there. I will not eat it at all. Bleh! I love BBQ sauce.

ETA: I love cucumbers!

I just thought of another one...Spinach with ketchup is really nasty. My MIL eats it like that and I tried it and thumbsdown.gif spew.gif

#27 Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 AM

I could eat bbq sauce on just about anything ... except cucumbers.

#28 Old 02-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaul View Post

I could eat bbq sauce on just about anything ... except cucumbers.

laugh.gif

#29 Old 02-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Banned

Oh I love mushrooms, eggplant, cantaloupe, onions, banana peppers...Fennel and millet are okay. I like millet in baked foods mainly.

ETA: I love citrus desserts.

Another one, I don't really like papaya.

I hate canned spinach and canned asparagus, yuck.

#30 Old 02-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I'll throw pretzels (except the big soft ones), peanuts and potato chips into the boring/overrated foods category. Also baked potatoes. Baked potatoes never seem to cool down enough and you have to add a bunch of ingredients to make them taste decent. I really like roasted potatoes, potato curries, potato soups, potato bread, potato gnocchi, and potato dumplings though. 

runnerjenny likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page