What are some foods that you hate? - Page 8 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#211 Old 11-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Avocado

Cow's milk

Ice cream (I'm OK with vegan ice cream). I guess it's me being able to taste the milk that makes me hate regular ice cream.

Yogurt (both vegan and non-vegan)

I hate cheese on everything except pizza, and grilled sandwiches. And I only like mozzarella. The smell of cheese on pasta makes me want to throw up.

Spinach

Pears

Mustard

Raw onion (love sautéed onion)

Green olives

Doughnuts

I dislike most candy

Pop (soda)

Beet

Pumpkin

Baked pasta (not so much because of the taste but because of the texture)

White rice

Love sweet potato fries, but hate sweet potato cooked any other way.

Quinoa

Pineapple

I'm OK with carrots on vegetable rice if they're in very tiny pieces, other than that I don't like them.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 Old 11-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

My various vegan brownies

avocado

cilantro

I just made yet another recipe for brownies. My sons, again, like them. I'm again, disgusted.

I may not try again...and I so loved brownies.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#213 Old 11-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

This really isn't vegan but Mayonaise, oh my gosh, I can't stand it! It is disgusting. Also I hate hate hate parmesan cheese, actually I hate most cheeses except cottage cheese, but parmesan is the worst. And when I ate  Chicken parm one time I almost spit it out, it was disgusting! I hope this doesn't sound mean but I really dislke Italian food and Italian sauces and seasonings. I don't know why but it just does nothing for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#214 Old 11-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Veggie Regular

I can't remember if I mentioned yogurt in this thread. I can't understand how anyone can eat that stuff. It's not just that I dislike the taste like with other foods (see the tempeh comment above). The couple of times I tried it, yogurt actually set off my gag reflex, so I really had a very hard time even swallowing it, and gave up quickly.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#215 Old 11-04-2013, 11:50 AM

I don't hate any food, but I can't eat these: mushrooms, papaya, mango, guava and melon. Some canned peas are horrible too, but I eat fresh peas all the time. Unlike most people tho, I love olives :D

#216 Old 11-04-2013, 12:20 PM

fresh tomato by itself, unless its super sweet

#217 Old 12-29-2013, 06:30 PM

Reading this thread lets me know just how lucky I am.  There are so many things that others here hate but I really like.

When I used to eat shrimp (rarely) I liked fried okra better.  Vegetables are the best foods ever.

Fruits are good but veggies are even better.  People at work even tease me in a friendly way about the salads I eat almost every day.

I don't know of anything I hate but I can take it or leave it when it comes to ice cream, cake, and pie but put a danish or bear claw (I hope a bear claw is vegetarian even though the name includes the name for a mammal. :) ) in front of me and watch out.

#218 Old 12-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWS View Post

Reading this thread lets me know just how lucky I am.  There are so many things that others here hate but I really like.

When I used to eat shrimp (rarely) I liked fried okra better.  Vegetables are the best foods ever.

Fruits are good but veggies are even better.  People at work even tease me in a friendly way about the salads I eat almost every day.

I don't know of anything I hate but I can take it or leave it when it comes to ice cream, cake, and pie but put a danish or bear claw (I hope a bear claw is vegetarian even though the name includes the name for a mammal. :) ) in front of me and watch out.

Veggie are awesome. I love fruits and veggie more everyday.

But pie....oh that's my favorite dessert. I also adore bear claws. I'm going to try experimenting with more dessert (or quasi-dessert) recipes that use fruit or vegetables. 

Aristede:book:

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#219 Old 12-29-2013, 10:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh my I hate kale with a passion, it makes me want to vomit!!!

Went vegetarian on the 27th December 2013!
#220 Old 12-29-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carley View Post

Oh my I hate kale with a passion, it makes me want to vomit!!!
Now that's just crazy talk. cool3.gif

Personally, I can't stand avocado. I even hate touching it if I slice it for somebody.
#221 Old 12-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

I do love kale, but, I've had some pretty awful kale!

I've tried growing it and it was only good when really young, and the ones labeled local at farmers markets were really tough and bitter.

Don't know if it's the soil or variety.

Yes, avocados are the poop of plants. I get queasy just looking at one.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#222 Old 01-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Scrambled eggs make me gag unless cooked exactly right (for me, this means they can't be at all overcooked or have any brown spots.) I won't order eggs or omelets in restaurants because of this, only cook them myself at home.

#223 Old 02-17-2014, 06:04 PM

olives and cilantro

#224 Old 02-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Veggie Regular

cilantro

cottage cheese

mint

liquorice

yogurt

sundried tomatos

eggs

whip cream and frosting

most desserts and chocolates.( I dont have a sweet tooth at all)

raw red and white onions. (I love them cooked)

mock meats (they creepy me out, too realistic)

#225 Old 02-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Plant/Fungi based.

Broccoli

Butter

Artichokes

Brussel Sprouts

Onions

Celery

Cooked Carrots(love em raw)

Tomatoes

#226 Old 02-18-2014, 03:28 AM

Most foods I don't like I can still manage to eat in order to be polite, e.g. aubergine / egg plant.

BUT I hate bananas to the point that I can't bear to touch one, or eat anything that may have been near one. Mean people used to chase me round the office with the skins. And the SMELL...! :spew:and I can easily taste the "half a banana" in an innocent smoothie, even though people try to tell me I can't.

Also can't physically hold down cucumber or melon. Courgette and marrow makes me heave if I'm forced to eat too much, bleurgh! 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://www.facebook.com/flash.gordonette.5

Twitter: @Flashgordonette

#227 Old 02-18-2014, 04:20 PM

Toffuti American cheese slices - Nasty!  Mind you - it's the only flavour I've tried in this brand, so maybe I should give the others a go.

Tempeh - I want to like it, but just can't. Maybe it's the way I cook it. 

Baked beans - canned - it's a texture thing.  I don't like kidney beans andd friends  very much at all because of the texture, but I'm learning to tolerate them.

#228 Old 02-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

Yeah, barbecue sauce is nasty. Even worse is BBQ flavored chips. They taste like vomit to me. I also really dislike citrus flavored desserts (key lime pie, lemon bars, orange chocolate) and meringue is just odd and not my thing. I like most foods on their own, but don't always like how they are combined with other things in the recipe. Case in point ... orange and chocolate are awesome separately, but once they are mixed, I'll pass.

I can't find bbq chips that are actually vegetarian-friendly. All the one's I've found have had chicken/beef powder in them.

#229 Old 02-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliaBeth1224 View Post

I can't find bbq chips that are actually vegetarian-friendly. All the one's I've found have had chicken/beef powder in them.

I'm not sure what year that you're quoting me from, but the regular Lay's BBQ chips supposedly do not/did not contain meat products. The baked Lays' version does. I wouldn't recommend eating either, though.

#230 Old 02-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Which explains that! My mom only buys baked Chips.
#231 Old 02-27-2014, 12:06 PM

I absolutely hate  brussel sprouts and raisins.. And I have allergy on nuts..

#232 Old 02-27-2014, 03:52 PM
Bracing for snow

I've never met a food I dislike (hence I weigh too much wink3.gif )

Ken
Huffy likes this.
#233 Old 02-28-2014, 08:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny Mey View Post

I absolutely hate  brussel sprouts and raisins.. And I have allergy on nuts..
I like raisins. I've never actually tried brussel sprouts. I keep hearing how much other people hate them, so I figure if the majority hates them, they aren't worth going out of my way to try them.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#234 Old 02-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Meat Free Since Dec 2013!

Zucchini.  I loathe the stuff.  Ever noticed how EVERY restaurant in America serves it in with their "mixed vegetables"?  Any time I hear "vegetables" without an explanation of what it is (squash, beans, etc.) I brace myself for the zucchini to arrive on the scene.  Also not real happy about celery and beets!

#235 Old 02-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok, I have a new one - feta cheese. I think I'd rejected it in the past, but didn't really remember. But my office brought in lunch for everyone today from a sandwich place, and the veg option was a "Mediterranean sandwich" that includes feta. This stuff is gross. One more non-vegan food I can make a point of avoiding from now on.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#236 Old 02-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Veggie Regular

cilantro
asparagus
cooked bell peppers
kale, I imagine noxious weeds would taste similarly
rhubarb
ginger
horseradish
#237 Old 02-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I like raisins. I've never actually tried brussel sprouts. I keep hearing how much other people hate them, so I figure if the majority hates them, they aren't worth going out of my way to try them.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
Brussels sprouts are delicious. Just don't overcook them. Spicy dijon mustard is a good topping, but that requires liking mustard.
#238 Old 03-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Cilantro; it tastes like soap.
#239 Old 03-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cienerose View Post

Cilantro; it tastes like soap.
You may already be aware that the soap taste may be genetic.

http://www.nature.com/news/soapy-taste-of-coriander-linked-to-genetic-variants-1.11398
Quote:
Dislike of coriander has long been thought to be a partly inherited trait and not just an artefact of cultural practices and exposure to the herb. Charles Wysocki, a behavioural neuroscientist at the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, says that surveys of hundreds of twins he conducted beginning in the early 2000s at the annual Twins Days festival in Twinsburg, Ohio, suggests that coriander preference is influenced by genes. He found that about 80% of identical twins shared the same preference for the herb. But fraternal twins (who share about half their genome) agreed only about half the time. “Strong evidence suggests there's a heritable component to the reactions that people have to cilantro, whether you're a hater or a lover,” he says.

The article goes on to say that crushing the cilantro in a pesto sauce may eliminate some soapy taste.
#240 Old 03-03-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

--Fromper
juggle.gif

My brother loves them. I just dont like the taste. And the smell.  I'd rather use some cooked brussel sprouts in salads, just a bit. It actually goes pretty well if properly seasoned but I guess I;d better check for some proper ways of cooking it. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page