what do you eat when you dont have energy or time to eat for some WOEMA! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-13-2012, 03:20 AM
Veggie Regular

was wondering what foods or snacks you would eat if you are low on energy, too busy or just plain lazy to cook.

must be easy and quick.

hungry.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-13-2012, 05:53 AM

nuts, raisins, and bananas for me

#3 Old 12-13-2012, 06:24 AM
Ankle Biter

PB & Banana sandwich

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Trail mix, banana or apple or celery and peanut butter and raisins, burrito with refried beans fillng, hummus and baby carrots and pita, bagged salad greens with a can of beans and some croutons, protein shake, melted daiya and maybe sliced tomato on pita or tortilla in toaster oven. Now I'm hungry. smiley.gif
#5 Old 12-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Zelda Freak

My honest answer would be coffee and fruit. NOT a good suggestion though, but I do that a lot. I'm really lazy about eating enough, especially in the mornings. 

Trying to break this habit though, so, lately I've been keeping some veggie soup on hand. I don't like canned foods because of the chemicals, but soup is healthier than just coffee and super fast. I've also been making some cream of wheat - not the original kind, I buy the Bobs Red Mill kind which is good with soy milk. I also keep pea pods, carrots and other fast veggies in the fridge. 

Oh, also Trader Joe's has some microwaveable brown rice in their frozen area, which cooks in like 3 mins. I make that, toss in some veggies and orange sauce or other stir fry sauce, add some fruit on the side and call it a day. 

When my son is here I always cook, but when he's at his dad's I get hyper lackadaisical about eating. The above stuff helps.

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#6 Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I keep stuff like granola bars or other types of semi-healthy snack bars at my desk at work. I always make a point of taking a lunch break, but this is for when I need something between meals.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#7 Old 12-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I find peanut butter works great as well as avo and cottage cheese on crackers.

made my first green smoothie yesterday and think one a day is def going to be a must.

#8 Old 12-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

I have a naked juice smoothie.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page