Stupid Things Omnivores Say, Version 6.0 - Page 99 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1957Likes

#2941 Old 06-25-2015, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasminedesi16 View Post
Im one next step to blocking because now he is posting pictures of plants saying how I am so cruel to the poor plants :S
Don't you love how they jump from one flimsy "argument" to another, completely ignoring the points you bring up?
Jasminedesi16 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2942 Old 06-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah and they just get angrier and angrier. This is a FB group I am in and the admin of the group has told me I need to stop posting in the thread because I'm offending people or I will be banned from the group. So basically they are all allowed to argue me but I am not allowed to argue with them. And this person was saying nasty things about vegans before I even commented but somehow that's okay. And this is a thread where everyone is saying how disgusting Chinese are for eating dog!
#2943 Old 06-25-2015, 09:38 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Yeah and they just get angrier and angrier. This is a FB group I am in and the admin of the group has told me I need to stop posting in the thread because I'm offending people or I will be banned from the group. So basically they are all allowed to argue me but I am not allowed to argue with them. And this person was saying nasty things about vegans before I even commented but somehow that's okay. And this is a thread where everyone is saying how disgusting Chinese are for eating dog!
That is ridiculous, but I have heard of it happening before, the veg getting banned. :/

Maybe they want to play some BINGO?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2944 Old 06-25-2015, 10:00 AM
Veggie Regular

They have literally hit all of these! They even started saying how Vegetarians are hypocrites because vegetables are fertilized with slaughtered animals. That is your argument for eating animals?! Seriously its amazing how preachy and judgmental we are but it is okay for them to say things like that.
Purp, LedBoots, varun and 1 others like this.
#2945 Old 06-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
They have literally hit all of these! They even started saying how Vegetarians are hypocrites because vegetables are fertilized with slaughtered animals. That is your argument for eating animals?! Seriously its amazing how preachy and judgmental we are but it is okay for them to say things like that.
For real! Vegetarians get called preachy all the time and yet it seems like meat eaters do more preaching at us.
Purp, varun, Jasminedesi16 and 1 others like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2946 Old 06-25-2015, 06:30 PM

The things Omni's say can really get me down sometimes.
That's why when I want to get away from the intense cruelty of the world, I escape with some light fantasy- like Game of Thrones!
#2947 Old 06-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciBow View Post
That's why when I want to get away from the intense cruelty of the world, I escape with some light fantasy- like Game of Thrones!
GoT which contains not one, but THREE vegetarian cast members (at least) who are all part of House Lannister! :P

In other news.....I actually had someone say "But, why can't I get a meat dish at a vegetarian restaurant, that's the same as you not getting a vegetarian dish at a restaurant that serves meat".

At first, I couldn't even, then said "Do you have a moral objection to eating vegetables? Before you answer, keep in mind, I have videos of crop harvests and videos of slaughterhouses, which would you prefer to watch?"

Sigh.
#2948 Old 06-25-2015, 08:02 PM

Yes! When I found out that Peter Dinklage was a vegetarian I felt a sense of immense pride. I didn't know there were others who were also veggie though! So awesome.
Purp and Tiger Lilly like this.
#2949 Old 06-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Yes! When I found out that Peter Dinklage was a vegetarian I felt a sense of immense pride. I didn't know there were others who were also veggie though! So awesome.
Cersei (Lena Headey) has been veg for ages. In the Brother's Grimm movie, the rabbit she skins is fake for that very reason!

Also, the guy who plays Bron (Jerome Flynn) has been vegetarian for a really long time too. I think he's even a patron of a vegetarian society.
Purp and LuciBow like this.
#2950 Old 06-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Beginner

I don't know if this counts, but I had a dream the other night where one of my friends offered me some candy and told me it was vegan. Then after watching me eat it she was like 'by the way, it has gelatine in it'. I woke up SO annoyed with her!
#2951 Old 06-26-2015, 12:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Haha thats a good idea I should get off facebook and start binge watching game of thrones. :P
Purp, Tiger Lilly and LuciBow like this.
#2952 Old 06-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Or binge posting in VB.
Tiger Lilly and Jasminedesi16 like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2953 Old 06-28-2015, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular

You guys seem to have a lot of time on your hands. Volenteer or just go to fundraiser a to support thing your passionate about.
I spent like 3 hours at a fundraiser for YEAH(Youth Enpowerment through Arts and Humanities) yesterday. My mom bought quite a bit of stuff while there.
It was fun!
Purp, varun and Jasminedesi16 like this.
#2954 Old 07-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

So I found this pic on reddit. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a joke or not? Either way I thought it belonged here.

I love the little details. The vegetarians eating literal poop with flies around it, the waiter having evil vampire teeth, and my favourite the Statue of Liberty riding the cow and crying implying we are literally killing America by not eating steak.

Oh, and I love how the cow looks so concerned about the cattle rancher.

"Oh no! Does this mean I won't be slaughtered? "
Purp, LedBoots, Kiwibird08 and 1 others like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2955 Old 07-02-2015, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

So I found this pic on reddit. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a joke or not? Either way I thought it belonged here.

I love the little details. The vegetarians eating literal poop with flies around it, the waiter having evil vampire teeth, and my favourite the Statue of Liberty riding the cow and crying implying we are literally killing America by not eating steak.

Oh, and I love how the cow looks so concerned about the cattle rancher.

"Oh no! Does this mean I won't be slaughtered? "
The cow is also crying!
Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2956 Old 07-02-2015, 11:40 AM
cinnamon bun

Quote:
me too.. sometimes I think the main reason people stop being vegan is not because they want animal products, but because of the way people treat them
Purp and LedBoots like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2957 Old 07-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I just saw a post that said, "I have cut out all dairy products in my life. I now use goat's milk."
Purp, Naturebound and no whey jose like this.
#2958 Old 07-02-2015, 01:03 PM
Beginner

'You're happy to watch a lion rip a zebra to pieces but you get offended by people eating cows'.

Arrgggghhh.
Purp likes this.
#2959 Old 07-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg moo View Post
me too.. sometimes I think the main reason people stop being vegan is not because they want animal products, but because of the way people treat them
I agree. I think social things are probably the main reasons.
#2960 Old 07-04-2015, 02:24 AM

Was thinking about something today.
I often have heard the "Well Lions eat meat" argument shot down with "We aren't lions, we don't need meat"
But at the same time we say "Gorilla's eat almost nothing but plants and look at how massive and strong they are" as a response to "how do you stay fit/get your protein?"
Isn't using both of these arguments a logical inconsistency in that, we are also not Gorilla's so we shouldn't compare ourselves to other species?
Or is there a piece I'm missing? For now I just don't bring up the gorilla thing because I feel like I might get accused of contradicting myself.
Purp and Radharc like this.
#2961 Old 07-04-2015, 03:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I often have heard the "Well Lions eat meat" argument shot down with "We aren't lions, we don't need meat"
But at the same time we say "Gorilla's eat almost nothing but plants and look at how massive and strong they are" as a response to "how do you stay fit/get your protein?"
Isn't using both of these arguments a logical inconsistency in that, we are also not Gorilla's so we shouldn't compare ourselves to other species?
Or is there a piece I'm missing? For now I just don't bring up the gorilla thing because I feel like I might get accused of contradicting myself.
I agree with you. It's best not to compare ourselves with other species when making a point about our own needs as a human species. I also think the "natural" argument and comparing life for humans now compared to millions of years ago is also shaky ground.
Purp, no whey jose and LuciBow like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2962 Old 07-04-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post
Here is what I wrote to him in a message. That I put on his door (paper closed out of courtesy, even though he doesn't deserve it.)<br><br>
You don't get to have me as a friend if you are going to act like a d*ck.<br><br>
I'm sick of you talking about the animals as if they are worthless pieces of **** here only to please your taste buds.<br><br>
What HURTS me is being with people whom I'd generally considered good hearted and then hearing them make comments that are of the same nature of sexism, racisim, and every other form of oppression. It hurts me that by showing a compassionate alternative, many attack my views and refuse to change themselves, taking their stances of eating animals to their grave. It hurts me knowing that if I was an animal, you'd treat me as inferior.<br><br>
And no, I can't tell you this in person as it's not in my nature to go off on people. It would hurt me to do so regardless of whether the person deserves it.<br><br>
If this is too long for you to read, that's a shame. People generally make whatever excuses for not taking heed to an individual who tries to make the world a better place so they don't have to acknowledge their message and thus feel responsible for their actions. Well, I still keep trying because I know some will listen, not just to me, but the animals.
Excellent note. Pick friends that respect you and enrich your life. One of my favorite sayings is " never share your precious knowledge with an idiot". Give him the video "farm to table" to watch. If that does not influence him you are speaking to someone that is comfortable with cruelty.
Not friend material!
#2963 Old 07-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
While I understand what you're saying, it's not inconsistent. Omnis point out lions and in order to try and convince us we "should" eat meat. Veggies point out gorillas to prove that it's possible to be muscular without the meat. The gorilla example is just to shut down the protein arguments, not to argue what humans "should" or "shouldn't" eat.

In other words, just because we can eat like (non-human) animals, it doesn't mean we should. But the gorillas prove that it's possible to build plenty of muscle on a veg diet.

--Fromper
LedBoots, no whey jose and LuciBow like this.
#2964 Old 07-09-2015, 07:46 PM
cinnamon bun

stupid KFC commercial

"we've got something for everyone! whether you're a carnivore (shows fried chicken), omnivore (salad with chicken and bacon), or..." [me waiting patiently, filled with curiosity.. will they say herbivore and offer vegan food??] "...a dessertivore!!! (shows churros)"

-_________-
varun, no whey jose and custardpie like this.

#2965 Old 07-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Ugh! KFC is gross anyway. I didnt like it when I was little.
Purp and Jasminedesi16 like this.
#2966 Old 07-09-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
While I understand what you're saying, it's not inconsistent. Omnis point out lions and in order to try and convince us we "should" eat meat. Veggies point out gorillas to prove that it's possible to be muscular without the meat. The gorilla example is just to shut down the protein arguments, not to argue what humans "should" or "shouldn't" eat.

In other words, just because we can eat like (non-human) animals, it doesn't mean we should. But the gorillas prove that it's possible to build plenty of muscle on a veg diet.

--Fromper
A good point. I must admit my thoughts on this stem from my lack of knowledge on the similarities and differences between us and other omnivorous animals biologically. In my head I sort of thought "Well what if a Gorilla's body just works differently than ours and that's how it can get so big and strong on just plants, because they must need a lot of calories to be as big as they are if they worked like humans" But it's not something I've studied at all. Maybe I should!
#2967 Old 07-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
stupid KFC commercial

"we've got something for everyone! whether you're a carnivore (shows fried chicken), omnivore (salad with chicken and bacon), or..." [me waiting patiently, filled with curiosity.. will they say herbivore and offer vegan food??] "...a dessertivore!!! (shows churros)"

-_________-
I think you're going to have a long wait for that to happen. If KFC (My nephews call it Kid Fattening Center; I call it Kentucky Fried Crud) did serve veg*an food, I still wouldn't eat it. Something in there just makes me sick...
Naturebound and LuciBow like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2968 Old 07-10-2015, 12:06 AM

KFC's new commercials have just been really obnoxious.
Purp and Jasminedesi16 like this.
#2969 Old 07-10-2015, 01:54 AM
Veggie Regular

KFC supports some of the worst atrocities to animals and people and on such a massive scale. I can't imagine anything good coming out of that place.
Purp, LedBoots and Jasminedesi16 like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#2970 Old 07-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
stupid KFC commercial

-_________-
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliaBeth1224 View Post
Ugh! KFC is gross anyway. I didnt like it when I was little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
I think you're going to have a long wait for that to happen. If KFC (My nephews call it Kid Fattening Center; I call it Kentucky Fried Crud) did serve veg*an food, I still wouldn't eat it. Something in there just makes me sick...
Quote:
KFC's new commercials have just been really obnoxious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
KFC supports some of the worst atrocities to animals and people and on such a massive scale. I can't imagine anything good coming out of that place.
KFCExcept maybe people who don't go...never mind. That's Loving Hut that has good things coming out of it. Like vegetarians.

Tags
Vegan-Lifestyle , Vegetarian-Lifestyle , vegan-food

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page