Stupid Things Omnivores Say, Version 6.0 - Page 93 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1957Likes

#2761 Old 05-05-2015, 04:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe your brain does, but your heart doesn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2762 Old 05-05-2015, 06:46 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

I think she meant "I need brains".

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.
#2763 Old 05-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Just read a comment saying: "My brain needs the cholesterol". And yes, she was referring to the cholesterol found in animal foods. I laughed.
Oh my.
Purp and Jasminedesi16 like this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2764 Old 05-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Frankly, all of this article, http://nypost.com/2015/05/04/sustain...lling-cooking/

But mainly: "Depletion of the oceans and of certain land species is a serious issue, but I’m interested in sustaining my appetite, too."
#2765 Old 05-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Just read a comment saying: "My brain needs the cholesterol". And yes, she was referring to the cholesterol found in animal foods. I laughed.
Um......Ooooooookaaaaaaayyyy...

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2766 Old 05-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by azerea_02 View Post
Frankly, all of this article, http://nypost.com/2015/05/04/sustain...lling-cooking/

But mainly: "Depletion of the oceans and of certain land species is a serious issue, but I’m interested in sustaining my appetite, too."
That article...
Frankly, people with crappy, ignorant opinions shouldn't be allowed to write opinion pieces.
no whey jose likes this.
#2767 Old 05-06-2015, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I can't even get properly angry over that. It reads like a parody! An out-of-touch old white food critic feels threatened by these new-fangled compassionate lifestyles? Boo hoo. I'll bet he can't wrap his mind around the idea of gay marriage, either.
Purp and custardpie like this.
#2768 Old 05-06-2015, 05:26 AM
Veggie Regular

People are not very bright. Though, some of the things that are newer no one understands. My friends took forever trying to explain current events/ pop culture.

Friend: you know what? I have no other way to explain this. I tried.
Purp likes this.
#2769 Old 05-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular

He is kind of a dick, but you really can't hold it against him. Our culture is so into food and eating meat. This guy has no idea where his meat comes from and what is done in the process. It is total denial, but very true. If this guy had to watch how his meat is prepared I would think he would change his opinion a little.
Purp likes this.
#2770 Old 05-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Veggie Regular

my best friend tells me all the time that vegetarian diets are extremist, and "thank god" I eat cheese, "dont you dare go vegan!".

I bought rice milk yesterday, and when I put it in my cart she asked me "WTF is that?!". I said "its for my stomach. shut up".
Purp likes this.
#2771 Old 05-07-2015, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melimomTARDIS View Post
my best friend tells me all the time that vegetarian diets are extremist, and "thank god" I eat cheese, "dont you dare go vegan!".

I bought rice milk yesterday, and when I put it in my cart she asked me "WTF is that?!". I said "its for my stomach. shut up".
Not much of a best friend, is she? My husband loves cheese but he knows how important animal rights are to me and he would never be disrespectful like that.
Purp and lightergait like this.
#2772 Old 05-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
Not much of a best friend, is she? My husband loves cheese but he knows how important animal rights are to me and he would never be disrespectful like that.
She is a great friend, but she is averse to change as a rule. Since we became friends, (7 years ago) I have lost 70lbs and become a skinny-minnie, and become vegetarian. One more change might just kill her
Purp likes this.
#2773 Old 05-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:

I'm just wondering why this git isn't writing for The Onion.
LedBoots likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2774 Old 05-10-2015, 04:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Because then his stupidity would be taken as offensive truth by other idiots.
Purp likes this.
#2775 Old 05-12-2015, 02:52 AM
Beginner

I watched Cowspiracy with some friends yesterday. Firstly, WOW - I seriously recommend a watch!

Secondly, there's a scene where this guy chases after his ducks and grabs them by the neck, and it shows you the duck being put across the table and the guy cutting its head off. One of my friends later into the night replied, when I mentioned how I couldn't watch that bit, "Well I think it's fine he killed the duck - the duck had a great life and sometimes it's just something we need to do". I turned and said "That's the same as me killing you right now and thinking it's okay because we had fun together tonight. And my goodness, "something we need to do"? No, the duck didn't have to die." He shutup.

So sad when people use the "But they had a good life" line. Yeah, the duck had a good life until his HEAD WAS RIPPED AWAY FROM HIS BODY WITH A CLEAVER FOR UNNECESSARY HUMAN CONSUMPTION.

Check out my blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2776 Old 05-13-2015, 02:40 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightergait View Post
I turned and said "That's the same as me killing you right now and thinking it's okay because we had fun together tonight.
I heard some kind of insects (spider or grashopper) do that.
Purp, lightergait and no whey jose like this.

#2777 Old 05-14-2015, 04:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Really? That's strange.
#2778 Old 05-14-2015, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I watched Cowspiracy with some friends yesterday. Firstly, WOW - I seriously recommend a watch!

Secondly, there's a scene where this guy chases after his ducks and grabs them by the neck, and it shows you the duck being put across the table and the guy cutting its head off. One of my friends later into the night replied, when I mentioned how I couldn't watch that bit, "Well I think it's fine he killed the duck - the duck had a great life and sometimes it's just something we need to do". I turned and said "That's the same as me killing you right now and thinking it's okay because we had fun together tonight. And my goodness, "something we need to do"? No, the duck didn't have to die." He shutup.

So sad when people use the "But they had a good life" line. Yeah, the duck had a good life until his HEAD WAS RIPPED AWAY FROM HIS BODY WITH A CLEAVER FOR UNNECESSARY HUMAN CONSUMPTION.
So much win there. Many of us have had "good lives" until tragedy strikes. Former happiness does not erase current despair.

" my kid had a great life, right up until I began beating him mercilessly "

Yeah, they had a great life, and you ended it early.
#2779 Old 05-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melimomTARDIS View Post
So much win there. Many of us have had "good lives" until tragedy strikes. Former happiness does not erase current despair.

" my kid had a great life, right up until I began beating him mercilessly "

Yeah, they had a great life, and you ended it early.
Great analogy!
melimomTARDIS likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2780 Old 05-15-2015, 01:03 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

Quote:
I turned and said "That's the same as me killing you right now and thinking it's okay because we had fun together tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliaBeth1224 View Post
Really? That's strange.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_cannibalism
no whey jose likes this.

#2781 Old 05-15-2015, 04:31 AM

I was cooking some vegetarian sausages in the kitchen at work this morning (I've been having a bad food day today, must get back on the veggies this weekend) and a lady in there said something like;

"Oh are they the Linda McCartney sausages? Are they any good we have the Quorn ones at home"

I said: "Yeah, they're really tasty, are you vegetarian yourself?"

"Oh God no, nothing like that, I just prefer the taste sometimes. No I'm not a vegetarian"

It felt as though I had offended her by suggesting she was a vegetarian...
Purp likes this.
#2782 Old 05-15-2015, 08:33 AM
Veggie Regular

That's awful!
Purp likes this.
#2783 Old 05-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBearding View Post
I was cooking some vegetarian sausages in the kitchen at work this morning (I've been having a bad food day today, must get back on the veggies this weekend) and a lady in there said something like;

"Oh are they the Linda McCartney sausages? Are they any good we have the Quorn ones at home"

I said: "Yeah, they're really tasty, are you vegetarian yourself?"

"Oh God no, nothing like that, I just prefer the taste sometimes. No I'm not a vegetarian"

It felt as though I had offended her by suggesting she was a vegetarian...
You should've asked what was wrong with being a vegetarian...

#2784 Old 05-17-2015, 12:56 AM
Part-Time Russian

My Dad asked today why I couldn't be vegan except for seafood.... oh Dad...

Born in Mississippi, lives in Mississippi, Loves Vegemite
Has no Accent
Vegan
Honors Student

For some reason everyone thinks I'm weird...

Languages: English both Brit and American.
русский
Deutsch
Español
#2785 Old 05-17-2015, 04:53 AM

"We understand and agree that animals have rights and we care about them but we live in the real world."

- my best friend said that to me once; I don't see much of her now

"Why do you eat plants?"
- sure, the difference is so hard to see...

" You don't eat meat? Okay we can make you some chicken!"
- restaurant staff

" But animals taste sooo good!"

The list is endless. It's getting harder to tune them out.
elsie182 likes this.
#2786 Old 05-17-2015, 06:02 AM
Veggie Regular

recently- "We have got to take you to this great pit BBQ place! Its just a hole in the wall, all about the meat, you know?" - a family member who knows I dont eat meat.
no whey jose likes this.
#2787 Old 05-17-2015, 07:32 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rno View Post
That is where the Black Widow spider got her name.
no whey jose likes this.
#2788 Old 05-17-2015, 12:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I really hope this post isn't offensive and if it is I will remove. But I was over my friends house the other day and she had on TLC and they were showing a marathon of my 600LB Life. The show is actually pretty disgusting at how it tries to shock you with these obese people. I think the idea of the show is horrible and very mean spirited. Anyway there was this one episode, where the woman is visiting the Dr. about the surgery and he asks her why she thought she put on so much weight and she says something along the lines because she likes potatoes too much and doesn't get enough protein. And in the beginning of the they show this woman eating things like Fried Chicken, Burgers, and other meats all containing protein so how could she not be getting enough? And to make matters worse the doctors was like with her telling her how good proteins are. What is wrong with recommending a vegetable and maybe fresh fruit?! This just blew my mind, more from the doctor than the patients. I understand they won't be vegan but recommending more animal protein and not veggies? Sorry I really hope this post doesn't cause offensive, I am not putting them down or making fun of their weight, I just couldn't believe what I was hearing from a doctor.
#2789 Old 05-18-2015, 12:03 AM
adapt. evolve. become

it gets me really upset when people say that eating meat is a personal choice. It isn't. Not when others are forced to suffer and die for your choice. Even other veg*ns say that it is a personal choice.
Jasminedesi16 and lightergait like this.
#2790 Old 05-18-2015, 02:07 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Huntress View Post
it gets me really upset when people say that eating meat is a personal choice. It isn't. Not when others are forced to suffer and die for your choice. Even other veg*ns say that it is a personal choice.

Since when is it a personal choiceto eat meat? Since advertisements are telling you that meat is (fill in whatever....).

Tags
Vegan-Lifestyle , Vegetarian-Lifestyle , vegan-food

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page