Stupid Things Omnivores Say, Version 6.0 - Page 27 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1957Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#781 Old 08-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Veggie Regular
 
kamizushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

 

Drinking syrup from a bottle?! sick.gif

When I was omni, I'd eat salami with 3 inches of mayo on it when nobody were watching. It got better.

 

To be fair though, my vegetarianism has nothing to do with my health. My diet is a lot better than it used to be but I still eat junkfood. I don't feel nearly as bad doing something unhealthy as I do for having actively harmed sentient beings for so long.

ewcollins likes this.
kamizushi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#782 Old 08-06-2013, 05:53 PM
 
La Grenouille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 504
Yesterday we saw two abandoned vietnamese pigs. They used to be each in a different house, and now share a 3x4 cage. My daughter was all saddened (and so was I). So she was crying later because I told her we could not adopt them, and then omni takes me aside and says: “Just tell her the little pigs adapted to their surroundings, and they’d be sad to leave their cage.”

Yeah. Like I’m going to lie to my daughter about something like that.

Isabelle, aka La Grenouille
My blog (in French): L’herbivore — http://lherbivore.ca
La Grenouille is offline  
#783 Old 08-06-2013, 08:47 PM
 
Dungjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by LactoVeggieMan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy85 View Post

I relish the day I have children just so I can debate with fat, unfit, unhealthy disgusting slobs how I am feeding my own flesh and blood an unhealthy diet..... It's gonna be so much fun!!!!

Heh...it will be fun, I promise!

 

I take heat from the people at work about my veggie diet. But they are all on blood pressure, cholesterol, and/or diabetes meds.  All of them. I take nothing and have the numbers of a twenty year old, though I am sixty-one.

 

To all those transitioning, the cravings and old habits disappear after a few years. At least they did for me. The last time I ate meat on purpose was 1974. And I didn't like it!


Quite cool!
Dungjoy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#784 Old 08-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Aristede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 3,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grenouille View Post

Yesterday we saw two abandoned vietnamese pigs. They used to be each in a different house, and now share a 3x4 cage. My daughter was all saddened (and so was I). So she was crying later because I told her we could not adopt them, and then omni takes me aside and says: “Just tell her the little pigs adapted to their surroundings, and they’d be sad to leave their cage.”

Yeah. Like I’m going to lie to my daughter about something like that.

 

sick.gif

 

Aristedebook2.gif


"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Aristede is offline  
#785 Old 08-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Ewe Nanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grenouille View Post

Yesterday we saw two abandoned vietnamese pigs. They used to be each in a different house, and now share a 3x4 cage. My daughter was all saddened (and so was I). So she was crying later because I told her we could not adopt them, and then omni takes me aside and says: “Just tell her the little pigs adapted to their surroundings, and they’d be sad to leave their cage.”

Yeah. Like I’m going to lie to my daughter about something like that.
Do you have a sanctuary nearby that may take them in?

"Treat others as you wish to be treated."

- The Golden Rule

"No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible."

- Voltair

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

- Mahatma Ghandi

"Even dust piled up will grow into a mountain."

- Japanese Proverb

Ewe Nanny is offline  
#786 Old 08-07-2013, 08:55 AM
 
La Grenouille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewe Nanny View Post

Do you have a sanctuary nearby that may take them in?

Actually, the farm they are at is some kind of sanctuary. They take care of them, but they have so many animals, they are looking for a good home for them.

Isabelle, aka La Grenouille
My blog (in French): L’herbivore — http://lherbivore.ca
La Grenouille is offline  
#787 Old 08-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Newbie
 
Nick4x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 46

I found out that my girlfriend of several years had been adding meat product to my food whenever she was angry with me.

 

Needless to say, we are no longer together.

Nick4x is offline  
#788 Old 08-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Aristede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 3,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick4x View Post

I found out that my girlfriend of several years had been adding meat product to my food whenever she was angry with me.

 

Needless to say, we are no longer together.

 

How awful! Well, I hope that you're able to find a girlfriend that respects your decisions and doesn't do such vindictive things.

 

Aristedebook2.gif


"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Aristede is offline  
#789 Old 08-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Newbie
 
vear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 95

I just recently closed on a house. At the closing table... and I have no idea how this even came up, I think they offered us cookies or something, anyway, my husband said I was vegan and the seller's lawyer says that his daughter is vegetarian, though she eats shell fish, my husband then says "then she's not vegetarian" anyway, this went on and the conversation got weird and I realized the lawyer had no idea what he was talking about when he said his daughter's friend was vegan and ate eggs. So anyway, I told him I'm vegan, therefore, I don't consume any animal products at all, no meat, no eggs, no dairy, and he says "oh, so you're vegetarian since you don't eat any animal products". I said no, I'm vegan. He thought vegans can eat eggs and vegetarians eat no animal products... but shell fish is ok... ? It was interesting.  Of course this was all followed by "but then, what do you eat?".

vear is offline  
#790 Old 08-09-2013, 11:44 AM
 
Kath's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 463

Just remembered one that happened to me last week. I went back to a bar I'd been to before and asked if their sweet potato fries were cooked with the fish etc (I'd had them before without asking since they were labelled vegetarian and I didn't think, and they'd tasted, well, a bit fishy). The guy went to ask the chef then came back.

 

Him: The chef said they are cooked with everything else but they're done at 300 degrees so it's all fine.

Me (while my brain's exploding from the inability to process that one): That's not vegetarian. They're labelled as such. They taste like fish. So it's not fine. Thank you for asking for me.

 

Blah!

Kath is offline  
#791 Old 08-10-2013, 04:06 AM
Veggie Regular
 
angie54321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grenouille View Post

Well, my reply was quite swift and came out before I had even finished the thought: «What the hell? You’re eating a pig and you worry about killing WASPS?»

She didn’t reply. I think all I managed was to create a very uncomfortable moment. It doesn’t really matter. I know she won’t change.

 

Ah, but that's different. Pigs have been bred for food (and therefore death). So it's okay to mistreat them (they don't know any different). It's okay to kill them. You just don't understand. You're too sentimental. Too soft-hearted. Blah blah blah.

 

That's my MIL's logic, anyhow. rolleyes.gif

angie54321 is offline  
#792 Old 08-10-2013, 07:44 AM
...
 
Blobbenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,936


Omnies are also quick to say that veg*n food is boring.

Blobbenstein is offline  
#793 Old 08-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)
 
LedBoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post



Omnies are also quick to say that veg*n food is boring.
You can't please all of the people all of the time. smiley.gif My husband and I had a beer with our vegan black bean burritoes, and the waiter said,"You're allowed to have beer? As vegans?" I told him some beers were vegan, and he said "but so unhealthy! "

I stopped short of discussing Oreos.
LedBoots is offline  
#794 Old 08-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)
 
LedBoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick4x View Post

I found out that my girlfriend of several years had been adding meat product to my food whenever she was angry with me.

 

Needless to say, we are no longer together.

That is some sick passive-aggressive crap right there. You're well rid of her; I hope you meet a nice girl who cooks you delicious veg*n stuffs. smiley.gif
LedBoots is offline  
#795 Old 08-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lentil City, UK
Posts: 2,535

A post from a vegetarian website:

 

"Hi, I'm from the UK,I'm a female,I'm 41, I've been vegetarian for about 20 or more years.

I'm not really a 100% vegetarian, I still eat fish. Though I'm trying to give that up"

 

wall.gif

60225 is offline  
#796 Old 08-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post


You can't please all of the people all of the time. smiley.gif My husband and I had a beer with our vegan black bean burritoes, and the waiter said,"You're allowed to have beer? As vegans?" I told him some beers were vegan, and he said "but so unhealthy! "

I stopped short of discussing Oreos.

Good thing you never showed him the food porn and food porn from the internet threads. All those sweets?lick.gifdrool.gif


Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#797 Old 08-10-2013, 05:56 PM
...
 
Blobbenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,936
60225 likes this.

Blobbenstein is offline  
#798 Old 08-10-2013, 06:19 PM
 
mannequin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post


Ok, I just have to point this out. If you're trying to avoid conflict with meat eaters, going around advertising that you're veg*n by putting stickers on your laptop isn't the way to do it. You may as well walk around with a sign that says "Come debate vegetarianism with me!"

I started a new job nearly two months ago, and I don't think a single one of my coworkers knows that I'm veg*n yet. I just don't want to have those arguments with them, or find myself hating people that I have to work with every day. If I become friends with any of them, I'm sure it'll come up eventually, but I'm not really close enough to any of them for it to have come up yet.

I'm not saying that it's ok for those people to come up and harass you. They're still jerks. But there are jerks in every crowd, so why do something that will attract them to you, and give them an excuse to show off what big jerks they are?

--Fromper
juggle.gif


This may have been said already.  But this idea is the same as telling girls they deserved to raped because they wore a skirt or got drunk.  Her self expression is harmless and should definitely be allowed.  We need to teach people to be respectful and if they want to talk about it, to do so in a way that isn't completely rude or inappropriate.  I hate that people can get away with being hateful and bigoted all in the name of a "joke".


Not all who wander are lost.

mannequin is offline  
#799 Old 08-10-2013, 06:22 PM
 
mannequin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11

My co-workers know of my dietary choices and are all around supportive, but they don't quite understand.

I get asked questions like "You can still eat french fries right?"

or my favorite,

"Can you still eat tomatoes?"

 

At least they get that I don't eat animals! haha


Not all who wander are lost.

mannequin is offline  
#800 Old 08-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator
 
silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannequin View Post


This may have been said already.  But this idea is the same as telling girls they deserved to raped because they wore a skirt or got drunk.  Her self expression is harmless and should definitely be allowed.  We need to teach people to be respectful and if they want to talk about it, to do so in a way that isn't completely rude or inappropriate.  I hate that people can get away with being hateful and bigoted all in the name of a "joke".

No, it's not.

It's like saying don't wear a mini skirt if you don't want to be lectured, or don't get drunk if you don't want a hangover.

 

When you advertise your opinions getting reactions from people is to be expected.

A fur wearing j.a. is lucky to just get yelled at if you ask me. 


Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
silva is offline  
#801 Old 08-10-2013, 07:46 PM
 
mannequin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11

I see what you are trying to say.

But by her advertising her opinions she is not asking to be made fun of or otherwise treated badly.  That doesn't mean people can't discuss things with her, but they don't need be *******s.
 


Not all who wander are lost.

mannequin is offline  
#802 Old 08-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator
 
silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannequin View Post

I see what you are trying to say.

But by her advertising her opinions she is not asking to be made fun of or otherwise treated badly.  That doesn't mean people can't discuss things with her, but they don't need be *******s.
 

You compared it to rape!

I agree, people shouldn't be a**holes, however when you don't know the people, and they don't know you, coming out about your personal affairs isn't always the best way to introduce yourself to co-workers.

As your example of miniskirts- woman who's worked at the company for years wears them-perfectly fine. Woman who's just been hired- what's up with that!?

No one needs to talk about the long timer, but the new one- that's something to talk about.

I work with hunters, they display pictures I don't like I know them, I disagree, I don't dislike them. For someone to post that on their first day I would automatically have disdain for.


Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
silva is offline  
#803 Old 08-10-2013, 09:49 PM
 
mannequin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

You compared it to rape!

I agree, people shouldn't be a**holes, however when you don't know the people, and they don't know you, coming out about your personal affairs isn't always the best way to introduce yourself to co-workers.

As your example of miniskirts- woman who's worked at the company for years wears them-perfectly fine. Woman who's just been hired- what's up with that!?

No one needs to talk about the long timer, but the new one- that's something to talk about.

I work with hunters, they display pictures I don't like I know them, I disagree, I don't dislike them. For someone to post that on their first day I would automatically have disdain for.


I compared the thought process to the defense of rape.

 And I see a huge gap in your logic.  I don't even know how length of presence in any place justifies changing or hiding who you are.  If you can't handle someone presenting themselves in a neutral way when you first meet them, then that is your short-sightedness. My point is no one has to conform to your standards just make sure you feel comfortable. How the heck am I supposed to know what you like or dislike.  The whole idea is simply selfish and unrealistic and makes you seem insecure.

 

For instance, you've been on the forums longer than me, so by your logic I can't post any of my opinions on here until the arbitrary "long enough" has been achieved. I hope the fact that I have red hair doesn't bother you because you happen to hate clowns and think gingers lack souls.  But if I do mention it, you have the right to call me Ronald McDonald and patronize me about sunscreen.  But what I really should do is change my hair color or keep it a secret so I don't come on too strong.  If I reveal this part of me, I am asking for your criticism.

 

And the idea that women shouldn't wear short skirts if they value themselves is a contrite social idea.  Hangovers are a biological reaction from too much alcohol. One is fact, the other is something made up to control a portion of the population. The two don't correlate.

 

She had a sticker on her own personal property.  That's the end of it. 

I tried conceding with you in my last post and you agreed people shouldn't be *******s.  So why continue?


Not all who wander are lost.

mannequin is offline  
#804 Old 08-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator
 
silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannequin View Post


I compared the thought process to the defense of rape.

 And I see a huge gap in your logic.  I don't even know how length of presence in any place justifies changing or hiding who you are.  If you can't handle someone presenting themselves in a neutral way when you first meet them, then that is your short-sightedness. My point is no one has to conform to your standards just make sure you feel comfortable. How the heck am I supposed to know what you like or dislike.  The whole idea is simply selfish and unrealistic and makes you seem insecure.

 

For instance, you've been on the forums longer than me, so by your logic I can't post any of my opinions on here until the arbitrary "long enough" has been achieved. I hope the fact that I have red hair doesn't bother you because you happen to hate clowns and think gingers lack souls.  But if I do mention it, you have the right to call me Ronald McDonald and patronize me about sunscreen.  But what I really should do is change my hair color or keep it a secret so I don't come on too strong.  If I reveal this part of me, I am asking for your criticism.

 

And the idea that women shouldn't wear short skirts if they value themselves is a contrite social idea.  Hangovers are a biological reaction from too much alcohol. One is fact, the other is something made up to control a portion of the population. The two don't correlate.

 

She had a sticker on her own personal property.  That's the end of it. 

I tried conceding with you in my last post and you agreed people shouldn't be *******s.  So why continue?

WOW! Where'd you get all that!


Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
silva is offline  
#805 Old 08-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Aristede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 3,897

Mod Post: 

 

Let's stay on the topic at hand. Please feel free to continue personal conversations via private message.

 

Aristedebook2.gif

VB Moderator


"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Aristede is offline  
#806 Old 08-11-2013, 06:14 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Ewe Nanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 710
My (Mum's side) aunt, uncle and cousins came down from London for an overnight camp-out yesterday. I had 'can you drink Coke?' and 'do you eat fish?' (again!). I got quite offended when one of my older cousins told me 'You're so weak, you need MEAT!'. To give some context, I was having a go at one of those exercise machines where you have two bars above you and you pull the seat up with them; everyone else was going 'it's so easy!' but only lifting themselves a couple of inches whereas I was going all the way to the top- of course it was easier for you, you numnuts! You weren't even doing it right! I didn't say anything though... I've just wanted to shout at everyone for the not even caring about who they're eating or others who are dieing because of their selfish choices, including the 'vegetarians' who eat prawn crackers and Parmesan cheese, and eggs from 'happy hens' who will have their brothers macerated and then themselves be sent to slaughter because 'I just want some', and then eating eggs from another unknown source... I know I'm not perfect, but it's like no one I know is even trying to think past themselves... ;(

"Treat others as you wish to be treated."

- The Golden Rule

"No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible."

- Voltair

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

- Mahatma Ghandi

"Even dust piled up will grow into a mountain."

- Japanese Proverb

Ewe Nanny is offline  
#807 Old 08-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Veggie Regular
 
lavender phase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,644
I am sorry Ewe Nanny sad.gif I had omni friends say I'm missing out on tasty meals and I am like really ???? Do you know? Do you even think about what poor animal had to die for your so called tasty meal ???? I have a cute baby pig pic (I nicknamed him /her Piglet )as my cellphones wallpaper .... I tell them look into those sweet adorable eyes .... Many of my friends gave meat up altogether smiley.gif also many will choose Veg*n meals when we dine together .... smiley.gif
lavender phase is offline  
#808 Old 08-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
 
Brain Floss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Swingin' up and down in the coconut trees
Posts: 125
So I really try to be understanding with people who eat meat...but one of my favorites is when the dead animal flesh on their plate resembles something alive and then they get all grossed out by it. It both annoys me/angers me to no end and amuses me at the same time. The past three memorable times were out to eat with other fellow interns that I work with at my company:

1. Basque restaurant, pickled cow tongue is the specialty. The cow tongue is served, in it's disgusting great slimy glory, and people are wondering what it is. Ironically, I'm apparently the only person who knows what it is.

Girl across from me: "EW OMG I can't eat that! Blablabla..."
Me: "How is it anymore disgusting than the rest of the animal?"
Girl across from me: "Because it's the tongue and it's all like *makes licky motions with her tongue*"
Me: .........

2. Seafood restaurant, appetizer served is whole shrimp with the legs still on. Same reaction from a different intern happens, she refuses to eat perfectly good food (not saying I agree with eating it, just that it would go to waste) for the same illogical reasons.

3. Second seafood restaurant: kalimari is served in a basket, some pieces are just the tentacles and some are the whole animal. Same girl from scenario #2 freaks out and refuses the expensive food. I ask her why it's different and she mentions something about not wanting to eat anything that "has a face". I tell her I became veg because I couldn't stand thinking the dead thing on my plate used to be walking or swimming around. She still eats the tentacles, though. Boy next to me eats whole animal for her and I genuinely express gratitude to him that he didn't waste the poor thing's life.

I remember reacting the same way for years before I saw how ricidulous this makes you look. Either refrain from taking another animal's life, or man up and eat the whole animal and give it some respect. Yeesh.

Also, on a similar note: when people freak out about eating insects when they are a sustainable, cheap, and legitimate source of nutrition. But people are okay with eating sea insects and sea slugs (ie crustaceans and molluscs) Wake up, people! With the rate you're eating cows and the fact more and more people are you're gunna have to start eating a McCockroach sandwich sooner or later! Or you could be smart and eat your fruits and veggies...

And that's my angry veggie rant for the day.
amira23 and lavender phase like this.
Brain Floss is offline  
#809 Old 08-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Floss View Post

So I really try to be understanding with people who eat meat...but one of my favorites is when the dead animal flesh on their plate resembles something alive and then they get all grossed out by it. It both annoys me/angers me to no end and amuses me at the same time. The past three memorable times were out to eat with other fellow interns that I work with at my company:

1. Basque restaurant, pickled cow tongue is the specialty. The cow tongue is served, in it's disgusting great slimy glory, and people are wondering what it is. Ironically, I'm apparently the only person who knows what it is.

Girl across from me: "EW OMG I can't eat that! Blablabla..."
Me: "How is it anymore disgusting than the rest of the animal?"
Girl across from me: "Because it's the tongue and it's all like *makes licky motions with her tongue*"
Me: .........

2. Seafood restaurant, appetizer served is whole shrimp with the legs still on. Same reaction from a different intern happens, she refuses to eat perfectly good food (not saying I agree with eating it, just that it would go to waste) for the same illogical reasons.

3. Second seafood restaurant: kalimari is served in a basket, some pieces are just the tentacles and some are the whole animal. Same girl from scenario #2 freaks out and refuses the expensive food. I ask her why it's different and she mentions something about not wanting to eat anything that "has a face". I tell her I became veg because I couldn't stand thinking the dead thing on my plate used to be walking or swimming around. She still eats the tentacles, though. Boy next to me eats whole animal for her and I genuinely express gratitude to him that he didn't waste the poor thing's life.

I remember reacting the same way for years before I saw how ricidulous this makes you look. Either refrain from taking another animal's life, or man up and eat the whole animal and give it some respect. Yeesh.

Also, on a similar note: when people freak out about eating insects when they are a sustainable, cheap, and legitimate source of nutrition. But people are okay with eating sea insects and sea slugs (ie crustaceans and molluscs) Wake up, people! With the rate you're eating cows and the fact more and more people are you're gunna have to start eating a McCockroach sandwich sooner or later! Or you could be smart and eat your fruits and veggies...

And that's my angry veggie rant for the day.

I think they already serve these, they just call them BigMacs. tongue3.gif

Brain Floss likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#810 Old 08-14-2013, 06:36 PM
 
La Grenouille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 504
Stupid things omnivores say... Or do:

This “sport event” happens every year at the Pig Festival of Ste-Perpétue. A shame.

http://youtu.be/mQF3T5oybRY

It is called the Greased Pigs Race.

This video is from 2009, but it has been going on for tens of years, and again made the sports news in the region this year.

Isabelle, aka La Grenouille
My blog (in French): L’herbivore — http://lherbivore.ca
La Grenouille is offline  
Reply

Tags
Vegan-Lifestyle , Vegetarian-Lifestyle , vegan-food

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off