Stupid Things Omnivores Say, Version 6.0 - Page 100 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1957Likes

#2971 Old 07-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah. My mom called me picky today.
Hmmm....it's not picky if it's because I have an actually workin moral compass.
Purp and meg moo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2972 Old 07-23-2015, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Apparently Arby's now has a vegan help hotline for vegans who don't want to eat their new bacon. Normally I would be really upset over something like this but for some reason I find it hilarious because it shows if a company like Arby's is having this type of campaign it means vegetarians/vegans are just getting more mainstream. :P
#2973 Old 07-31-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasminedesi16 View Post
Apparently Arby's now has a vegan help hotline for vegans who don't want to eat their new bacon. Normally I would be really upset over something like this but for some reason I find it hilarious because it shows if a company like Arby's is having this type of campaign it means vegetarians/vegans are just getting more mainstream. :P
A hotline? Like "I don't like veggie bacon, please help!" kind of thing? Or is it that they don't want to eat real bacon so they need some kind of hotline? I'm confuzzled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2974 Old 07-31-2015, 10:38 AM
Veggie Regular

It basically advertises their bacon and than tells you to go eat a salad. Its very very stupid.
Werewolf Girl and LedBoots like this.
#2975 Old 07-31-2015, 11:38 AM
h2o

The thing that always irks me is: "You're a vegetarian? So you can still eat fish right?"
#2976 Old 08-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o View Post
The thing that always irks me is: "You're a vegetarian? So you can still eat fish right?"
I'm calling it now, when the Veggie Wars begin, that line will be the last one uttered before the shooting starts.

Also: "Humans are not animals."

Purp likes this.
#2977 Old 08-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Beginner

From my friend today about why she will never go vegan and why I'm unhealthy...

I respect people for being vegan, I respect that they would rather have perhaps a less beneficial diet in order to not be part of the farming trade
all the big organisations have the wrong information about what is good and what is bad for the human diet
people are taught it all wrong, dieticians, scientists, doctors, surgeons, biologists etc. because no one knows any better
Now this is what I was talking about before, how do you know that their blood results are healthy if the original scientific reports were made to look that way for drug companies to get more money
my mother has done research, comparing all of the diets out there, and meat is essential for your diet for longevity. all the scientific studies are wrong and if you go right back to their source you can find they're all bias and were pushed by money to be published as real
not even blood test nutrient ranges are correct. the actual ranges are what my mother has found research for and her blood test now say she is unhealthy when she goes to the GP but healthy when she does it by her ranges

Later in the conversation...
If I can prove a vegan's bloodwork matches your preferred levels, what of you accepting veganism?

Her response...
I don't think you can prove it because it's in the research my mum has done already, she's compared blood results from vegetarians, vegans, paleos, high carb diets, low carb diets etc. all with people on the similar sort of diet that she's on
Trust me, she's done it all
because her aim was to find the healthiest way of living which would prevent illness and provide longevity

My heart breaks for her </3
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.

Check out my blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#2978 Old 08-06-2015, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

So if you ask to see her published data you cant because of the ol' 'everybodies out to get her' theory?

That is really sad. Tin foil hat syndrome
#2979 Old 08-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightergait View Post
From my friend today about why she will never go vegan and why I'm unhealthy...

I respect people for being vegan, I respect that they would rather have perhaps a less beneficial diet in order to not be part of the farming trade
all the big organisations have the wrong information about what is good and what is bad for the human diet
people are taught it all wrong, dieticians, scientists, doctors, surgeons, biologists etc. because no one knows any better
Now this is what I was talking about before, how do you know that their blood results are healthy if the original scientific reports were made to look that way for drug companies to get more money
my mother has done research, comparing all of the diets out there, and meat is essential for your diet for longevity. all the scientific studies are wrong and if you go right back to their source you can find they're all bias and were pushed by money to be published as real
not even blood test nutrient ranges are correct. the actual ranges are what my mother has found research for and her blood test now say she is unhealthy when she goes to the GP but healthy when she does it by her ranges

Later in the conversation...
If I can prove a vegan's bloodwork matches your preferred levels, what of you accepting veganism?

Her response...
I don't think you can prove it because it's in the research my mum has done already, she's compared blood results from vegetarians, vegans, paleos, high carb diets, low carb diets etc. all with people on the similar sort of diet that she's on
Trust me, she's done it all
because her aim was to find the healthiest way of living which would prevent illness and provide longevity

My heart breaks for her </3
I guess her mom has never read the China Study or that in almost all the "blue zones" of the world they eat very little meat. But honestly most doctors I know don't go around telling people to eat more meat, it is usually "eat more veggies and fruit". My own doctor who isn't a vegan told this to my mom when she was all worried I was going vegan he said something like "I see nothing wrong with this I usually tell my patients to eat more fruits and veggies."
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.
#2980 Old 08-09-2015, 04:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah. Eat more fruits and vegetables. There delicious!
#2981 Old 08-09-2015, 09:20 AM
cinnamon bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliaBeth1224 View Post
Yeah. My mom called me picky today.
Hmmm....it's not picky if it's because I have an actually workin moral compass.
yes!!! I hate it when people say I'm "picky" as if we just arbitrarily pick foods not to eat because we don't like them

#2982 Old 08-09-2015, 09:22 AM
cinnamon bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o View Post
omg, I hate this too. like, why would they assume that??
Purp and Chou like this.

#2983 Old 08-16-2015, 08:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I was at the dentist I was "talking" with this guy who said to me "I'm not a Rabbit I don't eat veggies, they are over rated! I couldn't live without bacon." He just kept on repeating that to me over and over again. I couldn't respond as the dentist had called my name.
Purp likes this.

It takes two to speak the truth: one to speak, and another to hear.
—Henry David Thoreau
My site
#2984 Old 08-16-2015, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherries View Post
I was at the dentist I was "talking" with this guy who said to me "I'm not a Rabbit I don't eat veggies, they are over rated! I couldn't live without bacon." He just kept on repeating that to me over and over again. I couldn't respond as the dentist had called my name.
WTF?! How original of him.
Purp likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2985 Old 08-16-2015, 11:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Too bad you didn't swat him on the nose with a rolled up copy of VegNews.
veggie man and EvilCartman like this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2986 Old 08-17-2015, 12:19 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

Quote:
Maybe he is a hyena?
Purp and Radharc like this.

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.
#2987 Old 08-18-2015, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Thank god I never met a person like that.
Purp likes this.
#2988 Old 08-18-2015, 10:11 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVegi View Post
Thank god I never met a person like that.
Lol you probably will...
#2989 Old 08-18-2015, 10:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I was invited to a fair by a couple of friends and I didn't know anything about this fair before I went, I was think it was just one with rides and games and things like that. This place had this huge area of many farm animals like goats, sheep, cows, chickens, alpaca, none of them were caged and you were allowed to pet them. If I knew they were there I probably wouldn't have gone. There was this one really obnoxious guy who kept walking through the cow area slapping his stomach and saying "Beef it's what for dinner!" Oh and every night this stupid fair has a chicken dinner, so after everyone is done petting the cute little chicks and chickens they eat chicken! I don't get it at all. It bothered me so much.
no whey jose likes this.
#2990 Old 08-18-2015, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasminedesi16 View Post
I was invited to a fair by a couple of friends and I didn't know anything about this fair before I went, I was think it was just one with rides and games and things like that. This place had this huge area of many farm animals like goats, sheep, cows, chickens, alpaca, none of them were caged and you were allowed to pet them. If I knew they were there I probably wouldn't have gone. There was this one really obnoxious guy who kept walking through the cow area slapping his stomach and saying "Beef it's what for dinner!" Oh and every night this stupid fair has a chicken dinner, so after everyone is done petting the cute little chicks and chickens they eat chicken! I don't get it at all. It bothered me so much.
Ugh. A friend of mine just posted pictures of her daughter playing with someone's pet pig at a barbecue. I commented that pigs are so sweet and intelligent, and that it bothered me to think of this pig's family hosting a barbecue. At first my friend said that she didn't see any pork there, but then her husband said "There were ribs. I had one. They were delicious!" I was upset both at the idea of people who care for a pet pig eating pig, and at my friend's husband callously saying that pig ribs are delicious on a picture of his daughter playing with a pig.
Purp and Jasminedesi16 like this.
#2991 Old 08-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
Ugh. A friend of mine just posted pictures of her daughter playing with someone's pet pig at a barbecue. I commented that pigs are so sweet and intelligent, and that it bothered me to think of this pig's family hosting a barbecue. At first my friend said that she didn't see any pork there, but then her husband said "There were ribs. I had one. They were delicious!" I was upset both at the idea of people who care for a pet pig eating pig, and at my friend's husband callously saying that pig ribs are delicious on a picture of his daughter playing with a pig.
It's like they think the ribs they are eating magically appeared there and didn't come from another adorable little pig. It is really disturbing though that they would eat pig if they have a pet pig. Could you imagine if someone had a pet dog or cat and then had a barbecue with another dog/cat on the menu. People would think they were psychos.
Purp, no whey jose and Radharc like this.
#2992 Old 08-19-2015, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Lol you probably will...
But I dont want to
Purp and LedBoots like this.
#2993 Old 08-19-2015, 04:13 AM
Veggie Regular

At least some people understand.
LedBoots likes this.
#2994 Old 08-19-2015, 06:06 AM
n'kadopi!

I had the fortune to be able to show my 15 yo nieces (2 mums, 2 mos apart) the place where my friends get the humane beef for their dogs (15, huskies, malamutes and wolf hybrids). These are retired dairy cows that are put down by a vet after living out the last of their lives in the most beautiful pasture about a 1/4 mile from my mum's house. When the cows do pass on, every bit is used. We happened to be there on a day when the butcher was, and walked by the better part of a whole cow, sans skin, being made into dog food.

Niece #1 (sweet and talented, but a bit vapid): What is THAT? It looks like meat!
Me (evil auntie of evilness): It is.
Niece #2 (whip-smart, aspiring veterinarian, already veggie): Ooo! Neat! Look at the musculo-skeletal structure! She must have been a fine beast! (goes off to talk to the butcher)
#1: But...that looks like a roast...(turning green)
Me: It is.
#1 (light dawns): That's beef! Like steaks and roast and hamburger! (runs up and hides her face in my shirt) Can we go now? I SO need to learn to be a vegetarian.
Purp, no whey jose, Chou and 1 others like this.
#2995 Old 08-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazoli View Post
I had the fortune to be able to show my 15 yo nieces (2 mums, 2 mos apart) the place where my friends get the humane beef for their dogs (15, huskies, malamutes and wolf hybrids). These are retired dairy cows that are put down by a vet after living out the last of their lives in the most beautiful pasture about a 1/4 mile from my mum's house. When the cows do pass on, every bit is used. We happened to be there on a day when the butcher was, and walked by the better part of a whole cow, sans skin, being made into dog food.

Niece #1 (sweet and talented, but a bit vapid): What is THAT? It looks like meat!
Me (evil auntie of evilness): It is.
Niece #2 (whip-smart, aspiring veterinarian, already veggie): Ooo! Neat! Look at the musculo-skeletal structure! She must have been a fine beast! (goes off to talk to the butcher)
#1: But...that looks like a roast...(turning green)
Me: It is.
#1 (light dawns): That's beef! Like steaks and roast and hamburger! (runs up and hides her face in my shirt) Can we go now? I SO need to learn to be a vegetarian.
Awesome. Why can't I do something like that...

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2996 Old 08-19-2015, 05:12 PM
No flesh since 99'

I saw this one the other day:

I think the rotting meat in their guts is rotting their brains!
#2997 Old 08-19-2015, 09:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird08 View Post
I saw this one the other day:

I think the rotting meat in their guts is rotting their brains!
veggie man and Kiwibird08 like this.

#2998 Old 08-21-2015, 04:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I mean theymakebacon flavored suckers. Which is kinda gross.

My teacher gives people suckers for making a 100 on his test because it becomes a very compulsive thing like you need to.
It's impossible to fail his class unless you just don't listen.
Purp likes this.
#2999 Old 08-21-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
This is so gross it makes me sick.
Purp likes this.

Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.
-Buddha
#3000 Old 08-21-2015, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radharc View Post
This is so gross it makes me sick.
Update: My friend said that her husband feels bad about saying that. Apparently there really weren't ribs at the barbecue. He forgot that I was vegan and was making a joke.
LedBoots likes this.

Tags
Vegan-Lifestyle , Vegetarian-Lifestyle , vegan-food

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page