Husband giving up meat for Lent :) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-21-2012, 08:55 AM

My husband and I are both atheists but we sometimes give up something for Lent, mostly just to help kick an unhealthy habit, prove that we can do something, etc. This year, he's decided that he's going to give up meat. I know he can do it because he actually gave up meat for two months last year, just for the heck of it. I'm hoping that this time, it will stick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-21-2012, 11:59 AM

good for him!
#3 Old 02-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Veggie Regular

good for him, good luck , I hope it does stick ,I just started getting my veg friendly stuff again. I am going to make it stick right now, we have a budget problem I think beans and rice and ETC is cheap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Great!

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#5 Old 02-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

good for him, good luck , I hope it does stick ,I just started getting my veg friendly stuff again. I am going to make it stick right now, we have a budget problem I think beans and rice and ETC is cheap.

Yay Peacefulveglady, I'm excited for you! Rice and beans rule!
#6 Old 02-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Banned

Very cool on your hubby giving up meat. I hope it sticks this time, too. I'm a lapsed Catholic myself, but I still adhere to some practices (like sacrificing during Lent) just because of familiarity and such. I'm giving up diet soda. I hope I can kick it for good ;-)
#7 Old 02-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Banned

That's how I went veg. It stuck Good luck to him - how exciting!
#8 Old 02-21-2012, 05:26 PM

I am an atheist as well, but when I became vegetarian a decade ago, it coincided with the start of Lent and I stuck with it to this day.
#9 Old 02-22-2012, 05:32 PM

Awesome! Give him lots of support and try not to pressure him. Sometimes the best thing we can do is lead by example and hope others follow suit.
#10 Old 02-22-2012, 07:32 PM

Yeah I gave up meat last year and it stuck. My 1 year veggieversary is March 9th! I have more good news too. My very resistant mom finally caved and gave up meat for Lent too. I doubt it will stick, but it is so nice. Maybe she will finally understand, or see it in another light.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page