Mcdonalds fries - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-05-2011, 08:08 AM

in 2009 Mcdonalds settled a lawsuit with a group that sued them for lying about the fries being vegetarian, i guess there was beef fat in the friers. Does anyone know if since then they have changed their procedures? are they ok to eat yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Beginner

McDonalds fries, at least in the US, are definitely not vegetarian. They use beef flavoring in the fries, and it is listed in the ingredients on their site.
#3 Old 11-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Veggie Regular

so pointless. why can't potatoes just taste like potatoes and not dead animals??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Wendy's fries is better then Mcdonald's and they since changed to natural cut fries as well. When we go on trips my husband stops at a wendy's I get some fries and probley a salad and a small frosty. I have snacks in the car on the way up.
#5 Old 11-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

Wendy's fries is better then Mcdonald's and they since changed to natural cut fries as well. When we go on trips my husband stops at a wendy's I get some fries and probley a salad and a small frosty. I have snacks in the car on the way up.

Yes, Wendy's new fries are amazing!

Burger King's fries have always been better than McDonald's, too, and at Burger King you can get a BK Veggie, too.
#6 Old 11-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

I am IN LOVE with the new Wendy's fries. I got some on my way home from work last night and some on Wednesday
#7 Old 11-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Burger King's fries have always been better than McDonald's, too, and at Burger King you can get a BK Veggie, too.

the burger king in hanover pa doesnt have a veggie burg or atleast ive never seen it. im going to check next time o go though just in case i just overlooked it. and wendys fries always seem to be soggy when i get them. they taste good but there just always soggy.
#8 Old 11-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

the burger king in hanover pa doesnt have a veggie burg or atleast ive never seen it. im going to check next time o go though just in case i just overlooked it. and wendys fries always seem to be soggy when i get them. they taste good but there just always soggy.

The fries shouldn't be soggy. They're not very crispy, but definitely not soggy. I eat them immediately though. Fries are never good after 5 minutes.

The BK Veggie Burger should be available everywhere. It's usually under the Other BK Favorites list, not pictured like the meat burgers.

#9 Old 11-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

The fries shouldn't be soggy. They're not very crispy, but definitely not soggy. I eat them immediately though. Fries are never good after 5 minutes.

The BK Veggie Burger should be available everywhere. It's usually under the Other BK Favorites list, not pictured like the meat burgers.

thats probably why ive never seen it on the menu. also we dont go there alot becasue its on the other side of town and when i first became veg i just assumed no fast food places had veggeiburgers. and my fries are always soggy
#10 Old 11-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Banned

deleted

#11 Old 11-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I don't like BK fries either. Their onion rings are good.

RL, have you seen my Wendy's check ins on FB?
#12 Old 11-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Beginner

I haven't had wendy's fries in probably about 5 years, if not more, but I remember always thinking they were too soggy.
#13 Old 11-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

They can be, if not cooked properly. For the most part, they're crispy when I get them. The old fries were good, the new fries are even better.

Wendy's Fries + BBQ =
#14 Old 11-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Veggie Regular

What do you guys think of Whataburger's fries? They're vegetarian, and I always thought they tasted very similar to Mcdonald's fries. I haven't had any in a long time, but I remember liking them just as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

New fries? They're different? I haven't had any in a long time. I always liked them all right, but how are they different now?

Quote:

Burger King's fries have always been pretty mediocre to me. To me they're just generic cheapo tasting fries.

Quote:

Yea, no kidding. And don't even think about putting them in the fridge cause then they'll taste like crap.

"I am a woman of science. At least that's what my horoscope said."
#15 Old 11-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

I've only had Whataburger fries once, when I lived in Texas. They weren't worth $2. Meh.

Fries get eaten first, immediately. That's the rule. You can put the ketchup on a napkin in your lap, dip with one hand, and drive home with the other
#16 Old 11-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, I don't like BK fries either. Their onion rings are good.

RL, have you seen my Wendy's check ins on FB?

Do you use Foursquare? I have that and Gowalla both hidden from my feed.
#17 Old 11-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, I do. I expect everyone to hide it, that's why I asked.
#18 Old 11-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

I don't like Burger King's fries. I used to like them, then sometime in the late 90's they changed the oil they fry them in, and ever since then they leave a weird filmy feeling in my mouth. Gross.

I do like Wendy's fries, though!

I agree on the weird filmy feeling since the mid 90s fry change. I prefer the onion rings but they don't like me.
#19 Old 11-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Banned

deleted
#20 Old 11-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

You're the first person I've ever heard describe it perfectly...LOL. It's odd. And it takes forever to go away.
#21 Old 11-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Beginner

Maybe you're both just crazy, because BK fries ROCK.
#22 Old 11-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

deleted
#23 Old 11-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Crazy.
#24 Old 11-05-2011, 08:12 PM

I thought Wendy's fries were fried in the same oil as their fish products or something like that? If that's not the case then I finally have somewhere to stop to get quick, greasy goodness during road trips. Sometimes I get sick of having to stop by a Wawa to get something quick and easy while on the road.

I also used to get that filmy thing with BK fries (or was it McDonalds?). It's gross.
#25 Old 11-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:

Do you use Foursquare? I have that and Gowalla both hidden from my feed.

Sorry I'm a gowalla addict, my fb friends probably block my updates. . I love gowalla because they give you special Disney designed stamps for your passport
#26 Old 11-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Banned

deleted
#27 Old 11-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Veggie Regular

yuck Burger King I have not had a Burger King since the late 90's and early 2000's, once my husband and I got married we were hooked on Wendy's , sigh Micky D's , sonic drive in a few other places.
#28 Old 11-05-2011, 11:54 PM

I completely understand what you guys mean about the film o the BK fries... But dare I say I LOVE IT?
#29 Old 11-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You are the only person who understands what I'm talking about! Everyone thinks I'm crazy when I tell them about the weird filmy feeling. Glad to know I'm not crazy!

Burger King's fries defintely leave a film. It's gross.

The old Wendy's fries were awesome. The new ones, not so much. It's just as well though. I ate the old ones far too often. Now I no longer crave Wendy's fries.
#30 Old 11-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifesize View Post

I thought Wendy's fries were fried in the same oil as their fish products or something like that? If that's not the case then I finally have somewhere to stop to get quick, greasy goodness during road trips. Sometimes I get sick of having to stop by a Wawa to get something quick and easy while on the road.

I'm pretty sure they have a separate fryer, but not 100%. I don't care about that kind of cross contamination.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page