VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Vegetarian Support Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/11-vegetarian-support-forum/)
-   -   Mcdonalds fries (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/11-vegetarian-support-forum/130625-mcdonalds-fries.html)

chingui77 11-05-2011 08:08 AM

in 2009 Mcdonalds settled a lawsuit with a group that sued them for lying about the fries being vegetarian, i guess there was beef fat in the friers. Does anyone know if since then they have changed their procedures? are they ok to eat yet?

vegan724 11-05-2011 08:21 AM

McDonalds fries, at least in the US, are definitely not vegetarian. They use beef flavoring in the fries, and it is listed in the ingredients on their site.

darkgarden 11-05-2011 08:43 AM

so pointless. why can't potatoes just taste like potatoes and not dead animals??

peacefulveglady 11-05-2011 10:03 AM

Wendy's fries is better then Mcdonald's and they since changed to natural cut fries as well. When we go on trips my husband stops at a wendy's I get some fries and probley a salad and a small frosty. I have snacks in the car on the way up.

disney.jessica 11-05-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

Wendy's fries is better then Mcdonald's and they since changed to natural cut fries as well. When we go on trips my husband stops at a wendy's I get some fries and probley a salad and a small frosty. I have snacks in the car on the way up.

Yes, Wendy's new fries are amazing!

Burger King's fries have always been better than McDonald's, too, and at Burger King you can get a BK Veggie, too.

danakscully64 11-05-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

Wendy's fries is better then Mcdonald's and they since changed to natural cut fries as well. When we go on trips my husband stops at a wendy's I get some fries and probley a salad and a small frosty. I have snacks in the car on the way up.

I am IN LOVE with the new Wendy's fries. I got some on my way home from work last night and some on Wednesday

krispex22 11-05-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Yes, Wendy's new fries are amazing!

Burger King's fries have always been better than McDonald's, too, and at Burger King you can get a BK Veggie, too.

the burger king in hanover pa doesnt have a veggie burg or atleast ive never seen it. im going to check next time o go though just in case i just overlooked it. and wendys fries always seem to be soggy when i get them. they taste good but there just always soggy.

danakscully64 11-05-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

the burger king in hanover pa doesnt have a veggie burg or atleast ive never seen it. im going to check next time o go though just in case i just overlooked it. and wendys fries always seem to be soggy when i get them. they taste good but there just always soggy.

The fries shouldn't be soggy. They're not very crispy, but definitely not soggy. I eat them immediately though. Fries are never good after 5 minutes.

The BK Veggie Burger should be available everywhere. It's usually under the Other BK Favorites list, not pictured like the meat burgers.



krispex22 11-05-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

The fries shouldn't be soggy. They're not very crispy, but definitely not soggy. I eat them immediately though. Fries are never good after 5 minutes.

The BK Veggie Burger should be available everywhere. It's usually under the Other BK Favorites list, not pictured like the meat burgers.



thats probably why ive never seen it on the menu. also we dont go there alot becasue its on the other side of town and when i first became veg i just assumed no fast food places had veggeiburgers. and my fries are always soggy

Beetlejuice 11-05-2011 02:28 PM

deleted


danakscully64 11-05-2011 03:04 PM

Yeah, I don't like BK fries either. Their onion rings are good.

RL, have you seen my Wendy's check ins on FB?

vegan724 11-05-2011 03:16 PM

I haven't had wendy's fries in probably about 5 years, if not more, but I remember always thinking they were too soggy.

danakscully64 11-05-2011 03:17 PM

They can be, if not cooked properly. For the most part, they're crispy when I get them. The old fries were good, the new fries are even better.


Wendy's Fries + BBQ =

Spoonerism 11-05-2011 03:21 PM

What do you guys think of Whataburger's fries? They're vegetarian, and I always thought they tasted very similar to Mcdonald's fries. I haven't had any in a long time, but I remember liking them just as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Yes, Wendy's new fries are amazing!

New fries? They're different? I haven't had any in a long time. I always liked them all right, but how are they different now?

Quote:
Burger King's fries have always been better than McDonald's, too, and at Burger King you can get a BK Veggie, too.

Burger King's fries have always been pretty mediocre to me. To me they're just generic cheapo tasting fries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

The fries shouldn't be soggy. They're not very crispy, but definitely not soggy. I eat them immediately though. Fries are never good after 5 minutes.

Yea, no kidding. And don't even think about putting them in the fridge cause then they'll taste like crap.

danakscully64 11-05-2011 03:23 PM

I've only had Whataburger fries once, when I lived in Texas. They weren't worth $2. Meh.

Fries get eaten first, immediately. That's the rule. You can put the ketchup on a napkin in your lap, dip with one hand, and drive home with the other

Beetlejuice 11-05-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Yeah, I don't like BK fries either. Their onion rings are good.

RL, have you seen my Wendy's check ins on FB?

Do you use Foursquare? I have that and Gowalla both hidden from my feed.

danakscully64 11-05-2011 04:40 PM

Yes, I do. I expect everyone to hide it, that's why I asked.

Kari 11-05-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

I don't like Burger King's fries. I used to like them, then sometime in the late 90's they changed the oil they fry them in, and ever since then they leave a weird filmy feeling in my mouth. Gross.

I do like Wendy's fries, though!

I agree on the weird filmy feeling since the mid 90s fry change. I prefer the onion rings but they don't like me.

Beetlejuice 11-05-2011 06:06 PM

deleted

Kari 11-05-2011 06:58 PM

You're the first person I've ever heard describe it perfectly...LOL. It's odd. And it takes forever to go away.

vegan724 11-05-2011 07:28 PM

Maybe you're both just crazy, because BK fries ROCK.

Beetlejuice 11-05-2011 07:33 PM

deleted

vegan724 11-05-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post


Crazy.

Lifesize 11-05-2011 08:12 PM

I thought Wendy's fries were fried in the same oil as their fish products or something like that? If that's not the case then I finally have somewhere to stop to get quick, greasy goodness during road trips. Sometimes I get sick of having to stop by a Wawa to get something quick and easy while on the road.

I also used to get that filmy thing with BK fries (or was it McDonalds?). It's gross.

disney.jessica 11-05-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Do you use Foursquare? I have that and Gowalla both hidden from my feed.

Sorry I'm a gowalla addict, my fb friends probably block my updates. . I love gowalla because they give you special Disney designed stamps for your passport

Beetlejuice 11-05-2011 08:55 PM

deleted

peacefulveglady 11-05-2011 09:10 PM

yuck Burger King I have not had a Burger King since the late 90's and early 2000's, once my husband and I got married we were hooked on Wendy's , sigh Micky D's , sonic drive in a few other places.

Drotar 11-05-2011 11:54 PM

I completely understand what you guys mean about the film o the BK fries... But dare I say I LOVE IT?

Wolfie 11-06-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

You are the only person who understands what I'm talking about! Everyone thinks I'm crazy when I tell them about the weird filmy feeling. Glad to know I'm not crazy!

Burger King's fries defintely leave a film. It's gross.

The old Wendy's fries were awesome. The new ones, not so much. It's just as well though. I ate the old ones far too often. Now I no longer crave Wendy's fries.

danakscully64 11-06-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifesize View Post

I thought Wendy's fries were fried in the same oil as their fish products or something like that? If that's not the case then I finally have somewhere to stop to get quick, greasy goodness during road trips. Sometimes I get sick of having to stop by a Wawa to get something quick and easy while on the road.

I'm pretty sure they have a separate fryer, but not 100%. I don't care about that kind of cross contamination.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.