Fantastic Foods NEW Carb'Tastic ready meals product review opportunity! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Beginner

Hello,

On the heels of our very successful (thanks in large part to the feedback of Veggieboards community members ) Carb'Tastic instant soup cup line, we are now launching a new line of ready meals next week that we would like your direct feedback on.

Carb'Tastic ready meals are all natural, vegetarian, low carb, shelf stable pasta ready meals that are microwaveable in 2 minutes. They are available in 5 flavors: chili mac, teriyaki, tomato, alfredo, and primavera. We think they are great tasting (especially compared to most low carb convenience products...most which really taste bad). They are going to be available nationally in a few months, and have a suggested retail price of $3.99 each. Net carbs (total carbs less dietary fiber) are 4g to 9g each.

We would like to offer members here an opportunity to try them before everyone else, in exchange for coming back to this thread and posting what you think! We will limit this offer to just the first 100 who apply...

To sign up, go to www.fantasticfoods.com, click on the "contact us" button, and click to send the CEO an email (that's me). In the email, please give your full name, and a street mailing address. PO box will not work. Samples will be sent in a week or so by UPS ground. Should take 2 to 3 weeks for you to get them.

And of course if you like them, we ask that you tell your favorite natural products retailer, grocery store, or vitamin shop to bring them in and stock up!

Hope you enjoy! Thanks

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Thanks John!

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 03-13-2004, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Chili Mac... mmm...

Woot, thanks John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

w00t! you rock, man
#5 Old 03-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in Norway
#6 Old 03-13-2004, 12:46 PM

yaaaaaaaay! thanks man!
#7 Old 03-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

yay - thanks John. I love Fantastic Foods products and I am always eager to try new ones.
#8 Old 03-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool..
#9 Old 03-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Nifty I sent you an e-mail.
#10 Old 03-13-2004, 06:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, can't wait to try these. I sent the email and then decided to look around the website and I found out the falafel and tofu burgers I buy are from fantastic foods. (which reminds me, I am out of tofu burgers! :drool ) Next time I go to whole foods I am definately checking out the polenta and dishes, they look delicious!
#11 Old 03-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, you are the CEO of Fantastic Foods?

I want to thank you for being so wonderful! I've become an addict to the Sesame-Miso noodle soup! I see Nile soups next to your products, but I can't trust them, they make chicken flavored soups and list 'Natural flavorings' with out specifying whether they are from animal/non-animal sources. You clearly mark on your products that they are vegetarian, which is commendable.

One concern I have is the amount of garbare generated by eating prepackaged foods. Do you think there might be a market for scoopable soups? Just think, sell some powder soups with +/-20 servings per package. You'd be able to feed more people for less cost (-extra printing/packaging/shipping), so it could be more economic for everyone.

What does everyone think?

Single vegetarian for 19 years seeks tasty vegetables to devour. Reply only if interested in being consumed whole.
#12 Old 03-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Veggie Regular

They make those kind too.
#13 Old 03-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow dude thanks a bunch! i look forward to trying yet another great product from yall!
#14 Old 03-14-2004, 04:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Yay! I sent you an email. I missed the carb soups, and I've been bitter ever since (not really). I forgot to say anything in the email, but are these all vegan?

Check out my webcomic! www.GrammarComic.com
#15 Old 03-14-2004, 11:20 AM

Thanks John, I just sent you an email

Shannon
#16 Old 03-14-2004, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post

Yay! I sent you an email. I missed the carb soups, and I've been bitter ever since (not really). I forgot to say anything in the email, but are these all vegan?

All of them are Vegan except Broccoli Cheddar.

I love the Asian Broccoli and Mark's fave was Mandarin Chicken.
#17 Old 03-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Administrator

In the past I believe John has made an effort to only send out vegan items.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#18 Old 03-14-2004, 12:00 PM

Thanks for the invitation John - free samples - woohoo!

I was wondering if you knew yet, what the shelf price was going to be for these meals.

Also (as I was not a part of the earlier test for the soups), I am curious as to how Fantastic decided to get into the "low carb" market.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#19 Old 03-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Beginner

Iam Jen,

The shelf price target is $3.99, althouth we expect a range of $3.49 to $4.99.

We decided to get into this market after realizing that this was a real consumer groundswell, with even our most hardcore vegetarian consumers looking for ways to reduce carbohydrate intake, mostly by backing off from refined white sugars and flours in their diet. Also, when we looked around, we realized that the vast majority of low carb convenience foods both tasted terrible, and contained loads of fake flavors, ingredients, and preservatives. By bringing our low carb options that are vegetarian, all natural, and great tasting, we are providing an option for people who want to limit carbs, but consistent with their pattern of eating no, or very little meat in their diet. Response has been great, and we have a huge number of new products coming to market under Carb'Tastic over the next 60 days.

Hope you enjoy the samples and let us know what you think!

Regards

John
#20 Old 03-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Administrator

What do you mean by "pasta ready?" Are these sauces that you put over pasta? And if you'r having them over pasta doesn't that defeat the purpose of low carb?

You'll have to forgive me, if it doesn't come in a bag I'm clueless.

#21 Old 03-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

What do you mean by "pasta ready?" Are these sauces that you put over pasta? And if you'r having them over pasta doesn't that defeat the purpose of low carb?

You'll have to forgive me, if it doesn't come in a bag I'm clueless.

Not a bad question...what they are is a tray of reduced carb pasta with a sauce, al in one, and microwaveable in a couple minutes. The pasta is soy based, so lower carb but still great tasting and good mouth feel.
#22 Old 03-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Veggie Regular

John,

You have got to be the coolest CEO ever.
#23 Old 03-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boquist1 View Post

Iam Jen,

We decided to get into this market after realizing that this was a real consumer groundswell, with even our most hardcore vegetarian consumers looking for ways to reduce carbohydrate intake, mostly by backing off from refined white sugars and flours in their diet. Also, when we looked around, we realized that the vast majority of low carb convenience foods both tasted terrible, and contained loads of fake flavors, ingredients, and preservatives. By bringing our low carb options that are vegetarian, all natural, and great tasting, we are providing an option for people who want to limit carbs, but consistent with their pattern of eating no, or very little meat in their diet. Response has been great, and we have a huge number of new products coming to market under Carb'Tastic over the next 60 days.

Regards

John

^^^Excellent example of a company reacting to consumer demand, rather crying and moaning about it.

Good luck!
#24 Old 03-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

In the past I believe John has made an effort to only send out vegan items.

Hi everyone. We are up to about 50 requests. More to go.

Also, sorry to say that for now, at least, none of the 5 are vegan. Making low carb pasta that can hold up to our processing is virtually impossible without the use of some egg. We are working on it and down the road might get there, but for now...not quite.

John
#25 Old 03-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, crud. I didn't research this well, did I? Could you please find my e-mail request and cancel it, John? I don't want any egg products. Thanks.
#26 Old 03-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Ooh, soy noodles. That's interesting. I wondered also how they would be low carb with macaroni in it. Sounds great. Looking forward to checking it out.
#27 Old 03-15-2004, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Uh oh.. this means my son will be the one to try them and he's a super picky eater.
#28 Old 03-15-2004, 08:38 PM

It would be interesting to see how many people decided to buy a vegetarian meal because it was low-carb, when they normally wouldn't consider buying one. A good (and sneaky ) way to show people that veg. food can be yummy (or fantastic - ar ar ar).

Quote:

Iam Jen,

Regards

John

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#29 Old 03-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Hi everyone. We are up to about 50 requests. More to go.

Also, sorry to say that for now, at least, none of the 5 are vegan. Making low carb pasta that can hold up to our processing is virtually impossible without the use of some egg. We are working on it and down the road might get there, but for now...not quite.

John

well, i bet my mom would like to try it then
#30 Old 03-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Darn! Oh, well... My mom will enjoy reviewing them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page