Choices in eating - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-02-2011, 12:48 PM

Can I complain about eating establishments? i'm a salad eater, never have cared for it. It's usually the sauce I like, not the neat....French fries, onion rings, fried mushrooms, carrots or celery sticks are lame to dip into barbeque sauce....I'm in Kansas City, this is legitimate complaint....

Can resturants just come up with one menu item, that would solve this? Broccoli sticks, carrot sticks, celery sticks, a few onion rings, and green/red/yellow peppers cut in a stick, and NOT label it a diet dish? Who wants to eat it if it's a diet dish? My son wants to eat at buffalo wild wings, which is fine. i love their honey/bbq sauce, but i'm tempted to just order that and their veggie boat, and not anything else. i think they removed the veggie burger from their menu, which I think wasn't their recipe anyway.

I won't embarrass my son this time, by bringing my own, but I'm tempted to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Onion rings are my favorite food that I only eat rarely so Id be so thrilled. LOL. I hear what you are saying though. Can you ask for a special meal? As a chef I know Id be happy make it

~The more you sweat the less you bleed~
***Come gather at our table***
http://ourtable1.blogspot.com/
***The road to Thermopylae***
http://theroadtothermopylae.blogspot.com/2011/09/huge-change-of-plans.html
#3 Old 08-02-2011, 12:55 PM

i don't know...buffalo wild wings? i'll probably just order onion rings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhonlynn View Post

i don't know...buffalo wild wings? i'll probably just order onion rings.

Oh sorry, I dont know. Ive never been to one.

~The more you sweat the less you bleed~
***Come gather at our table***
http://ourtable1.blogspot.com/
***The road to Thermopylae***
http://theroadtothermopylae.blogspot.com/2011/09/huge-change-of-plans.html
#5 Old 08-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Our buffalo wild wings used to have Boca burgers but they changed to a black bean burger. I don't know if it was just the time I went but it was terrible. It was so spicy I couldn't eat it. I can't imagine that is how it was supposed to taste!
#6 Old 08-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Banned

I hate when veg*n things are labelled as diet foods. I went to Denny's the other day and I noticed on the menu the veggie burger comes with veggies on the side. I'm going out, to a diner, to eat diner food. Eating veggies with a veggie burger cancels out the point of eating a burger substitute dish! Luckily they let me replace it with fries, but it's a bit annoying when things are labelled as the healthy choice just because they're either a veg*n meal, substitute, or don't come with meat on the side, or when veg*n things in stores are the things that are diet versions. Like the light versions of margarine brands are often the vegan ones, with beans the non fat versions are the ones without lard, and veg*n soups are often labelled as healthy or come from completely diet brands like Healthy Choice. I remember reading somewhere that at iHop the only pancakes without bacon or sausage on the side are the disgusting healthy platter whole wheat pancakes with the egg substitute. Even things like Boca burgers have all over them how they're healthier than beef with less fat.
#7 Old 08-02-2011, 01:28 PM

They used to have one, but it wasn;t very good.
#8 Old 08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Banned

deleted

#9 Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I hate when veg*n things are labelled as diet foods. I went to Denny's the other day and I noticed on the menu the veggie burger comes with veggies on the side. I'm going out, to a diner, to eat diner food. Eating veggies with a veggie burger cancels out the point of eating a burger substitute dish! Luckily they let me replace it with fries, but it's a bit annoying when things are labelled as the healthy choice just because they're either a veg*n meal, substitute, or don't come with meat on the side, or when veg*n things in stores are the things that are diet versions. Like the light versions of margarine brands are often the vegan ones, with beans the non fat versions are the ones without lard, and veg*n soups are often labelled as healthy or come from completely diet brands like Healthy Choice. I remember reading somewhere that at iHop the only pancakes without bacon or sausage on the side are the disgusting healthy platter whole wheat pancakes with the egg substitute. Even things like Boca burgers have all over them how they're healthier than beef with less fat.

But sometimes I could care less about it being healthy, though that is one reason, but diet? uh, no, I'll pass.
#10 Old 08-02-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

LOL. I don't really care if it's labeled as "diet" or not, as long as it's vegetarian.

I do understand restaurants that don't have a scratch kitchen not having a lot of things like broccoli around. In order for BWW to be able to have broccoli (example), it would probably have to be frozen, then the few people who order it would complain about it not being fresh.

I'm in the KC metro area, too, btw. I was really disappointed when Blanc took their mushroom burger off the menu, but since no other menu item had mushroom or couscous, and the mushroom had to be fresh, I'm sure it was just not economical for them. I still go there, they still have two vegetarian burgers.

Also, someone from Houlihan's told me they have a scratch kitchen, so they can modify a lot of things for you. Though they already have a lot of vegetarian options, which are clearly marked on the menu.

I dunno, there are enough options here that I just avoid places where onion rings are the ONLY thing I could eat. Unless all I'm in the mood for is onion rings.

when I'm by myself, I'll go to Eden Alley...but. when I'm with my son, no way. But it's the sauce that is so good.
#11 Old 08-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Banned

deleted.

#12 Old 08-02-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

I still haven't been to Eden's Alley.

It's expensive. That and FUD. Are you in the vegetarian meet up group?
#13 Old 08-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Banned

deleted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page