Why are so many old threads being activated? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Banned

because somebody keeps bouncing them, and then everyone else who didn't read the datestamps or who doesn't care, replies.
#3 Old 12-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I think this has happened more recently after someone with the last name Frankenstein was added to the mod team.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I have to admit I have commented on some since I haven't noticed the dates. Not sure why they are being dug up in the first place though.. *grin*

http://haylieskitchen.blogspot.com/ (married to an omni so cooking from both spectrums)
#5 Old 12-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Often, a spammer comes along and adds a spam post to the end of a bunch of old threads. A mod deletes the spam, but the threads have already caught the attention of other real posters, and end up staying bumped to the top of the list.

Speaking of old threads, I'm wondering why STOS 4.0 is still stickied now that it's locked.

--Fromper
#6 Old 12-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Because its good for the planet to recycle old threads!

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#7 Old 12-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Often, a spammer comes along and adds a spam post to the end of a bunch of old threads. A mod deletes the spam, but the threads have already caught the attention of other real posters, and end up staying bumped to the top of the list.
--Fromper

yep.

and sometimes newbies get a bit keen and miss the datestamp (and/or have their forum veiw set to 'show oldest threads first') .

and sometimes crazypeeps google stuff and desperately have to reply to it despite it being from like 2006, so join up just to do that.

and sometimes people who haven't yet spammed, reply to a bunch of old crap in a row to up their post count in an attempt to not look so obviously new membery and spamariffic when finally they do spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Speaking of old threads, I'm wondering why STOS 4.0 is still stickied now that it's locked.

--Fromper

cos nobody reported it to a mod yet?
#8 Old 12-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Impeach the gangster

Cos some ideas never get old. I mean, why do we watch The Wizard of Oz, Citizen Kane and Top Gun over and over?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#9 Old 12-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

I mean, why do we watch The Wizard of Oz, Citizen Kane and Top Gun over and over?

Not for the main actor, that's for sure.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#10 Old 12-30-2010, 08:09 AM

what's wrong with rowan atkinson?

#11 Old 12-30-2010, 08:13 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Not for the main actor, that's for sure.

You have something against Kelly McGillis?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#12 Old 12-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

You have something against Kelly McGillis?

Yes, the fact that, as can be witnessed in the film, she has come into physical contact with that trainwreck of an actor they call Tom Cruise. That taints you for life.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#13 Old 12-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Yes, the fact that, as can be witnessed in the film, she has come into physical contact with that trainwreck of an actor they call Tom Cruise. That taints you for life.

But the show is so thematically valid. In choosing between it and Foot Loose, I had to go with its larger moralism.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page