Stupid Things Omnivores Say, Version 5.0 - Page 145 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 265Likes
Closed Thread

#4321 Old 06-19-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

Can result in Sappho?

Sorry, but l love fragments of literature. A magic all of it's own :)

I like Sappho too.

ahem:

"Can you drink beer?"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4322 Old 06-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratus View Post

Looks like they opened up a shiny new thread just to have the omnivores and herbivores battle it out. Maybe we should start a new threat here if this is going to continue to be a talking point? It's quickly taking up the STOS thread.

oh wow. since you posted this i finnally figured out what STOS means. lol ive been wondering for a while now but didnt want to ask.

#4323 Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

oh wow. since you posted this i finnally figured out what STOS means. lol ive been wondering for a while now but didnt want to ask.

Playing it cool, I see. 

Do I dare post some comments from the 'other forum'? I think they tie into vegan food/fake meats being seen as gross by omnivores. Since changes are that someone from over there will read this, this isn't intended to point out anything stupid said per se, but rather something that vegans (since vegetarians have a semi-decent acceptance rate there, but vegans, just no way) will probably see as funny. I am a vegan and I giggle when I read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
So anyway...Id be interested in trying a fully vegan meal...i dunno if it would be too much of a change to what im used to though. I love the idea of organic sustainable food sources like ang said. I wish it was more feasible for we poor churchmice 
Oxymoron.

Quote:

Originally Posted by White trash *****y blonde

I asked earlier somewhere else the difference between vegans and vegetarians and got the answer but why do they spell it with a star? Veg*n? Are they against the letter A also?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monter

I figured they thought the letter.A Was demeaning to their non human friends or some **** . Like "animal" is like a specist epithet or something. 
On topic, my coworker used to make awesome vegetarian dishes that I loved. **** is good if you know how to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy Drew

Yeah. Vegetarian = potential to be good. Vegan = tastes like socks.

I found them funny because vegan food can be and is very often very yummy. And hardy, if you know how. Also, the confusing with the star made me literally break out laughing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4324 Old 06-19-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:

Playing it cool, I see. 

Do I dare post some comments from the 'other forum'? I think they tie into vegan food/fake meats being seen as gross by omnivores. Since changes are that someone from over there will read this, this isn't intended to point out anything stupid said per se, but rather something that vegans (since vegetarians have a semi-decent acceptance rate there, but vegans, just no way) will probably see as funny. I am a vegan and I giggle when I read it.

Quote:

I asked earlier somewhere else the difference between vegans and vegetarians and got the answer but why do they spell it with a star? Veg*n? Are they against the letter A also?

Quote:

I figured they thought the letter.A Was demeaning to their non human friends or some **** . Like "animal" is like a specist epithet or something. 
On topic, my coworker used to make awesome vegetarian dishes that I loved. **** is good if you know how to do it.

Quote:

I found them funny because vegan food can be and is very often very yummy. And hardy, if you know how. Also, the confusing with the star made me literally break out laughing.

Anything Ron_NYC posts could go in this thread. 

#4325 Old 06-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

I've given up on trying to make things right over there. I was honest and am being accused of lying, being a hypocrite, and backpedaling. I tried, I really did. I wasn't trying to be mean.

#4326 Old 06-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I've given up on trying to make things right over there. I was honest and am being accused of lying, being a hypocrite, and backpedaling. I tried, I really did. I wasn't trying to be mean.

Yeah, it sucks what happened. I think they don't exactly get that veg*nism is more than just what you eat, and it is a lifestyle of trying to minimize animal deaths. Well, sorry about how it all went down, I don't think you were in the wrong, and considering a lot of the things they were saying, you kept pretty cool about it all.

#4327 Old 06-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok where the hell have i been and what the heck is all this about? lol someone wanna clue me in i'm totally lost.

#4328 Old 06-20-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP777 View Post

Hit the link above and talk to some carnivores. We all might learn something. 

You have actually just contributed to this thread's title without realising it. You are NOT a carnivore, you are an omnivore.

#4329 Old 06-20-2012, 05:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I laughed at all of these.

Because Oreos taste like socks and the letter A is the depiction of the devil in the veg*n religion. 

"Ugliness, if given a powerful voice, can be beautiful."

-Martha Graham

#4330 Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone104 View Post

I laughed at all of these.

Because Oreos taste like socks and the letter A is the depiction of the devil in the veg*n religion. 

You picked out the exact posts I was going to and said pretty much the exact same thing I was--though I'd probably add "home fries cooked in oil" and "baked beans" to the list with Oreos.

#4331 Old 06-20-2012, 07:03 AM

Various parts of a certain post I'm sure you are aware of by now.

"you made a comment that in my eyes was rude as ****. Some of your vegan friends over there with that piece of celery up their asses have bought into your bull**** that you were attacked and basically cornered like you were being beaten to ****, but I don't buy your ****."

"tell your dip**** friends that the loss of meat in their diets have made them complete ****ing morons."

Complaining that a comment was rude then responding with a rude comment? Although I didn't expect much considering their username is white trash *****y blonde.

*face palm*

#4332 Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Dreamer View Post

Various parts of a certain post I'm sure you are aware of by now.

"you made a comment that in my eyes was rude as ****. Some of your vegan friends over there with that piece of celery up their asses have bought into your bull**** that you were attacked and basically cornered like you were being beaten to ****, but I don't buy your ****."

"tell your dip**** friends that the loss of meat in their diets have made them complete ****ing morons."

Complaining that a comment was rude then responding with a rude comment? Although I didn't expect much considering their username is white trash *****y blonde.

*face palm*

I agree with you, but we can play that game all day, can't we? It's like a debate between an atheist and a religious person. The atheist feels like an outcast, ostracised by those around him or her and made uncomfortable by religious edifices on public or governement property. So, the atheist petitions to remove some religious symbol or other from Town Hall or a public school. Then, religious groups attack and accuse the atheist of practicing the same intolerance that he or she is protesting. The atheist points out that the religious groups' recent actions are similarly intolerant and round and round we go.

It's always tempting to point out incongruities between a groups words and actions, their beliefs and their behaviors, but it's useless and looks bad on both sides. I'm not entirely sure what the solution is. I suppose it depends on your values. At the very least, both sides need to agree on what is constructive and what isn't--attack ideas, not people; make arguments using facts, not feelings.

In this case, nothing WTBB wrote is constructive. It appears she is reacting in anger to what she feels is a rude comment. However, that does not forgive the rudeness with which she reponds. I think it is always the next person's responsibility to end the cycle. She could have made all of her points without resorting to name-calling or four star words. Instead, she perpetuates the ill will and negativity. At least she apparently felt better after (not quoted above, see the end of her original post)?

#4333 Old 06-20-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbrien View Post

I agree with you, but we can play that game all day, can't we? It's like a debate between an atheist and a religious person. The atheist feels like an outcast, ostracised by those around him or her and made uncomfortable by religious edifices on public or governement property. So, the atheist petitions to remove some religious symbol or other from Town Hall or a public school. Then, religious groups attack and accuse the atheist of practicing the same intolerance that he or she is protesting. The atheist points out that the religious groups' recent actions are similarly intolerant and round and round we go.

It's always tempting to point out incongruities between a groups words and actions, their beliefs and their behaviors, but it's useless and looks bad on both sides. I'm not entirely sure what the solution is. I suppose it depends on your values. At the very least, both sides need to agree on what is constructive and what isn't--attack ideas, not people; make arguments using facts, not feelings.

In this case, nothing WTBB wrote is constructive. It appears she is reacting in anger to what she feels is a rude comment. However, that does not forgive the rudeness with which she reponds. I think it is always the next person's responsibility to end the cycle. She could have made all of her points without resorting to name-calling or four star words. Instead, she perpetuates the ill will and negativity. At least she apparently felt better after (not quoted above, see the end of her original post)?

Oh I agree. Not much more to say except of course I agree lol. I have a feeling I would agree with most things you say lol.

#4334 Old 06-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Ok where the hell have i been and what the heck is all this about? lol someone wanna clue me in i'm totally lost.

Dark got in a bit of an argument on another forum, got frustrated, posted it here to vent, other forum caught her. It is now some weird 'through the looking glass' thing as their omnivore versus leaf muncher thread has turned into nothing but a 'let's talk about meat and how yummy it is' thread.

#4335 Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:

Oh I agree. Not much more to say except of course I agree lol. I have a feeling I would agree with most things you say lol.

Really? For some reason, I have this sudden urge to say "you should move to America, become my personal cook/driver, and also rub my back at night, because it helps me fall asleep."

Quote:

Dark got in a bit of an argument on another forum, got frustrated, posted it here to vent, other forum caught her. It is now some weird 'through the looking glass' thing as their omnivore versus leaf muncher thread has turned into nothing but a 'let's talk about meat and how yummy it is' thread.

Come on, Erratus. Be fair. A few users are also talking about how they exclusively eat animals they have hunted/farmed and killed themselves.

#4336 Old 06-20-2012, 12:38 PM

Not applicable anymore
#4337 Old 06-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Veggie Regular

This guy really makes me giggle (I posted a couple of his cheekier ones on the music thread):

Sh!t Meat Eaters Say (Fast Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gjByhKvw_s&list=UUAbIE_Ymadlk4Xwp0s5OTsA&index=6&feature=plcp

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#4338 Old 06-20-2012, 12:47 PM

Duplicate post
#4339 Old 06-20-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

This guy really makes me giggle (I posted a couple of his cheekier ones on the music thread):

Sh!t Meat Eaters Say (Fast Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gjByhKvw_s&list=UUAbIE_Ymadlk4Xwp0s5OTsA&index=6&feature=plcp

I laughed at that, into my favourites it goes. Have you seen this one by the same guy, I laughed. Go Vegan Ya F**kin' Pr**k! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjilkmj2Xuw&feature=colike

#4340 Old 06-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Here's the slower version, easier to understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXSAyqs1z7Q

Sooo true. The guy is Canadian, he said "aboot" instead of about :p

#4341 Old 06-20-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:

That was intentional, I do understand the English language. Just trying to throw some humor in with a friendly invite. 

Sorry if my response sounded abrupt but most of the time I hear the word carnivore used when discussing veganism or vegetarian the people saying it are actually serious. Thank you for the friendly invite sadly it would appear that some of the posters there are not as friendly and I would rather stay where I am thank you :)

#4342 Old 06-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Vegetarian

Quote:

That was intentional, I do understand the English language. Just trying to throw some humor in with a friendly invite. 

I just found your invite. Sorry about that, guess it got buried in all the excitement. While I am not opposed to sharing my viewpoint and talking with other folks, I don't really want to turn this into a battle between forums or anything. I don't feel like I should go there, since it is Dark that is the link between us, not me. And as Dee pointed out, there are some people on there that I think I would rather not engage with. 

Also, White, if you happen to read this, I realize they were said jokingly. That is why I found them funny. I laughed because you made a funny joke. Sorry if you took that the wrong way. I didn't want to post anything mean, but I found some funny things said over there that I got a laugh out of and thought the veggies here would too. But I think that I really ought to stop concerning myself with what is said over there and try to put this thread back on track. And to help that cause, let us all remember what happens when vegetarians decide to fall off the wagon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x9W70LJKVw

#4343 Old 06-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I laughed at that, into my favourites it goes. Have you seen this one by the same guy, I laughed. Go Vegan Ya F**kin' Pr**k!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjilkmj2Xuw&feature=colike

I keep going back for more - his stuff is brilliantly barking!

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#4344 Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:

It was worth a shot, seeing as you were agreeing with me so much and all. wink3.gif

#4345 Old 06-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Banned

Your ex is smart. Period. Not even being sarcastic here.

#4346 Old 06-21-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivolution View Post

Your ex is smart. Period. Not even being sarcastic here.

Who and what is that in response to?

#4347 Old 06-21-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:

Who and what is that in response to?

I was wondering that. It seems so random and pretty personal.

#4348 Old 06-21-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:

I was wondering that. It seems so random and pretty personal.

Probably just trolling.

The other day I heard something to the effect of "I would go vegetarian, but I need to eat poultry for my blood type."

#4349 Old 06-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Probably just trolling.

The other day I heard something to the effect of "I would go vegetarian, but I need to eat poultry for my blood type."

The blood type diet isn't backed up by real science. I can't believe people are stupid enough to fall for it.

#4350 Old 06-21-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

The blood type diet isn't backed up by real science. I can't believe people are stupid enough to fall for it.

True or not, the few people I know that believe it, don't stick to it anyway. They just use it as an excuse to eat what they want, when they want it.

I'm not particularly educated about it (I don't even know my own blood type anyway), but any time it's been brought up among people who I know are educated about nutrition and diet, the place becomes eyeroll central.

Regardless, I'd rather eat against blood type and focus on getting proper nutrition without eating animals.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page