The smell of meat/poultry/seafood. Anyone else feel disgusted when smelling it? - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 03-23-2011, 07:13 PM

I've been veggie for 31 days now and the smell of cooking flesh is really grossing me out. I was driving past a restaurant yesterday that was grilling me and I almost In fact, just thinking about the smell now is making me nauseous. I am surprised at how quickly this happened.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" - Winston Churchill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 03-24-2011, 06:09 AM
Veggie Regular

I thought I was going to hurl smelling my husband's ham and egg omelette when we were out for breakfast yesterday. Even as an omnivore, I hated the smell of overcooked scrambled eggs, and now...

For some reason, the smell of meat alone doesn't bother me as much, even though it probably should. I guess I'm so used to smelling it in restaurants etc. that I'm just not really bothered by it.
#93 Old 03-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I will be veggie for 22 years this year and even before that it grossed me out beyond words because I have always loathed meat and hardly ate it....sometimes its better but usually the smell of meats and seafood makes me wanna be sick.....

Peace

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 03-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Beginner

Ugh yes. I can't stand the smell of meat either. Long story short, I got suckered into going to a BBQ place a couple months ago and I walked in and it just reeked of pig meat. It was so disgusting. Thankfully, I got desensitized to it by the time we got our table and I could eat my portabello burger in peace.

<3
Heather

"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one." -E. Roosevelt
#95 Old 03-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Beginner

I've been a vegetarian for 28 years this year, and the smell of cooking meats and seafood has never bothered me. Wherever and whenever I've smelt it.

Vegetarian since October 1983
#96 Old 03-25-2011, 10:28 AM
mlp
Banned

I've been vegetarion for over twenty years, and the smell of meat being cooked has only been unpleasant to me when it's being boiled, but that was the case even before I went vegetarian.
#97 Old 03-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Vegan Very Metal

If the meat etc was smothered in honey you would
think it was frigging fantastic.
#98 Old 03-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Veggie Regular

^^
#99 Old 03-25-2011, 07:09 PM

Bacon. I hate the smell of bacon. My roommate cooks it a few times a week, and the greasy, fatty smell hangs in the house like a booger for HOURS afterward.
#100 Old 03-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless_summer View Post

Bacon. I hate the smell of bacon. My roommate cooks it a few times a week, and the greasy, fatty smell hangs in the house like a booger for HOURS afterward.

Bacon in particular makes me want to vomit. I used to date a guy whose roommate made SO MUCH BACON. It would seep into my boyfriend's bedroom and linger for hours. D:
#101 Old 03-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

If the meat etc was smothered in honey you would
think it was frigging fantastic.

wat.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#102 Old 03-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Beginner

I was food shopping today at my local supermarket and you have to pass through the "dead animals" aisle before getting to the other groceries. As I was passing by, the smell and just the look of all these poor animals made me SICK! It was just gross. Good thing MorningStar was on sale-- I was happy again.
#103 Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Veggie Regular

my Mom was making turkey soup outta my fams yesterdays dinner...the turkey and I soooo needed a barf bag....the look and smell alone....Ick!!

Peace!!

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
#104 Old 03-29-2011, 06:18 AM

Everytime I go shopping with my Mum, she insists on buying Lamb/Steak from the meat aisles, I can't bear the smell of it, it makes me gag, I'll offer to go do her fruit/veg shopping whilst she's picking it up.
#105 Old 03-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Veggie Regular

The smell of meat doesn't phase me much, but I can't stand bacon. Sunday morning the landlords cook it upstairs and the smell gets pushed through the vents into my apartment. And the smell of bacon when you wake up with an empty stomach is horrible. Gotta spend the next 20 minutes eating just to fight the craving.
#106 Old 03-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Veggie Regular

My husband dragged me into a butcher shop once and I almost puked.

ÂAn animalÂs eyes have the power to speak a great language.Â
ÂMartin Buber
#107 Old 03-30-2011, 12:21 PM

Seafood, yes. Other meats actually smell good to me still but I could never eat it. Just like this past weekend my mom's boyfriend grilled steak and even though it smelled good, my stomach turned. Hard to explain.

Tomatoes & Potatoes <3
#108 Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 AM

Never liked the smell of sea food or fish. The smell of uncooked white or red meat disgusts me. I don't even find the smell of cooked meat pleasant either, I used to though.
I normally get my hubby to cook any meat he wants outside on the barbie, the other day the gas was finished while cooking himself lamb chops, and he had to finish cooking them inside, it was oooo so disgusting, the house was left with that horrible smell. Hopefully it won't happen again.

"Cowardice asks the question 'Is it safe?', expediency asks the question 'Is it politic?', vanity asks the question 'Is it popular?'. But conscience asks the question 'Is it right?' and there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must...
#109 Old 04-02-2011, 07:34 PM

i was on a residential school trip, we were eating someplace and i was about to puke from the chicken smell, so i ran and hid out in the bathrooom with two other veggies. the teachers called us back and said we were overreacting etc. then when our vegetarian option arrived (a plate with a bit of cucumber on) it tasted of chicken, there were lumps of flesh on the plate, and it had blatantly been chopped on the same board as the meat, with the same knife. i refused to eat it, as did the other veggies, and we all earned after school detentions for when we got back for "being too picky" =_= and my english teacher wonders why i havent done homework for her for six months *shakes head in disgust*

Neutrality means that you don't really care
Cause the struggle goes on even when you're not there
Blind and unaware~
#110 Old 04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Seafood and ground beef smell terrible when they're cooking. Well, seafood still does when it's finished.
#111 Old 04-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I had somebody staying at my house to dog sit a while ago, and they left some leftover chinese food in the fridge. Some kind of shrimp. When I dumped it down the disposal, I seriously almost barfed when the smell hit me.
#112 Old 04-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

I had somebody staying at my house to dog sit a while ago, and they left some leftover chinese food in the fridge. Some kind of shrimp. When I dumped it down the disposal, I seriously almost barfed when the smell hit me.

I came home from work last weekend and my brother in law was here with Chinese chock full o' meat. I gagged as I walked into the house. My husband was nice enough to clean in up and air out the house while I was upstairs.

The opposite of war isn't peace. It's creation!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page