Never seen anything quite like this... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

So we had to run some errands today, including picking up my husband's grand mother to run her to Target.

On the first pass down Eastern Avenue, there was a tent on the side of the four lane Avenue and a piglet carcass laying across the white table with folding legs next to the road. (two lane "Main Street" in Baltimore- Eastern Avenue/Boulevard) I could hardly believe my eyes. It looked like an autopsy. There was a sign up "Ravens game special Pig Roast" etc. advertising beers and such...
On the second pass by, poor thing was on the grill in front of the building still on display(behind the men in the pictures) you could see hooves, snout, ears and all each time.

On our way home here are the pictures I snapped with the BlackBerry as we drove by, best I could do!

Sitting at the red light about to take a left to go home:

passing by:

I'm just shocked at it's busy, public location considering even most omni's are grossed out by gorey pig/bull roasts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Gross Pig roasts are horrific. My cousin has one every summer and I love her but I can't go, it's too gross. One year when I was a kid she stuck her finger in some white goop of the brain i asked about, scooped it up, ate it, and told me it was brain. Yea I love her but she's crazy.
And weird this is like 10 minutes from me. I'm in Baltimore county for college and learning people hear get really crazy over the ravens...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will then know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
#3 Old 09-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Veggie Regular

That's awful. And KristenKat-I couldn't even finish reading your post because it was making me way too nauseous . I've never seen a pig roast before. I've heard about them but been lucky enough never to witness them and intend to keep it that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-13-2010, 05:27 PM

Ick and Ick!!.....a few friends of mine used to have one and have the nerve to invite me....I never went they got angry and the friendship sorta faded away....

peace
#5 Old 09-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Veggie Regular

side note - I love the ravens.

back on topic - that's absolutely revolting, poor piggie. I saw a commercial for something yesterday (I cant for the life of me remember what it was about) but they showed a the cut up pig after it was roasted and it's head was on a plate with the apple still in its mouth, all blackened. I almost threw up before I could find the clicker to change the channel.

Wake up your generation! Wake up and save the nation! Wake up determination! I am afraid we're going down, Afraid we're going down in flames...
#6 Old 09-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Veggie Regular

That is horrifying.
#7 Old 09-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes its disgusting and I almost lost my supper reading it. I am sorry you witnessed this.
#8 Old 09-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I remember seeing that in Hawaii. I was still omni at the time and it gave me a lot to think about the next time I ate meat.
#9 Old 09-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, there's a group here of engineer types that I was thinking about joining, but everything seems to be about barbeque, including their meetings. On the IRC channel, much of the talk was about meat, which I'm used to by now; after accidentally clicking on links to pictures of a 4-pig simultaneous roaster and such that they all seemed so fascinated by, I eventually just found other groups. Must have missed the classes on skewering sentient beings and wasting money in bad attempts to kill unknown poor people across the world, since there doesn't seem to be anything else in sight. I mentioned to one of the group leaders that I'd prefer to come on a night wo the barbeque if possible, but he seemed confused and not interested in talking. "Whole Pig Roast Don't Waste Money. Compare & Save. Whole Pig Roast shopping.yahoo.com" - thank you Ads by Google, you read my mind. Sorry for the downer post. Any engineers out there interested in workgroups?
#10 Old 09-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

My friend said she's going to have one of these at her wedding as the only meal option. I think it's barbaric, but at least it's blatantly obvious what it is. Most people don't associate the food on their plate with the animal it started out as, and at least this way there's no hiding it. For the people that are okay with it, I may not agree with them but at least they're not lying to themselves about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page