Why it is Impossible to for you to be Completely Vegetarian or Vegan! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Banned

My wife has been a vegetarian for about 10 years but i recently found this article which says basically she along with most of this site is living a lie because animal products are in almost everything!

[link removed by moderator]

Read it for yourself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Living a lie!!!!1!11!!! Say it ain't so...

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#3 Old 05-04-2010, 10:34 AM

Begin vegan isn't about completely eliminating animal products, it's about eliminating animal products in moderation; to the best of your ability. As long as you're always trying your hardest to avoid animal products, you are vegan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Veggie Regular

That's such a sad and disgusting reality, isn't it? I guess that's why we should stay away from processed foods as much as possible and just do our very best. At least people like us are trying to make a difference.

Laura
#5 Old 05-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulHumanist View Post

Begin vegan isn't about completely eliminating animal products, it's about eliminating animal products in moderation; to the best of your ability. As long as you're always trying your hardest to avoid animal products, you are vegan.

I like that answer.

Gandhi said something along the lines of that the benefit of veg*ism to a persons character is that is a daily excercise in "self restraint for the benefit of others".

From that I would say that 100% success in eliminating products of death and suffering from our lifestyles is not really not that important.

The important thing more being how much genuine effort we put into trying.
#6 Old 05-04-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless Git View Post

Gandhi said something along the lines of that the benefit of veg*ism to a persons character is that is a daily excercise in "self restraint for the benefit of others".

he shoulda tried to exercise some of that self restraint when he used to beat his wife up.
#7 Old 05-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapt View Post

he shoulda tried to exercise some of that self restraint when he used to beat his wife up.

A read of Gandhis auto-biography left me with the massive impression that the way he treated his wife when he was a younger man was a shame he never quite got over.

Rather nobley, I thought, Gandhi was also very much in to confessing his own sins and very much not one to confess the sins of others.
#8 Old 05-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janderson55999 View Post

My wife has been a vegetarian for about 10 years but i recently found this article which says basically she along with most of this site is living a lie because animal products are in almost everything!

[link removed by moderator]

Read it for yourself

Hahaha! I always enjoy getting this argument from omnivores, it's so silly.

"Hey, did you know trace amounts of blah blah blah are in such and such product that you eat? Clearly this makes your whole argument for compassion irrelevant and we should all kill kill kill!!!!"

It's like saying that since it's impossible to be a nice person 100% of the time you should just be a giant *******. I'm sure you thought this was very clever when you posted it but you might wanna rethink that logic a little more.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#9 Old 05-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

WG,

Very well put!

Laura
#10 Old 05-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

It's like saying that since it's impossible to be a nice person 100% of the time you should just be a giant *******.

Excellent!
#11 Old 05-04-2010, 02:24 PM

I'm going back to eating dead animals, that has convinced me.
#12 Old 05-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:

It's like saying that since it's impossible to be a nice person 100% of the time you should just be a giant *******.

That gets a big from me as well!
#13 Old 05-04-2010, 02:42 PM
adapt. evolve. become

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post

I'm going back to eating dead animals, that has convinced me.

Yep, same here.

All we are is dust in the wind
#14 Old 05-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Just curious why the link was removed?
#15 Old 05-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Ankle Biter

Newbies are not allowed to post links to limit spam. The only exception is that we do allow newbie links that are veg*n related and offer something of value to the the thread.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#16 Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Veggie Regular

That's why I find it better to cook at home instead of eating out so often. That and reading labels. All. The. Time.

Atame.
#17 Old 05-05-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:

Wow thanks for the great quote WG. Sometimes you see a quote that makes almost TOO much sense. This is def going in my newbie vegan treasure chest
#18 Old 05-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Veggie Regular

The thought that occurs to me is, "if a building is on fire and I know that I can't save all the people inside, does that mean I shouldn't try to save any of them?"
#19 Old 05-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Veggie Regular

To me, the question isn't why the link was removed. The question is why the OP wasn't banned, since he's obviously not veg*n.

--Fromper

#20 Old 05-07-2010, 02:24 PM
adapt. evolve. become

I don't think he's coming back.

All we are is dust in the wind
#21 Old 05-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Newbies are not allowed to post links to limit spam. The only exception is that we do allow newbie links that are veg*n related and offer something of value to the the thread.

Thanks...i am still trying to understand things here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

To me, the question isn't why the link was removed. The question is why the OP wasn't banned, since he's obviously not veg*n.

--Fromper

good point...i wasn't really interested in what he was saying anyway...just wondering about the rules of the board...lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page