Veggie baby books.. Any recommendations?? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-18-2004, 08:56 PM

So I've been looking around for books I can read on raising a veg baby.. but they all sound good! I went to the Barnes & Noble to look around but there were a bazillion people in there today and I got frustrated and left before I even got to the baby section!! (I've been a very impatient pregnant woman this week... )

Books are cheaper on the internet anyway, but I cannot afford to buy a lot of books that aren't really going to help me out. Have any of you veggie mamas out there read any books that you would recommend??

I was looking specifically at "Raising Vegetarian Children : A Guide to Good Health and Family Harmony by Joanne Stepaniak" and "Raising Vegan Children in a Non-Vegan World: A Complete Guide for Parents by Erin Pavlina".

"Prenatal Yoga and Natural Childbirth, Third Edition by Jeannine Parvati Baker" and "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin" also look interesting to me.

Any reviews of any veggie pregnancy and natural childbirth books would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Veggie Regular

AFAIK, the latest edition of one of the most famous baby books, "Dr. Spock's Baby and Childcare", advocates a vegan diet for moms and infants!!!
#3 Old 01-19-2004, 08:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Plamil has a book(let) on raising vegan children.

I'm sure the vegan society has info you can use.

or see http://www.veganvillage.co.uk/plamil/infants.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Ah! When I read this ttle I thought you meant "books *for* vegetarian babies". There aren't nearly enough of those, IMO.
#5 Old 01-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Veggie Regular

When I read the title I thought of books for veg babies as well, then book made out of vegetables for babies.. heh

I get a lot of books from half.com cause they're usually much cheaper, even when you factor in the $2.50 or whatever media mail shipping. Other than that, I'm no help.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#6 Old 01-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I have read both of the books you mentioned and they are both good.I like Raising Vegan Children In A Non Vegan World more because it has a lot of examples of situations that will come up and what to do about them.If you haven't already,you should check out Erin Pavlina's website www.vegfamily.com. Good luck!
#7 Old 01-20-2004, 09:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Oops.I meant both of the vegetarian books.I haven't read the other books you mentioned.
#8 Old 01-21-2004, 09:07 PM

Thanks for the input guys.. 808veggie has offered to send me her used books as well so I really appreciate it.

Rabid_child, I am a penny pincher.. half.com is THE BEST!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page