What are you currently craving?(not meat related) - Page 67 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

#1981 Old 05-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I've heard about PB and pickle sandwiches before! I'm curious about it too, it could be interesting.

I know Im just so scared... Hahah you should experiment with it first and let me know! I do like a lot of weird food combos though, so maybe this is actually good. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1982 Old 05-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Veggie Regular

And Im currently craving potato salad. I have a jar of vegenaise but no other ingrediants damn it.  Perhaps I will grocery shop tomorrow.

#1983 Old 05-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches sounds like something my wife would like.  Her parents told me she was practically weaned off pickles.

If I' have unsweatened, natural peanut butter I sometimes make peanut butter habanero sandwiches.  They're super tasty.

"It is far better to be happy than to have your bodies act as graveyards for animals. Accordingly, the apostle Matthew partook of seeds, nuts and vegetables, without flesh"- Clement of Alexandria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1984 Old 05-08-2014, 06:07 AM

My version of Waldorf salad, subbing chopped candied ginger for the grapes and natural PB for the mayo. In fact, that might be dinner tonight. smiley.gif
#1985 Old 05-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolciani View Post

My version of Waldorf salad, subbing chopped candied ginger for the grapes and natural PB for the mayo. In fact, that might be dinner tonight. smiley.gif

Sorry, but that no longer qualifies as waldorf salad!

Sounds good mind you, but the changes are in no way equal!

I do now want waldorf salad- with grapes, apples, celery, walnuts, pineapple chunks and a creamy dressing.

The first time I made a soymilk/oil mayo I used sweetened vanilla and it made the perfect waldorf dressing!

Yours does sound really good....I think I've now changed my mind about it not qualifying and may make it your way instead! :D

Can you post your recipe? Did you thin the PB with something?

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#1986 Old 05-12-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolciani View Post

Sorry, but that no longer qualifies as waldorf salad!

Sounds good mind you, but the changes are in no way equal!

I do now want waldorf salad- with grapes, apples, celery, walnuts, pineapple chunks and a creamy dressing.

The first time I made a soymilk/oil mayo I used sweetened vanilla and it made the perfect waldorf dressing!

Yours does sound really good....I think I've now changed my mind about it not qualifying and may make it your way instead! 

Can you post your recipe? Did you thin the PB with something?

Not a recipe, really. Dice the ginger (sometimes I use dried apricots or dates) and chop up a few walnuts or pecans, and stir in about a tablespoon of PB thinned with unsweetened applesauce or just water. Core and chop up an apple and add it. Super fast and easy!

I've made mayo at home before but since I'm trying to cut out the eggs I might try the soymilk/oil next after I run out of Vegenaise. smiley.gif
#1987 Old 09-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

I just discovered two new products that I'm desperately craving:

What, I want them now!
LedBoots and dream orphan like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1988 Old 09-04-2014, 04:20 PM

Pumpkin flavored everything.
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#1989 Old 09-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Peaches!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1990 Old 09-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

I've been wanting a seitan roast with garlic mashed potatoes and Campbells mushroom gravy and cooked carrots!

and apples!
#1991 Old 09-11-2014, 11:00 PM

Strawberries and raspberries. I was eating some a few nights ago, but I ran out. I need to go buy more. Berries are my absolute favorite.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men." ~Leonardo da Vinci~
"In their behavior toward creatures, all men are Nazis. Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and...
#1992 Old 09-12-2014, 07:24 AM

Pumpkin scones.
#1993 Old 09-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Beginner

Vegan nachos with black eyed pea salsa and heaps of guacamole and tofutti sour cream.
#1994 Old 09-18-2014, 10:24 AM

Tofu Golden curry:

Spoiler

Add whatever you like with those cubes, some potatoes, some tofu, some brown rice or even black rice on the side, some bellpeppers. Oh my god makes my mouth water thinking about it.
#1995 Old 09-18-2014, 12:06 PM

The weather is cool today and I am anticipating the veggie chili that's been in my crock pot all day. Yum. 5 o'clock can't come soon enough.
Purp likes this.
#1996 Old 09-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

An almond butter/banana smoothie but my bananas aren't ripe yet.
Purp likes this.

#1997 Old 09-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Isa Moskowitz's Pad Thai Salad. That's normal, right? Right? Right?

Off topic--Ellephants3--I love your avatar.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#1998 Old 09-20-2014, 10:17 PM
Impeach the gangster

Watermelon.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#1999 Old 09-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Watermelon.
My craving is similar... Cantaloupe.

#2000 Old 09-21-2014, 08:10 PM

Chili, specifically my own special recipe chili. I call Clyde's Pot of Hell, Omnivores dare try to eat it, lol
#2001 Old 09-22-2014, 08:01 AM
an irregular

these dumplings for the past few days since i saw them pop up in my facebook feed. saved the page to my recipe folder on my phone and when i went to do my week's food shopping, my phone decided to be uncooperative in the store and wouldnt let me open the page to see the ingredients i didnt have . i'll try again tomorrow
dream orphan likes this.
#2002 Old 09-23-2014, 01:39 AM

I ran out of nutritional yeast a few months ago and my life hasn't been the same since! Could really sprinkle that on everything. Also craving vegan pho & bun thit, sea weed paper, ayce veg sushi, vegan corndogs and blueberries!! mmm!
#2003 Old 10-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

I'm craving a falafel wrap with lots of hummus and pickles.

#2004 Old 10-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Bracing for snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I'm craving a falafel wrap with lots of hummus and pickles.
You're singing my song, Natalie! I just made a fresh batch of hummus yesterday. Yum. I've been making 2 per week, on average. Add falafel and the sprouts I'm growing... SO GOOD!

Ken
#2005 Old 10-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Today I was also craving hummus and falafel, (wwg's fault!) So i made this falafel pie crust thing (from a falafel mix), with (lots of) hummus, almond yogurt, tomatoes, cucumber, black olives, and these crispy onion sticks on top. It is a recipe I've made before from the vegan stoner blog. It was great!
Werewolf Girl and ilikekale like this.
#2006 Old 10-19-2014, 04:26 PM

Pasta. I want lots of pasta.
#2007 Old 10-20-2014, 07:07 AM
an irregular

pickle pizza with daiya mozz, (kosher hamburger dill chips, like green pepperonis! )
#2008 Old 10-20-2014, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrittany View Post
Pasta. I want lots of pasta.
Me too! I'm craving whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce, lots of zucchini and garlic and vegan eggplant pomodoro on top.

#2009 Old 11-03-2014, 06:10 PM

This is a great thread to just let loose on our cravings!! I love it Totally love this recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Persimm...-Salad&evt19=1 The persimmons pack a sweet tinge and the pecans balance out the flavor with a taste of salt. To top it all off, the honey gives the texture that makes your mouth come back for more. My family really enjoys the recipe and is kid tested and approved!!
#2010 Old 02-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Once again I am craving a falafel wrap with lots of hummus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page