The Meatrix - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I have been sent this link -

http://www.themeatrix1.com/

What do you think?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Someone might scold you for posting that. There's been a lot of threads about this apparently. But I think it's kinda funny and creative. And, actually, I never knew it existed until about 2 days ago.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#3 Old 04-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Someone might scold you for posting that. There's been a lot of threads about this apparently. But I think it's funny, creative, and very informative. And, actually, I never knew it existed until about 2 days ago.

Oops! I apologise it is new to me. How do I remove this thread?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone T View Post

Oops! I apologise it is new to me. How do I remove this thread?

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's ok. Those threads are old, and I'm positive quite a few people haven't seen this yet! It's fairly new to me, too.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#5 Old 04-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd never seen it before!

I like it

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -Sirius Black
#6 Old 04-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Beginner

I'd never heard of it. Pretty interesting but you'd think these animals wouldnt want to be eaten at all, huh? ;D
#7 Old 04-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I've seen it. It's very informative and is at least good at getting the word across to meat eaters as to what conditions their food are being brought to them under. Still, it is somewhat pro-meat (encouraging others to buy from organic/local farms if I remember right)...and that's just not ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05zhL1YUd8Q
#8 Old 04-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I've seen it. It's very informative and is at least good at getting the word across to meat eaters as to what conditions their food are being brought to them under. Still, it is somewhat pro-meat (encouraging others to buy from organic/local farms if I remember right)...and that's just not ok.

#9 Old 04-06-2010, 07:04 PM

I went into it thinking it was going to be pro-vegetarian and was very shocked when it still advocated eating meat, albeit meat from small/local farms. At the end of the day, the animals are still being raised and slaughtered for the sole purpose of being food. I don't agree with it. But I guess it's good that it's raising awareness of factory farms.
#10 Old 04-08-2010, 06:10 AM
Veggie Regular

I remember my Biology teacher showing this in class when I was 15 or 16. I think I was shocked, but it didn't stop me from eating meat then :/

I guess it was because eating meat was seen as something so natural and normal? And also because I was an apathetic teen :/
#11 Old 04-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Beginner

I agree, It does let you know of the fear these animals experience, but at the same time it does promote eating meat......such irony.

blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Jazz View Post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page